(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Sounds like we have ourselves a bit of an exploratory expedition. I can be of assistance in navigating the ever-twisting roots of the hedge, it’s on my list of things to do. Begin mapping out trods and the more unexplored areas if you are all interested. “

After that he took the brief lull to finish off his burger and go behind the counter and start building a second.

“Anyone want one?”

He asked everyone but he was looking right at the newly arrived Ashen King. He nodded at Bugul’s words.

“It’s something that can wait, whenever is convenient for you, it’s an open offer.”

He shrugged as he finished his burger assembly and took a bite though the Gentry were brought up and his mask remained firm, his expression cold and filled with apathy. It was hard for him to not read their reactions to this, to not empathize with their own pain. He could feel it like barbs under his skin, scars they all shared and didn’t have much of a choice but to bear them openly.

Though then the pun train started and he couldn’t help but blink slowly twice before his fingers moved up to rub his forehead in a very slow and deliberate face palm. He kept eating just nodding along to the Spring Monarch’s words, swallowing harshly as he needed to remember to get a drink before answering her.

“It’s really not a problem, I’m very used to it.”

He left it at that, he was Winter after all. He turned to the Dread Lord his mask on as tight as the others, his head tilted a bit as he observed the man as he spoke. He didn’t have a need to read in too deeply at the moment so he just watched his mannerisms, listening to his inflections and seeing how others reacted to the Dread Lord’s presence.

“A pleasure your grace, we’d been talking about you as the de facto ruling body at current and the need for an oath. I’d be fine handling that now or before we leave if you’d like. Trying not to discuss too much business while we’re all enjoying ourselves is all.”

Goes by the name: John

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods her head at the talk of an expedition, "Tracker, scavenger, warrior, book worm. Ya need a mixed set o' skills ta make a safe expedition. Or a shit ton of supplies with a vehicle ya don't care ta lose. Ya know, buy yer way through the expedition if ya don't have the skills."

Circe sends Seraphina a confused look at the talk of not including John in a monarch meeting for the reasons given. Wasn't that obvious that they should not? "Pleasure tonight, swearing business later."

She then turns to Rhodes with a smile, "Sweet Dread Lord one of my crowns was challenged. Not Queenly crown but Princess of Puns. I felt the need to defend my title. Good thing it wasn't Queen Bitch I got challenged on right? That would'a gone terribly."

Then to John, "As Sera said, swear in before big secret stuff," the tone was matter of fact before she smiled at him, "Though my offer of a vehicle ta do it with is open."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

The Goatman's expression turned to one of light surprise as Circe recommended gathering via a pickup in the Hedge. It is not an option he had considered... perhaps he was simply a purist or the effects of every Beast's weakness.

In regards to the pairing of Rhodes and Sera, there is no sign that he had meant his words in jest. The timing of Rhodes arrival was a lucky thing for John, given the role the Ashen King had granted himself through his actions. The further comments of Sera's relationship with Rhodes also appeared to be genuine. In the eyes of this vine laden Beast, the Crowns of Spring and Autumn were mates.

Sera is also the only Monarch to acknowledge his offer to leave the Courts to their business. The Crown of Summer is distracted with her own war of playful words and Rhodes himself is preoccupied with the assessment before him. Thus, to only Sera does Bugul grant a nod in thanks. With his presence welcomed, the Goatman turns his attentions to Rhodes and the new Winter, though his eyes remain predominantly on the former, given his familiarity and his position as a figure of authority.

John does receive some attention from the resident Courtless, however. As he speaks of his open offer, the Goatman grants him a glance and dips his head briefly in acknowledgement. Will Bugul grant the man an ear? Perhaps, but his cold court is not the only one in which the whispers that advise the Beast bear an interest. He has learned to trust them and for now the Thousand Voices advise that he should remain apart.

Through it all Bugul says not a word, content to observe as the conversation turns to the need to solidify John formally in the Domain. It was a necessity, but Bugul did not feel the need to remind the Onyx Darkling of this. He already had enough voices around him that had done so. Of those assembled, Rhodes seemed the most favored to grant the Oath, but he was also still the sitting Sovereign. The choice to involve him was the most appropriate.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord seems jovial enough. In his mind, though, Fear is itching. Each time they gather, new faces. So much transience. For those that try and strike a place to call their own, is was a stark reminder that theirs was a life frought with change and always ready to abandon for the next place, or be caught by those that sought them.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-20 04:15:20 Rhodes rolls 6 to Conceal true feelings - Comp+Subterfuge, 9 again (Flowering) (9 Again) 9, 8, 7, 4, 1, 9, 3, 4 3 successes

And that, of course, is why we fight for this in our own ways.

He catches sight of the new face. "No thank you. I'm always wary of new faces offering gifts." The smile remains. "Ah, an Oath. Of course. So often does such a duty fall to the Leaden Mirror. The Wyrd is particularly fickle here, making Freehold binds most difficult to enforce, and so we do personal bond to those that are new - something I take upon most seriously."

Turning to Circe, an Eyebrow arches. "My dear Circe, I can dredge a name or two form the past that mught certainly throw down such a gauntlet, but here?" He looks around, "I think we have enough niches to hold out own titles."

The Flowering looks around. "Not a time for talk of the crowns, though I think we should meet very soon. The Dreaming is turbulent, the locals are unsettled, and violence is on the rise - All stemming, I fear, from the imbalance in our Freehold's Courts." He looks to the pair of Queens. "Next week, perhaps? Over coffee?"

Finally the Dread Lord looks back to John, smiling once again. "But before all that, an Oath, I think. Would you care to step this way?"

Quick Side thread?
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"You damn right, Bart!" Sonnie nodded in agreement about their Seeming's affinity for the natural world... and the Hedge. "I'm quite the girl scout myself. Got my knot tying badge and everything." She paused a beat, "I didn't do so well with cookie sales. Mostly because I ate them all."

The monkey smiled at the goat, "Fugly is a rescue dog. I got him away from a really scummy guy who was mistreating him. Now I make sure Fugly has a good life." There were some obvious parallels between this dog's former situation and the experiences of the Lost, none of which escaped her. "I even got the asshole evicted for good measure. That was satisfying."

"Yeah, Circe can do puns 'till you're blue in the face. You'll elven find her doing them at the most inappropriate of times." She giggled and ate some more of her burger.

Meanwhile, Fugly the Not-So-Guard Dog was happily accepting sweet affection from Seraphina, even flopping over to get his belly rubbed. Truly, he was a devoted little Claviger.

The Steepscrambler pointed at the Summer Queen, "Shall I challenge you to a Pun Off? A showdown of wordplay and innuendo? Are you circe-ous about this?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Sounds like we have the skills and I know I don’t have that kind of disposable income to just throw away a vehicle. I usually find backpacks and camping supplies are fine.”

He shrugged at her words, was easier for her to blow off the business when the dead horse of his swearing in kept getting beat in over and over again. He was glad Bugul had said something but it’s not like he hadn’t understood the point the first time it had been brought up. So he just starred impassively as he continued making his burger and said nothing further.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-20 08:37:54 Reading Rhodes rolls 5 to Wits + Empathy - Rigid Mask (9 Again) 8, 7, 7, 8, 8 3 successes

He looked over at Rhodes, his face as unreadable as John’s but John had spent the last two decades reading harder, more inhuman faces in “Court” for his master. He could see the mask slip even if it was only for an instant.

Was that how he had been taken, Strange gifts?

“I understand, I obviously take duty seriously.”

His words were firm and confident as he nodded his ascent and stepped aside with Rhodes, rather getting this over and done with so they could all move on together. Seemed he was the one that usually handled the pledges here so hopefully there wouldn’t be too much back and forth about particular wording. He was still Winter after all, sometimes a little pain was a good thing.

With that thought Sonnie’s talk on Fugly made him frown as they stepped away, his own burger held on a plate in his left hand.

I just want to put it all behind me and move on, I don’t know how much time any of us have left all I can do is keep the wolves at bay for another day.

Goes by the name: John

0 Scenes

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Downside to wearing a cute new dress and your boyfriend being the Dread Lord? The cold breeze. Absently she feels the shiver, but ignores it, deciding to focus on how good she looks in the dress. The whispers heard, but she focuses on those around her.

Finishing off her cotton candy, she turns her attention to him when he addresses her, “Hm?” moving to throw away the bag, careful not to step on Fugly. “Oh, various things. All of them good I assure you.” She teases with a sly smirk.

Turning her attention to John, “I would be interested in joining such an expedition.” Mostly for the fact that if something went bad, she would be there to help.

Nods were offered to Circe as Sera managed to snag another bag of cotton candy. Why have burgers when there was spun sugar to enjoy?!

“Next week? That won’t be a problem.”
    Agrees the Nix.

Laughing, she looks to Sonnie, “I can't blame you there, those cookies are the best!”
    one of those situations where you can’t eat just one and end up eating the whole box.

Fugly got all the belly rubs, Sera appearing quite happy to provide as much as he wanted.

She then groans as the puns began, but did chuckle a few times.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho ho! True Rhodes," Circe was glad that Rhodes was agreeing with her. Sort of. "And ya know me and coffee. I'm as in as Seraphina."

She turns to Sonja, "Oh I am always Circe-ous about bein' me, but there is no need fer ya ta go ape as I'll never tire of yer monkey business. Hopefully at least 1 of 10 are good because its bad if no pun in ten did turn out goooo, wait a minute," Circe's ear twitches at the origins of Fugly. Rhe Summer wasn't chipper now. "Did this asshole hurt Fugly? Do ya want me ta ruin his accounts? Or his legs?"

Protective Summer coming out now. Do not harm the friends of Summer, it will end badly for you.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Glancing to Circe as she ate more cotton candy, “Then I will make sure I have enough prepared. Can’t have you without the proper amount of fresh coffee.” That wouldn’t be good. For anyone.

Then the puns continue, and she was content to eat her flavored sugar and listen. But then takes a turn. And not a good one. Fugly wasn’t her dog, though she still cared about him, so she doesn’t say anything. But she does give him more pets.

Sapphires then look over to Rhodes and John. Making sure nothing was getting too heated, cause it was embarrassing to have your butt kicked by a girl.

“So Circe, thoughts on paint ball? Always been curious about, but I don’t know a lot about it.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread