Edward Calls Lenora

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward sits, staring at a still uncut gem, his mouth pressed in a thin line. He tapped hereto unused contact: Lenora
    His eyes bored holes in the phone's screen, waiting for "calling..." to become "00:00" before pressing the receiver to his ear.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora had been resting. Brooding over the long road ahead and the promise of adversity when the peculiarities of her blood would be made manifest.

Did she still have time? There was much to do and the mutability of the blood did not make the task easier. For all she knew, the bloodline could rise the following night. Or even tonight. All she was certain of was that she had not yet prepared enough.

The phone soon rang, pulling Lenora out of her dark reverie as her eyes beheld the caller. She smiled.

Answering the phone, the Lord brought the phone to her lips.

"Good evening, Mr. Heinrich."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"And to you, Ms. Greene." He felt a smile tug at the corners of his lips, "I have two items of business to discuss if this is a good time?"

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora enjoyed the formality Edward exuded. His response and cadence pleased the Ventrue and, within her response, Edward could undoubtedly hear the smile in her words.

"Of course,
    " she said, "As you are readily aware, time is something I have in great abundance."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Your modesty is worthy of praise, as always, Ms. Greene. If I may impose upon some of your time; for our upcoming meeting with Ms. Torsione, I am hoping a contact of yours might be able to arrange a discrete place from which we may observe the theatre. I would never be so uncouth as to avoid mention of this contribution to the success of the evening in conversation with Ms. Torsione."

A little on the nose, but that was okay. Beginning the night strong was key.

"The second point of business I fear is even bolder of me to raise. If the meeting's outcome is your joining the fold, there is the small matter of a formal... apprenticeship... It would reflect well upon you to have this matter already settled." Such a difficult thing to say, "I would be happy to oversee this period of transition. That being said, I could not find offence in a refusal. There are others more qualified for the position than I, should you secure their acceptance."

And, finishing strong was just as vital.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

There is a pause.

"That is dependent on the contacts - and the nature for your request,"
    came a measured response, "Does Ms. Torsione know of your intent to discretely observe her holdings? If not, I question if your wish to do so is prudent."

There was little judgement in the Ventrue's voice. Rather the tone was calculated, but it was clear Lenora would not blindly risk her assets. Offering commitment without assessing the risk to her favor with the Alder would be too bold for the careful Lord to consider. Therefore, she was unwilling to commit. For the moment.

As Edward mentioned his place in the meeting, there was a pleased hum on the other end.

"I had suspected Ms. Torsione's decision to include you was associated with a period of mentorship - either for me or yourself,"
    Lenora admitted, pleased with her correct intuition, "Perhaps it is both, hmm?"

As far as Lenora was aware, Twist had no personal protege. The closest to that role was perhaps Prince Alessandra herself, but Her Majesty's relationship to the Alder did not appear to be associated with education.

"I understand, Mr. Heinrich,"
    she said, "However, we are both aware a refusal to accept you as a mentor would be foolish, no? Ms. Torsione's interest in associating your name with my consideration seemed quite plain."

As for Lenora's own thoughts on the placement of Edward as her teacher? Nothing was offered. Despite the Daeva's insistence, Lenora did not believe the choice was hers to make. A Ventrue's education was often a thing of absolutes.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Her holdings? Edward frowned, there has been a miscommunication.
    "I must apologize, Ms. Greene, I have been too vague. I meant only to ask if you could acquire tickets for a box the three of us could observe the play from."

Edward laughed softly, "That it is the latter, I have little doubt."

The frown twitched again, "And I would never imagine you fool, Ms. Greene."
    Her directness could be endearing, but if the final result was the same, why not just say yes? The subtle undermining was something to be worked on, but that was for another time.

8. Likes Stray liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small 'Oh' sounds at the other end as Edward explains his request more directly.

"The apology should be mine," she said, "It is perhaps unwise to assume your request was given with less-noble intentions in mind. I am more than willing to secure a box to afford us privacy. Did you have a date in mind?"

After all, her apprenticeship under him gave Edward an opportunity of his own. It suited both to work together and Edward had no clear reason to directly risk his position in the First Estate.

Another pause, somewhat longer than the last, followed from Edward's brief response regarding Lenora's own comments on the concept of their proposed relationship as mentor and student.

"Nor have I ever imagined you to be ineffectual, Mr. Heinrich," she said, affirming her acceptance of his offer of sponsorship more directly, "In truth, I am ecstatic Ms. Torsione favors you for the task. We are not dissimilar and I feel you could instruct me quite thoroughly. Should I prove an asset in her eyes, I look forward to my education under you."

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Think nothing of it, Ms. Greene. Hamlet is to be performed on [date]."

Edward sat calmly on the line, unbothered by the pauses. There was no rush, and taking the time to carefully compose a response tended to save time in the long run.

When her answer came, it was a very welcome one indeed. From within the darkness of his apartment, Edward allowed himself an uninhibited and boyish grin. "You flatter me, Ms. Greene. But I confess similar feelings, I look forward to a successful meeting and then our mutual rise."

"I believe that handles our immediate business. Have a wonderful reminder of your evening, Ms. Greene, and if there is anything that you need, please do not hesitate to call."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It will be done," Lenora offered, "The tickets will be purchased in short order. Is it within your preference that I pen a letter to Ms. Torsione detailing the rendezvous or would you prefer the privilege yourself?"

Lenora was told to secure the tickets - not to inform the Duchess. Therefore, she wanted to ensure she was well aware of the expectation. If Edward wanted to handle that part of the arrangement, it was his by right. Lenora was the outsider here.

Edward's reciprocation was quite flattering to the Unaligned loyalist who had been placed under his tutelage.

"As you say, Mr. Heinrich," she says, "it will be a privilege."

Naturally, Lenora would remain on the line if Edward wished to part with the final notes of their coming meeting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread