Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is not too odd," Twist replied with a small shake of her head. "In a business sense it is fairly straight forward to track. Is the show still making money? Is the amount getting smaller? If it is getting smaller, how long until it is not enough? Of course, even then it is too late. But it is good to track and predict. In an artistic sense it is more about feeling." She tapped the center of her chest lightly. "Have I grown bored of the show? Have my performers? What about the world at large? None of those are wanted, so I change the show to avoid"

Pausing she suddenly smiled and leaned back with a small shrug, "Or I am simply inspired. And, flicking her wrist like a magician revealing a flower in a previously empty hand, "we get a new show."

"You are more than welcome to do so." If Twist had any qualms about the city's Prince hinting at becoming a more familiar presence at her theater haven, it was not evident in her voice.

"I am curious who would make sure a statement to you," Twist murmured as she glanced down to brush away some lint from her skirt. "Surely not for lack of those wanting," her tone aimed to ease the air that Ale's words created between them. Alone. It was a fate for many of their kind. And not a pleasant one in her opinion. But she didn't have to worry. She was a Millarr and that fate would never be hers. But Ale was not her, and Twist could well see how that future could cast an early shadow.

Twist lowered her head again, this time in respect rather than a check for dust, "Should something come up that does, I will." Her words were statements, no hesitation evident. Inside though she noted that Ale had not answered her question. What, or who, had brought forth this sudden doubt into Ale?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale listened with clear interest as Twist described it. “Has it become easier to track? From what I understand, your theater has always been successful, the premier attractions of the city.” A hint of pride in her voice.

“I believe I would find the theater a more enjoyable evening then the office.” Though that was obvious.

The Savage was sure she was curious. “It wasn’t made out of anger, or we’d be less one Kindred in the Domain. It’s no secret that I’ve been more hands on then I should be. Taking on tasks that should be done by others. And that can create an unease, make those around me feel I don’t trust or value them. I simply wanted to let you know I was aware of it, and that I was taking the steps necessary to remedy it.” There was a soft smile, “I also didn’t want you to feel you were only important because of the position you hold. I value you, and as such, didn’t want to take advantage of what your position entails. But I need to realize, and accept, that you wanted to continue that role, and I need to step back, to let you do it.” Her words were gentle, which was new for her. But she had always tried to not take advantage and use the Daeva.

“I only bring it up because it’s not what we say, but how we say it. The tone, the undertones. Sometimes it can make what we say sound less positive. Or so I’ve read.” She thinks. Maybe. “It just sounded like there was a hint of doubt, and I just wanted to check. Touch base so to speak. Make sure if there was, that we could talk about it.” The Savage had been working on trying to be more understanding with others. "I've also been working on my own communication and being more," a pause, "uh, understanding?" she looked thoughtful, then nodded, "Yeah, understanding works, of others." she could be rough to talk to.

“And it’s probably nothing and this is all coming out wrong.”
    A hand waved dismissively. “I’ve learned what I say often comes out wrong and is interpreted wrong anyways.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A pleasantly confident smile graced Twist's face. "I never want the theater to reach the point where changing the show is necessary to save the theater. I suppose that does in some way make it easier," the first sign of reduced numbers, of disatisfaction in patron and performer... She assumed some shows would push past, try to wring more money out of each show. It wasn't easy or cheap after all to open a new show. But the Ballo Della Notte wasn't other theaters.

"Very much so," she agreed calmly.

A small chuckle but no denial of what Ale said. At least not until she mentioned the idea that she was valued only for her titles. With that, Twist gave an exaggerated face, holding up her hands in rejection of the very idea, "I know better than to think that."

"But," letting the expression fade and her hands fall back to her lap, she bowed her head, "I am as ready now as I was then to be your Hound," she intoned almost formally.

Raising her head she quirked an eyebrow across the desk at the Gangrel as an almost amused smile toyed with her lips. Tones and shifting words meanings. Twist may not have a great English vocabulary but she would have no right to claim the clan she did if she did not understand what Ale spoke of.

"It has never been said that I am afraid to speak my mind and be blunt about it," Twist said with a small curl to her lips. "Still, I am glad to know such talk would not be entirely unwelcome. But at this time, no - I do not have anything to speak of."

Twist was quiet for a moment, her dark eyes resting on Ale before she inhaled and broke the momentary quiet. Her shoulders lifted in a dismissive shrug, "Conversation requires at least two people. And it is rare for only one to be at fault in understanding. Anche se non č la loro lingua madre che stanno parlando."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod of understanding, “Not that I ever see it happening, not with all the reviews I’ve seen, and having been there.” A pause, “I suppose that’s what’s kept me from taking that step and opening a business. The thought of it failing. I don’t take failure very well. But then I suppose we all have to take that chance at some point.” It was why her business was what it was. She never pushed beyond what she knew and understood. “Maybe that’s also why my business has stayed the same all these years. I don’t venture into what I don’t understand.” A shrug.

“I’m glad to hear that. While there are those who only have one purpose in life, there are those who are more important then their position.” Twist happened to be one who was very important.

A smirk graced her lips, “I never took you for the shrinking violet type.” Not that Daeva. “I would welcome it, especially from you. Not many seem willing to speak to me on such matters, be open and honest. But from you, I would take the words to heart so to speak.” A smirk, it was still in there somewhere. Dead, but there. “So I thank you for that.” Everyone needed to hear when they were fucking up.

A solemn nod, “Isn’t that the truth. I’ve found that mostly last year, it was like I was speaking a foreign language. Whatever was said was warped in some way to either make me look bad, or suit the other person. Cazzate complete ed assolute se me lo chiedi.” A hand waved dismissively, “I’m tired of it to say the least. Maybe I should just always speak Italian.” There was a sly smirk and a wink.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist looked at Alessandra with an almost patiently amused look. "You think to little of yourself," she said with a wry smile. "You may tread cautiously, but fear of failure has not stopped you from doing something new." Spreading her hands to encompass the room, her eyes taking in the entirety of the office, of the Office she looked back to Ale.

Then holding up her hands, as though to apologize for her air of familiarity, she added "Though I suppose how you run the city may be different than your businesses" her tone still somewhat easy though. Aside from knowing vaguely about what Ale did with her outside business Twist didn't actually run in her circles to know first hand what type of Boss she was.

A serious nod, "Of course."

Twist laughed, the sound filling the office for a moment, "Ah- I would not mind, but it may make your job slightly more tricky. Does your Herald speak Italian?" she asked with a mischievous sparkle.

She remembered teaching another to speak her native language and wondered idly how this other Lord would take her lessons.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Perhaps. But I also know what I’m good at and tend to stay with that. Then there is the unknown of stepping into a legal business.” But the point was made and heard, signaled by a nod, “It certainly didn’t. Your confidence in me then, and now, helps.” She could admit that. Sometimes you needed to know someone believed in you.

“It is. And it’s has to be. What works with Kine don’t always work with Kindred. Though it has been an interesting learning experience. Something I’ve learned, is that with both worlds, others will try and take advantage if you appear too kind and approachable.” But it was a learning experience.

Smirking, “That is true, and it would mean having to repeat myself.” Not something she was too fond of. A thoughtful look, “Not that I know of.” Catching the sparkle, “Do I even want to ask?” she asks playfully with a chuckle.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist made a noise of agreement with Ale's words.

Her nose wrinkling, she laughed, her voice full of mock horror "And we can't have that."

A smile that was all Daeva and very little Invictus bloomed slowly. "I think it would be more enjoyable to make rather than discuss the past," she teased while avoiding the question.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage had to laugh as well, shaking her head, “No, that just would not do.” Why was it so easy to talk with Twist? She always felt comfortable enough to let her guard down and just enjoy the company. It was nice.

Either the Daeva was very good at being coy, or the Savage was completely out of touch.

“I suppose that would depend on if the past was worth repeating.” She replies, “Though I think I should take lessons from you on being coy.”

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist laughed again, "I would apologize for my Daeva nature but..." Twist shrugged, spreading her hands open, the gesture somehow made sensual by the petite Kindred and very clearly a statement that that was not something she would ever do.

Leaning forward toward Ale, her dark eyes fixed on the other woman's she grinned slowly. "But if you are interested in learning there are definitely much more," she paused meaningfully, "enjoyable things than how to be coy."

Head to a fade out on the scene?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale laughed as well, “That is nothing to ever apologize for.” She found the Daeva quite enjoyable the way she was.

The grin was matched with a knowing smile as she held her hand out to her, “There certainly are.”

Fading out to black sounds good. Thanks for the scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread