Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Consilium: (2002) Blank State
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2002) Blank State

THREADID
Feb 1, 2020 : (2002) Formal Business Concilium
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

There is no privacy in the Awakened Nation, but at least the small room is private enough to offer them an illusion of luxury.
    The Obrimos Councilor enters first, followed by the Thyrsus. He goes for one of the chairs, offering the Shaman the other.
    "So, what do you wish to talk me about?"

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

A seat taken, a quick settling in of-sorts, and he speaks.

"I do not presume that either one of use will see eye to eye on the workings of the Truth and what hints of it might be hidden within the Lie. Our views, our perspectives are very different, but I have a great deal of respect for you. There has been a lot of talk of cabals of late, and I've been musing about the idea. What group of people would be willing to have a Spiritually focused Shaman, with my fantastical ideas and unusual approach. I'm self-aware enough to know, that having a second world that I'm nearly constantly interacting with, seeing, listening too, and experiencing has caused me to be somewhat different, even among Awakened society. Then I thought, maybe my difference is a gift, or could be. Perhaps, I do have something to offer, an unusual approach, a different point of view, a different way to look at the puzzles that constantly present themselves to us. That's very long winded speech is to say, I'd like to work with you."

The Doctor sits back, crossing one leg over the other, face completely impassive, a well practiced mask from years of delivering bad news and good news with clinical detachment.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

3. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Almost 2 years of failed courtship of his late wife - bless her soul - have left him with in-depth knowledge of the bitter chalice of rejection. He wasn't the most diplomatic folk, but he could certainly explain a deal.
    "Doctor, while I appreciate the offer. I'm obliged to refuse", he shifts on his seat, "You see, the foundation of a cabal rests upon a set of mutual obligations. Chief among them, trust. It's a vow that one shouldn't take lightly. I have, however, committed myself to my Order's mission, and while right now there might be a sense of mutual respect between us, different circumstances might arise. Our different affiliations will inevitably clash. In that case, the prerogatives of my Order will undoubtedly take precedence over my personal ties, an unfair conflict for both parties that if possible I'd rather avoid from the get-go", he didn't know whether to be offended or flattered. A Libertine trying to cabal up with him. What were they plotting?
    Or maybe he was misunderstanding the situation, after all the Doctor had mentioned working together, he really had no objection to that. "Though, it doesn't mean we can't work together. There's a lot to do, your different point of view brings a lot to the table"

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

A slow nod buys him some time to chose his words, this was expected.

"I understand, I believe that knowledge should be shared, which is fundamentally contradictory to your order's desire to keep information secret. I had hoped to learn how to temper that impulse so I could uncover secrets and discoveries and share the knowledge responsibly once it's fully understood. My behavior last month for example, was based upon my research of how ancient humans have attempted to overcome the Lie. I thought I'd made a discovery worth sharing, and acted in a way that is social unacceptable in my enthusiasm. The chastising I received and the way I continue to be judged by peers has shown me that a lesson in temperance is needed. You are the most tempered soul in Sacramento, so of course I sought you out. I accept your refusal in the gracious and polite manner it is offered."

Anima stands, starting to gesture toward the door for Winter but pauses, "I would like to work with you, sir. I have a mirror in my possession I'm studying, it is surrounded by Death. I'd like your recommendations on someone to seek assistance from."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

There was a basic misunderstanding that he needed to address, perhaps it would improve relationship between his Order and... whatever the Free Council was.
    "The Japaneses have a word for it, Kaizen. It means continuous improvement. Your order might believe knowledge must be free, but in a country where money falls off trees, no fortune is truly earned. On the other hand we believe in continuous improvement, enlightenment is an ongoing process that must be renewed day after day. Kaizen, that's it", he pushes his hands together, "And just like the locked medicine cabinet in your hospital, we believe some stuff better be kept under lock and key, for the good of the patient", except their patient was the world, "you had to wait years of college, medical school and residency before you could operate your first patient on your own"
    "But I appreciate the compliment, and I'll gladly offer my ear in case you ever need advice, for what it's worth", he gets up, slowly walking toward the door, "I'll examine the mirror. Though, as far as I know, the Hierarch is likely the only person with an in-depth knowledge of the intricacies of the afterlife", he waves at the door, inviting the Shaman to go first. "After you"

We can rejoin the main thread, if there isn't anything else to discuss

7. Likes Mark liked this post
    Bump Mark "Bump" this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"The metaphor was a good one, albeit a bit skewed. Knowledge is indeed something earned, but I had professors and books teach me all they knew before I could operate. The knowledge gained I could then act.If your order believes in a system of teaching and sharing knowledge so someone is properly educated and versed before they attempted dangerous feats... then perhaps we're not so different."

He follows the Guardian to the door, pausing at his offer, "Thank you for both your time and your knowledge, I'll invite you and the Hierarch to meet with me for tea and we can all take a look together."

He takes a pause before exiting, putting on his mask of calm, clinical detachment. "Once more into the breach my friend."​ And he exits.
    Con Spells Cloaked

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Scene closed