Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2003) Fate Leads to Sacramento

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(2002) Blank State
Feb 2, 2020 - Feb 2, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

The day was typical for Sacramento in the days leading to Spring. It was cloudy, with some rain, and people were plodding along their normal routes. Plain in it's way.

None noticed the young woman walking along the face, but Tyche hadn't dressed to stand out. She wanted to blend and walked in silence all the way until she found her way to the Circle.

Slipping within, she paused and looked to the architecture as she got a sense of her surroundings. The Acanthus was... impressed that the slim membership of Sacramento had managed to retain a grip on it's holdings and word still spoke of the persistence of the Guardians despite the city's reputation of fluctuation. It is for these Guardians that Tyche had come. Fluctuation often went hand in hand with unpredictability. That was not something those safeguarding the secrets of the Mysteries could afford.

Then, when she was ready, she cleared her throat.

"Hello?"

Probably should have called.

Called? Over an unsecured line. Yeah. Right.

This would have to do.

2. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

There's the sound of boots marching down the corridor and Phoenyx comes striding down, her leather trenchcoat billowing behind her. She is dressed in a scarlet gym top and free-flowing black pants, her hair tied up in a serious bun. She also has an underarm holster under her left arm.

She approaches the unknown person entering the Circle and watches her carefully with an assessing look. "Hello. Can I help you?" Her tone is formal, but not unfriendly.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Shodan

There is a Shodan-shaped figure, hastily emerging from the Free Council's chambers. He is, however, too absorbed by his phone to notice the two women until he's just a few steps away from bumping into them.

"Oh" He says, lifting his gaze from the display "Hi, you two"

His T-shirt says 'I'm not lazy, just overflowing with potential energy'

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

A new book fresh off the shelf and a new face to join the Awakened menagerie. The book found itself in Abacus coat pocket as the new face drew closer as he made his way into the Circle proper.

He took notice of the more familiar faces, nodding to each of them.

"Hey." It was nothing more than a greeting. The gears would begin their whirring but no questions would come. Not yet.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche herself is dressed business casual, her hands in the pockets of her gray peacoat. A white blouse could be glimpsed beneath. Legs were covered in a pair of black slacks and her feet bore two gray flats. Tyche's hair hung loose and straight.

Pheonyx's assessment would find a smirk on the newcomers lips and Tyche took her hands out of her pockets, showing the Arrow her palms.

"Right to business? I like that,"
    she offers, "I'm Tyche."

However, before Tyche was able to offer more others began to show up.

"'ey, bud," she said, matching the casual nature of Shodan's tone. A North Central Midwest accent trickles into the statement lightly.

To the silent man, a brow perked. Then the smirking magus gave him an acknowledging nod before shifting her attention back to the blunt Pheonyx.

"Like I was saying, I'm Tyche,"
    she said, pointing at herself for emphasis, "Enchanter and Emissary of the Guardians of the Veil out of Austin."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

There's not much he can offer in the form of greetings and pleasantries. So the Guardian is well meaning when he decides to step back inside the Guardians' wing after having stolen a sneak peek at whoever was causing the sudden commotion.
    However he hears a few magical words, and he just has to wonder about this new girl and her public admission of guilt. Like kids acknowledging they have cooties.
    His gaze falls on the girl, as if he was a botanist studying a new sample. Accent and words didn't match, what else?
    "Welcome", he says, stepping from the shadows.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow's eyes glance over towards Shodan. "Have you both met?" she asks lightly. Abacus is given a polite nod.

"I believe in being direct,. It avoids complications," Phoenyx says with a small smile. "Tyche," she says the word carefully, as if tasting it. "I am Phoenyx, of the Path of the Mighty and First Talon of the Adamantine Arrow."

The Obrimos Councillor is given a respectful nod as he emerges from the shadows. "Fortunately is seems that others of both your callings are present," the Arrow offers. "The Councillor of your Path and a member of your order," she adds, gesturing to Abacus and Winter respectively, by way of introduction.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Stray liked this post
    S
    Shodan

A nod of welcome is offered to Abacus and Winter, but before he can engage Tyche further, Phoenyx asks her question, to which he shrugs, smiles and says "We have now".

With that cleared up, he can continue on with the introductions "Shodan. Obrimos Libertine. No cool titles, I'm afraid, but I don't really do titles anyway" Because do you know what hierarchy does? Of course you do "Speaking of those, you said you are an... Emissary? Like a diplomat?" He catches himself in time to not say 'letter-carrier'. That's what an Emissary amounted to in the FC, anyway. A messenger with slightly more responsibility.

But what could Austin possibly want with Sacramento?

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

While it was comforting to meet another who walked the Path of Thistle, it was paradoxically chilling to find out it was another Guardian. He simply waved when referring to himself.

“Abacus. Savant of the Mysterium and as Fate would have it…no longer the only Enchanter.”

Now came the questions. Emissary on behalf of whom? He wondered if Phoenyx suspected a Trojan Horse. It certainly crossed his mind.

"Did something push you out of Austin or pull you into California?"

Acanthus | Mysterium |

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the question of her knowing the Shodan, Tyche simply shook her head.

"Nope, not at all," she others plainly.

The Arrow's later comment regarding her directness caused Tyche's smirk to tug to a true smile.

I like this one.

"We'll get along then, I'm sure,"
    she says, "Good to meet you, Pheonyx."

Then Shodan introduced himself properly. Well... as properly as the situation demanded anyway. For now.

"A member of the Free Council? Interesting..."
    she mused, "Are there many of you?"

Tgen he had asked his own question.

"Bingo,"
    she said, "Though it's a bit different. Think of me like a liaison."

There was more to it than that, but those outside of the Guardians didn't need to know about the intricacies of her role. Besides, whether or not she retained it was dependent on the needs of Guardians here in Sacramento. She had heard adaptability would be necessary.

As Pheonyx gestured to the other two Tyche's brows perked up as a glimmer of bemusement hit her eyes.

"That's... unexpected, but entirely welcome,"
    she admits with a smile.

Beats running around the whole damn Circle.

Abacus' introductions is acknowledged with a nod and his affiliation was noted.

"Just orders, Councilor Abacus,"
    she says, "Austin is fairing well. A review of our resources birthed the suggestion that I offer my assistance to my compatriots here in Sacramento."

In terms of specifics, she wouldn't say. It was tight-lipped, but the Guardians rarely discussed the finer points of their work with outsiders. Turning her attention to Winter, she'd approach and extend her hand.

"A pleasure, sir,"
    Tyche said, "When it's convenient to the order, I'd like to meet. Get the lay of the land."

Her head turning back to Abacus, the smile remained.

"Pending my Recognition, of course,"
    she said, "I am willing to discuss my establishment here in whatever matter to which the Consilium is accustomed. Within reason, naturally."

14. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread