DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"A puzzle. A conundrum. An enigma."

He wanted a Mystery to ponder.

"I'm looking for a problem. Nothing particular. Just something that needs doing."

Nothing specific. Just a case. Any case would do. For Arcadia's sake, the man was a damned Councilor. Surely, they had minutes. Agendas. Things to keep pace with, to notate, to monitor.

"Not for mine. Not for yours. Ours."
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Tomorrow buy the Sacbee, you'll find plenty of crosswords to amuse you", half of the members of this Consilium were like this guy, no wonder he got to be Councilor. But it wasn't a game, war wasn't a sport for bored amateurs.
    "I don't need a lackey. If you need to keep busy, may I suggest fishing? The Church needs another hand of paint too, plenty to keep you occupied for a few days"

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

He didn't understand. How could he? An Aether-stained mind was blind to possibility, to potential. Abacus hated the hiding, he grew tired of the loose euphemisms. He wanted a real conversation. But those words would have to wait.

He may be obsessed, but he wasn't impatient. Far from it.

Smile. Walk away. Wait.

"Thanks for the recommendation, man. I appreciate it. I guess I'll see you at the office."

Abacus turned to depart. This was both a waste of his time and a learning opportunity. If he was any younger, he'd have failed to see the lesson. Secrets have to be scoured. Torn. Sought after with acute precision. The Enchanter needed to buy his time. Observe. Record. Run the numbers.

Calculated risks. No exceptions.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He collects the ball from the floor, "That's certain", breathe, aim, shoot.
    Another one, must have been his lucky day. He smirks.
    "Perhaps even sooner", he says absent mindedly as the sound of a bouncing ball echoes through the empty court.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-01 13:59:08 Winter rolls 6 to Shooting hoops (10 Again) 8, 4, 9, 2, 8, 7 3 successes

Thanks for the scene

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

No problem. I had fun!
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Closed