Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable giggled at the text. She was probably a bit much for Jack to handle. He was much more uptight then she was, it probably drove him crazy and not in a good way. Oh well, she was who she was and she wasn't ashamed of it. She would work hard to help in anyway she could.

She slipped into a winter white dress, brown boots and pulled her hair up. She felt so sophisticated.

She added some perfume, a hand bag, sun glasses and decided to go without jewelry. She fed the cats and sat down reading while she waited for Jack.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque drove up the road leading to the crone farm. His gaze was idle, following the curves of the road as he contemplated the topics of the evening. There had been arguments, prodding, escalations and retaliations on both sides. It needed to be resolved and it was overdue.

Upon his arrival, he stepped out of the car and tugged at the corners of his vest to straighten it out. He wore his leather overcoat, the same one as when the Crone hosted court at their temple. He rapped on the door and waited for a response or signal to enter.

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable walked over to the door making sure the house did look tidy. The cats were put down stairs so as not to disturb Jack. She opened the door, thank goodness Jack had the mask. It just made greetings easier for her.

"Good evening, Please come in." Her voice was cheerful and welcoming. Her smile warm. She indicated the living room area. "Have a seat."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque returned the smile, a forced gesture to conceal the raw pleas of the beast within. Accepting the invitation, he entered into the living room and made himself comfortable in one of the chairs. "Thank you Keeper, I hope the evening finds you well?"

His eyes lingered throughout the room, taking in its features as he participates in the initial small talk before softly transitioning to the point of the visit, "So, you've known the conversation was inevitable for quite a while. Have you indulged in reflecting on your words and actions in that time?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked blackly at him for a moment as she tried to decipher what he was talking about. What conversation was inevitable? Was he still harping on something from the past? At a loss for what he meant she took a stab at it. "Which words and actions are you talking about? Obviously I have no idea what you are talking about so I haven't reflected on anything. I am more than willing to work out whatever the issue is."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh?" An honest reaction to Mable pleading complete ignorance. "Prince Alessandra had wanted us to meet so that we could reconcile our differences and work more effectively together as officers of Her court. I have given much thought upon the Laws and what Her will would be, as well as the circumstances that led up to our public quarrel and what occurred afterwards."

Jacque shifts in his chair, "My only source of frustration about the matter had been when you chose to misrepresent my discrete recommendation as a bribe and announcing it as such to the whole court." He shrugged his shoulders, "The rest of that night I can reasonably understand. You were pinched in a position between your duties and your family. You chose a position to maintain strong support of your Priscus and Whip. I couldn't say I wouldn't hope for the same and that particular behavior is not for me to judge."

"But then," His eyes narrowed on Mable, "I was surprised to be told by your former Priscus that you, your whip and him were ready to collectively end me." He paused to see if that refreshed her memory. He wouldn't imagine that she'd make such a decision so lightly.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded, "I see. I thought we had moved beyond the misunderstandings and had decided to work together and get to know each other better so we could avoid any communication issues."

"As to any communications between my clan members, well that is between clan members and I would rather not comment." There was no way she would give credence as to anything spoken of or not spoken of behind closed clan doors. "I hope you can accept that. If not, I can at least tell you I don't want to end you."

"So how would you like to proceed? As I thought it was all water under the bridge I guess the ball is in your court." OK way too many cliche's time to watch a bit less late night TV.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

His arm sweeps out casually, "Civility is always something I try to maintain, regardless of whatever else is going on." He smiles, "Though, you might have noticed that my pride tends to... interfere with that from time to time." Some just loved to find and push his buttons.

"I would love to agree with your perception of reality, but frankly I haven't seen a good faith effort on your part. I asked for you to publicly correct your accusation of bribery and you have not. We communicated to the Prince that we should meet so we could sort out an agreement to put this behind us and instead you had your Priscus deliver a threat on your behalf." Shaking his head, "Obviously, I wouldn't be here if I felt you were as unreasonable and ill-mannered as your former Whip. I'd simply tell you to fuck off and I'd keep my distance."

He chuckled quietly, "You unfortunately can not hide behind the guise of clan secrets when it was your former Priscus that delivered your threat. This isn't some rumor I'm trying to confirm with you, the secret is out."

He shrugs his shoulders, "I understand that you perhaps feel like I'm entrapping you into some kind of admission of guilt, but frankly if I wanted to tear you down it would probably be as simple as asking your current Priscus if those threats are still real among your clan." He gently leans forward, "Hopefully that revelation shows that I'm here in good faith to reconcile our differences, perhaps form a partnership and not to treat you like the doormat you've grown accustomed to being."

Gesturing his hand towards Mable, "So, do you still want to pussyfoot away from the details or do you want to show a little spine so we can sort out our shit in full?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a smile. She truly felt that he wanted to move forward. Perhaps his pride that he admitted to kept him from doing so. However, he shared in good faith and she would too.

"Seriously, I have no idea what the former Priscus said or didn't say to you. The current one is the Prince herself. I am sure she will confirm I have not said anything of the sort to her. Though I am sure you would get a discord on the former priscus in question and his questionable behaviors. That was a huge mistake on my part handing over the power to him. One I regret very much. I did so in part because I knew I was out classed socially by people like yourself. And I though he could do the social stuff better. As inept as I may be, it was better then someone who was manipulative and twisted the truth."

Mable wasn't smiling by the end of her words. "I do regret anything that may have come about with the former priscus. I can be quite a deadly lady and if I really wanted you ended I would have done so. You are not ended, I have worked with you without issues and would like to move forward from anything the former priscus may have said."

Mable played absent mindedly with a pillow tassel. "I thought I had corrected the accusation of bribery. I had explained why I thought it could have been bribery." She sighed. "Who do you need me to tell that there was no bribery? The Prince understands what happened. Many of the others involved are gone. If I make a public announcement now of it then it would just reinvigorate the rumor mill. However, I would speak to any individuals still concerned in person and explain how I misconstrued the incident."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque chuckled, "I don't really doubt that she was uninformed in the matter. Being told of such a threat to one of her officers wouldn't have ended well for any of you. Surely you realize that?" His eyes narrowed on Mable, "But, your responses have been curious... first denying to comment and now denying involvement. You're telling me that your former Priscus acted completely independent of his pack and you were wholly unaware that he was going to relay a threat on your behalf to intimidate me?"

Her subtle confirmation of her power came to no surprise to Jacque, "I'm aware. It doesn't take a genius to tell I'm not terribly equipped for physical situations but I do try to place myself where such an assault would come at great cost for the aggressor." He smiled plainly, "There's nowhere in this world you could hide from the storm of retaliation. As annoying as I might be to some..." he shrugged his shoulders, "Only an idiot or freshly embraced would give up their own life for my minor political inconveniences. We are eternal. In the blink of an eye, a single quarrel is just a drop in the ocean."

His head tilted in consideration of Mable's concerns, "That's a fair point. You could mention something generic perhaps..." his finger slid across his cheek as he contemplated the verbiage, "We may have had our disagreements in the past but I've come to realize that I judged his intentions hastily. Herald Jack's integrity is truly impeccable, so on and so forth..." His hand signals to Mable to see what she thinks, "Specific enough to address all who are privy and vague enough to allow you to decline elaborating on what is 'water under the bridge'."

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread