Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman returns the smile, “There was a small time of adjustment. But I think that comes with any new spell we have. And I haven’t gotten anyone killed on my watch, so I figure that’s a bonus too.” A slight smirk and laugh.

“Flaws are important to try and overcome. But they don’t make us less as people. Everyone has them, I just find my funny. Perfection is only an illusion, no one is perfect. When you can embrace that about yourself, you’ll discover who you really are and not who you think you are. Always work to improve, but don’t get caught up in them.”
    She shakes her head and the shrugs, “I wouldn’t say you are bad per say, but you are rather blunt and some can take that wrong. And yah, well, drinking makes everything easier! Lowers the inhibitions. Though you never struck me as someone who drinks.” Learn something new every day it seemed.

“But a neat trick with Life? It can remove the alcohol from your system, really cool if I need to sober up real fast.”

2. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow smiles. "I know that very well. You kept me alive that way. It is one reason I trust you. Fighting together - whatever role is takes - quickly builds bonds of trust and respect. Whatever personal feelings there are, those can often be far more reliable."

The Arrow turns, pauses, and then sits on one of the barracks beds, swinging her legs up beneath her, looking up at the taller woman. "Some philosophers believe that although perfection is not possible, we should still strive towards it in all things. I think this is more useful, because it drives us to be better." The head cocks. "Blunt? I just try to tell people the facts so things are not confused. But then feelings happen." They were definately confusing.

Her cheeks tinge pink. "I... don't. Not really. But the times I have it was really easy to talk. Some times I couldn't stop. Then I got upset talking about Kaze. That happened with October. She was here for a while before you came back - she... had to take me home... "she admits shily, smiling. "And talking with Morgan was harder because I didn't know she was Awakened at the time so had to be careful."

The Arrow nods. "I know that spell. I try not to use it... I think I needed to know that drinking that much had consequences." She lowers her voice and leans in a little. "But when I was... it was like I wasn't on duty at all! I felt rebellious. And horny. Is that normal? I didn't ask anyone before but you won't tell anyone." The words tumble quickly, as if she's asking some kind of secret.

last few days - we probably want to start wrapping up.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“There’s nothing wrong with wanting to strive for it. So long as one understands it’s not possible. And that the pursuit of it is going to doom you to be unhappy and depressed. Sure, you can get the perfect grade on a test, but life itself is imperfect. Pursuing the idea of perfection is a way to try and hide their insecurities. A way of saying one is not perfect as they already are. So just be careful and know you are perfect to those around you.” Chasing perfection ended badly. A chuckle, “Yeah, blunt. There is a way to tell people the truth in a way that won’t come across wrong. It’s all in how you word it, and the tone of your voice.” A shake of her head as she laughed, “Feelings happen because some people take the truth wrong, take it as a personal attack on themselves. So again, it’s learning the fine art of telling the truth and not looking like a bitch.” It was possible, just took time.

The Shaman sits on the opposite bunk, nodding, “Drinking does that alright. I’ve gotten myself into trouble more than once from that.” She confesses. October? Another mage? “Well, if you were able to be drunk and used coded words, then props to you! I think I would fail horribly at that.” Yeah, probably.

“Ah. Well, there will come a point when you’ll be thankful you know it.” She’d used it. A few times. Ok, many times. Blue eyes widen in surprise, then she laughs, “That’s normal, and no, I won’t tell anyone. But yah, I don’t know, like, the science behind it, but it’s totally a thing. Might be because drinking lowers inhibitions. Or something else.” Though now she was curious as to the science behind it. “Rebellious?” wow. “You know, it’s ok to let your hair down and have fun. You don’t always have to be on duty to be a great Arrow. Everyone deserves nights off to just enjoy life.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I know that. I'm not stupid," Phoenyx says defensively, then she looks down. "... Kaze would say that. He said I was perfect." She shrugs. "I'm not trying to be a bitch. I just tell people things.".

The Arrow shakes her head. "Oh, no. I just avoided talking about things." She smiles. "It was quite hard."

The Arrow nods, she knew Aurora would understand. "Well... I have to be an example. To everyone. But it did feel nice to not think about that pressure for a day." She smiles again shyly.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde simply looks at the Arrow, “Because to him, you are perfect.” That was obvious. “Which is great, people need to hear things. But there’s a way to do it without sounding like a bitch. I don’t think you’re trying to be a bitch, but some might. Which could make them defensive, and lead to a whole mess. But I can tell you’re working on it.” And that was all she could do.

“I imagine it was hard. Again, I’d fail. It’d be bad.”
    A shake of her head, but a smile still on her face.

“You can have fun and still be an example. Knowing you’ve been drunk doesn’t make me think any less of you. And seeing you drunk wouldn’t change that either. Everyone deserves nights off, it’s good for you.” She tries to reassure her. “It’s about finding a healthy balance, and eventually, you’ll get there.” She would just need to be ok with taking a night off. This would take some work.

“I probably should head back to my hotel and get my stuff. Well, the stuff that’s not in storage.” Mostly clothes and work stuffs. “Want me to pick up anything on my way back? I’m kinda hungry.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx blushes, and goes quiet. Perfect? But she had so much to learn, to become.

The Arrow looks up. "Are you sure? If I couldn't do my job... there's no-one else." She says softly.

"Um... we could have dinner, if you like?" She asks shyly. "Do you need any help?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod as she looks at the Arrow, “Yeah I’m sure. Just because you are the only Arrow does not mean you don’t get to have a night off. You are not responsible twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week for your job. Even doctors and cops get days off because expecting someone to always be on call and on duty is not healthy. So you taking an evening to just have fun is not a bad thing. And if anyone gives you shit for it, have them call me.” Because it was not right to expect someone to always be on duty.

“Sure! Dinner is always more enjoyable with someone else.”
    Give her a chance to get to know the Arrow more. “I don’t have much at the hotel, but I’ll always welcome the company.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

That idea seemed utterly strange, but incredibly appealing. The Arrow smiled slightly, and nods.

"Alright. We can move things and see what we want." Phonyx grabs her coat.

Close up there?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Good place to close! Thanks for a fun and great scene!

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread