Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2001) Warlock Welcoming

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 2, 2020 : (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    P
    Papilio

Papilio had yet to really interacted with the other Warlocks of the city, and was unaware of the direction the Sacramento path should be heading towards- if there even was one. From what he'd seen so far, there was no de-facto Councillor.

Perhaps that should change? Papilio hadn't really considered himself for such a position, but if things went down that path it might be necessary. Whatever the case, it would be good to meet with those other members and discuss things more closely.

A date was set- some simple foodstuffs set aside, and a blank medical file ready for filling... Should they agree to such a thing.

Xander
    Pixel

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pixel needed a sanctum. Like, now.

The down side to living with sleepers on college owned property is the total lack of privacy. And hey, you know what you need for monthly rituals? Apparently a cabal. When he slipped his daily spells in this morning he flubbed his sight and it had been bugging him all day. Wouldn't need to deal with that if he did some rituals, but he didn't have any time to chant magic wizard words inconspicuously. So yeah.

Anyway.

Pixel made his way over to the Mystogogue, both golden glyphs clear as day finally.

"Hey man." He does his best to smile and wave before he notices the food. His eyes go wide and he points to the goods. "Is that to share? Because I'm starving."

Mind sight and Space armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-19 17:24:42 Pixel rolls 4 to Imp Third Eye (Gno+Mind+HS-Advanced Prolong-Retry) (10 Again) 2, 10, 9, 2, 7 2 successes
    2020-01-19 17:24:23 Pixel rolls 5 to Imp Untouchable (Gno+Space+HS-AdvancedProlong) (10 Again) 5, 9, 7, 5, 3 1 success
    2020-01-19 17:24:07 Pixel rolls 1 to Imp Untouchable (Gno+Space+HS-AdvancedProlong) (10 Again) 2 failure
    2020-01-19 17:23:50 Pixel rolls 5 to Imp Third Eye (Gno+Mind+HS-Advanced Prolong) (10 Again) 2, 6, 3, 6, 7 failure

3. Likes , Yumyumcrow, West liked this post
    P
    Papilio

Only one person appeared to show up. Were their numbers so few?...

No matter. "Ah- yes. By all means, have as much as you wish." A smile as Papilio gathered his own little plate. "I was hoping we'd get to know one another, and discuss certain matters. I was also wondering if you had any prospects for the future." The Mastigos wanted to get a feel for everyone.

Thus far he'd avoided using his magic to observe others, but it could prove a useful tool in gauging other members. With Pixel's permission, obviously.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As much as you like? Well that's one way to prevent leftovers. Careful what you tell a college student who lives off Ramen and oven baked pizza.

Pixel overloads a plate and takes a few quick bites as Papilio lays out his game plan.

"Okay." Fingers rub together and the plate is placed next to him on the table the food had come from. "Currently my only prospect is going to college to learn about visual art. Drawing was an escape for me growing up and I wanted to do it professionally. I came here to Sacramento from Baltimore to study visual effects and other arts at the university."

He picks up some food stuffs and takes a bite before continuing.

"'Ow bout 'ou?"
    Nom. Nom. Nom. Swallow. "Why are you sticking around and do you want to be the professional babysitter?"

6. Likes liked this post
    P
    Papilio

Well. Perhaps it was for the best only one had shown up- at least their voracious nature wouldn't let all the food go to waste.

"You are involved in art? I was recently involved in a charity event- mostly comprising artists at the University level. Meant to draw in sponsors and reputable critics- if you would like, I could ah... Give you some names."

His fellow Warlock's mannerisms left quite a bit to improve. Still, the question of his being there was valid.

"I came here to help. It is that simple- I have wandered all around, assisting in matters magical and mundane where I go. I just decided to stay in Sacramento longer." Which brought them to the next inquiry.

"Ah- if you mean councilor. I would not reject such an appointment- though I cannot say what time will spark on the matter. And if I am to take on such a role, I would ask that you participate in an... Eh... Examination, of sorts? I would be using certain Arcana to better understand you. No manipulation involved in the process. Just cursory glances." If he was going to be in charge of monitoring this one, babysitting him and potentially being responsible for his actions, it might help to know how he'd act in certain situations. "Or, if you find that invasive, we could simply talk." Traditional methods could do just as well, and there were some things he was certainly unable to ascertain with magic.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'll take the names."

He chewed another bite as he wondered what exactly he could do with them. While Pixel liked to help people, meeting and talking with them was definitely not his strongest suit.

He continued to listen to the wanderer. It sounded like he would have some interesting stories, though he was being pretty vague. Not that Pixel was any more specific. Then the conversation moved on to Councilor. Beady eyes went wide at the mention of magical examination.

Wonderful.

"Definitely invasive. Stick to words please."

Was there an objection to Councilor Papilio? Not really. Pixel was happy to push that mess onto someone else, though less happy to be supernally probed. Either way though, Pixel would never be a factotum and he had plenty of paper work doing his general education credits at SacU.

Congrats Papilio! You're the least disinterested.

P
    Papilio

Papilio nodded and started to scribble some down, to hand to the young Mastigos at the end of their little meeting.

Pixel was certainly interesting- Papilio would enjoy learning more. Hence the questions, though he wasn't surprised the non-magical option was chosen.

[color="#FFA500"]"Ah, very well- the questions are relatively simple. If you do not wish to answer, just say so." A cleared throat.

"A few basic ones. Full name, age, birth date, any personal details you find worth sharing." Just general information.

"What would you say is your biggest temptation? What would you say is your most positive aspiration?" Everyone had their vices, and if a situation might cause Pixel to embrace his Papilio would prefer to know beforehand. And as per Virtues, if there were opportunities to satisfy them Papilio would be happy to direct others towards them.

"What Arcana do you favor the most? Are there any particular Arcana you wish to improve your capabilities in?" Another simple one, just to know their abilities.

"If you belong to an order, what made you choose that order? If you belong to a legacy, the same question." Certain ideals and philosophies could clash- while the Tamer knew the basics, if there was more to learn to avoid any tensions Papilio would rather know now.

"A perhaps more personal one. Did you experience any ah... Powerful variants of Trauma before your Awakening? Did you experience any after your Awakening?" There was a plethora of mental and physical conditions that could affect someone, and with as much stress as the average mage could be placed under Papilio wanted to know of any

"And finally, do you have any long-term goals in Sacramento?" Just a nice one to round out the questions.

Once complete, Papilio set down the clipboard. "If you wish for me to answer them as well, or if you have other questions, feel free to ask."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, I'm not giving you any of that."

The guy lost Pixel at full name because really, wasn't not giving this type of information Awakening 101?

"Pixel, not old, the past, nothing, and stuff stuff stuff." He shrugged leaving the plate untouched for the first time this evening. "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a stranger and I'm not looking for a shrink. I'm not voting for you as Councilor, I just don't want it enough to challenge you. That's something that can change, and something you need to remember about our relationship."

This right here is a lesson. That carefree awkward Pixel from Concilium? That's who Pixel wanted to be. But every Warlock had another side. A side that saw the darkness of the world and rose above it, standing triumphant over their past. It's what gave them their strong wills, at least in Pixel's case. What that really meant for him is that there would always be someone seeking to apply leverage here or pressure there, and as of January first there would always be someone to Scourge those opportunists. Heirarchy fosters the Lie, and the few given authority are there on the sufferance of those who allow them to be.

P
    Papilio

A simple nod- of course, that was all entirely understandable.

"That is fine." Besides, the fellow Warlock's response already said a little. And honest laugh- not mocking- at Pixel's statement about why he decided not to be Councillor "Hah! Indeed. Ah- just remember I took this position because no one else seemed interested." A shrug there as he simply wrote "N/A" on the piece of paper "I am hardly the optimal candidate- in honesty, I have not been here much longer than you- and I have a tendency to move." And his desires didn't necessarily involve a place in politics. The Tamer just thought such a role might serve as a way to help in his own goals.

A shrug there. "Anyways- if not that, is there anything in particular you want to discuss then?" Papers put away, hands clasped on the table. "You said visual effects and other arts, yes? We could talk about those." If nothing else, they might be able to bond over it.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"You'll do fine."

All smiles here. Would Papilio be a good Councilor? Who knows, but Pixel wanted it like he wanted a root canal.

"I think I'm good." Deft fingers begin stacking up a plate as high as they could. "I just wanted to sort out the Councilor thing before we start official business next month. Congrats Councilor Papilio!"

He smiles and waves, carefully picking up his plate as he made his way to the door.

"Enjoy your tenure!"

I actually wanted to get this into continuity before February 1st when we theoretically open the next concilium thread. Since I'm also sick I'm just going to bow out now that we have the main objective complete. Thanks for the scene!

13. Likes Hades_Roses, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.