Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctuary (2001) Shamans Circle
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2001) Shamans Circle

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 2, 2020 : (2001) Unofficial No Damn Business Mtg
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

In a rather foolish trusting gesture he's invited Aurora and Briar Rose to meet in his Garden. He debated hosting this meeting at the Circle's common grounds or the Free Council's assembly hall, but decided neither of those were truly conducive to a gathering of the Primal Wild.

The small, stone path from his front gate leads around the side of modern spanish home to a privacy fenced backyard. Ivy grows on arches along the way, different bushes, some exotic, some blossoming, line the walk. The path brings them to a metal fire pit set on a brick patio, reclaimed wood chairs surround it, the firewood crackles peacefully as the small fire puts out warmth on the brisk January evening. On a table homemade mason jars of kombucha, a tea kettle, some cups, and a selection of loose leaf teas.

Anima is deep in conversation with an orange tree.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She had always been used to meetings at the Circle. A safe and secure location, so she was a bit on edge. Both for the location, and for there being other Shaman’s. It’s been a while since there had been more than one. At least in her experience.

One thing that hasn’t changed? The energy drink she held in her hand as she approached. In leather pants with a long red leather coat, she paused, was he talking to a tree? And people thought she was crazy for breathing fire and swallowing swords.

Clearing her throat, “You know, it’s never a good sign if it talks back.”

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"Well," Briar Rose starts, as she follows in Madison fucking Cross Aurora, "Except if you'd casted something, and were making nice with the Spirit of, instead of talking at." But Briar Rose couldn't see any glyphs raised around Anima or his tree.

Unlike their first meeting, her face was clean, with thick layer of kohl around her eyes, trails flicked high to give a sharp cat eye look. Pink hair styled straight, fringe and longer pieces used to softly frame her face. A thick leather collar shackles her throat, with a d-ring securing two differently sized silver circles to lay flat against her throat.

She was wearing the same leather jacket, cleaner now, with a blank top underneath. Dark wash jeans, and nicely worn boots on her feet. A slice of while bisects her at an angle, the strap of her messenger bag.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Shaman gives the tree a final look before heading over to the two women. Along the way he scoops up a fallen orange from the ground and holds it up for them as he approaches. No spells are currently being cast, but the place resonates with energy.

"You see this, I asked that tree last month to increase it's fruit output in exchange for a more nutrient rich fertilizer and moving the ficus to the front yard. And while she's increased the number of fruits she's producing by 3%, the size of the fruit has decreased by 8%, resulting in a net loss of weekly fresh squeezed orange juice. She thought she was getting one over on me."

He looks back over to the tree, and shakes the fruit at it, "We had a deal!"

He motions towards the beverages he's placed out on the table. "Please help yourself as you wish. I'm so grateful you both could take the time to meet with me. I'd been the only Thyrsus in town for a while, it's so nice to have other Shamans in Sacramento. I'll never forget my arrival, the way the Hierarch looked at me and said, 'Anima. Welcome.' It seems that Sacramento is rapidly evolving past that way of operating, so if you have any questions about the Lex Magica or the Consilium Charter I will happily discuss them. Or if you had any questions as to the current situation of problems in Sacramento Aurora. I'm not sure how long you've been away, but there are a number of mysteries at our feet now."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile and wave were offered to the girl, “Do you prefer Briar Rose, Briar, Rose or something totally different?” she asks.

She could make a wise ass comment about the tree, but she really didn’t care.

Her can was held up, “Brought my own, but thank you.” Then a nod, “Been in that boat, not a whole lot of fun.” But you got used to it. Shaking her head, “Unless it’s changed since we rewrote it, I know it.” She was there, pent the time, drank the coffee.

Shrugging, “I don’t have a whole lot of questions right now.” The ones she had, she planned on asking others about. Others she knew and trusted. “Lets see, I helped breach, take out, and secure an artifact from a Seer Sanctum. So yah, less than a year.” But the reasons she left wouldn’t be shared here.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Could the tree even hear him, without the scent of active magic in the air? How aware was the tree?

"Thank you for asking," Briar Rose smiles, the question and it's politeness had one the blonde points. "Briar Rose please."

"Walk me through the Lex?" she asks, flicking a lock of her hair over her shoulder, "I'm assuming that the rumours I've heard about Sacramento are exaggerated and there's nothing....weird, sneaked into the Lex, and we're abiding by at least the Gold Laws. Is there anything new or weird added for the Sacramento charter?"

Shifting her weight, "You helped rewrite the Lex? How'd that go down?" comes her questions, "You're a Ladder?" she asks, maybe an assumption, but she was asking instead of making an ass outta u and me.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima nods, "It's rather standard with some Bronze laws based upon Consilium precedence that are worth a gander." He shrugs and helps himself to some kombucha, and waits to hear the answer to Rose's question.

"Do you have some valuable take-aways you could share from your experience with the Seer Sanctum?"
    Con Spells Cloaked

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a simple nod, “Then Briar Rose it is.” It was always good to check about those things. Some people were really specific.

Shrugging, “Nothing weird that I remember. And yes, we are abiding by the Gold Laws. I believe one main point we focused on was the Cabals and how they operate here in Sacramento. Mainly, the numbers. The numbers here are always changing, people coming and going, so for a Cabal to be recognized, the number was lowered from three to two. But they also, like larger ones, need to have a Sanctum established. Though that’s pretty basic. So nothing weird, unless that's weird.” A smirk and shrug. “Though I’m sure Anima can tell us if things have changed in it.” He’d been here long than she was back.

Shaking her head, “Used to be a Ladder, not anymore. I now count myself among the Mysterium. But it went well, the Hierarch was there as well, and it was more about simplifying the Lex, cause it’s rather large and has a lot of information.” Simple answer.

A nod, “The Lex is always worth looking over when you get the chance. Never hurts.” But she figured what they had was pretty standard.

She then appeared to get lost in thought at his question, her eyes a more gray than blue. After a few moments, she shakes her head, her voice a bit softer, “No. It wasn’t a pleasant time, all the Awakened who went in, came out. But,” a pause, sip of drink, “it’s not something I want to really talk about. We got the artifact, and survived, that’s all that really matters.” Her eyes shifting to look at her can. It wasn’t a pleasant memory, and wasn’t one she had come to terms with.

Swallowing, “But yah, uh, anyone wanna tell the group more about themselves or anything?” distraction!

10. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She nods, as expected.

Though, "I'll take a look, you're right, wouldn't hurt." because baby liked to skirt. "Simple is good. Like to hear simple, unlike Enchanters I can't just make up the time wasted by diving into dense legal documents and freaking out about All the Words."

A hum, "Used to be....why'd you switch? Liked the call of the library to much?" Briar Rose asks, she wraps her fringes through the hair and twists it up, and ties a knot with an elastic on her wrist. The rich black of coloured, inked skin can be seen as her jacket's sleeves moves up at the action.

Lowering her arms, "What's you're Order Anima? You a free bird like me?" Eyes down looking at the offerings provided and deciding against. She was very conscious over what she put into her body.

Ahh, that sounded like a giant red flag. Something gleaming Trauma like a beacon in the night, Briar Rose wondered what would happen if she dug her fingers in and pressed. (Okay the metaphor got away from her) But maybe not now, not when they didn't know each other. When they were closer, then it would be more gratifying.

"I recently dyed my hair pink." blithely said, allowing for an obvious change in topic.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The mad doctor pours himself a glass of kombucha tea and sweetens it with a bit of honey. "Well, a bit of information about me, is that I'm an active Libertine. I see potential in all human beings to preform miracles and hope that I'll find some link between the mundane and the awakened soul one day."

He takes a sip.

"You never know, what you might learn when you endeavor to seek more knowledge."
    Con Spells Cloaked

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread