Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

(Open) Warm Drinks
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Open) Warm Drinks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Being back in Sacramento meant getting familiar with the city again. Not that she had been gone all that long. But enough had changed to warrant her heading out. Plus, she could only stare at her hotel room walls for so long.

And heading out meant finding a quiet coffee shop or café to sit down at and just get lost in her thoughts. Or a book. Or look at the newspaper and find a new apartment. Or a mixture of all three. She’d figure it out when she got there.

The cafe was small, nestled between two buildings, and was fairly empty. So finding a table had been easy, coffee cup in hand, newspaper on the table, the Thyrsus absently sipped from her cup. A plate of French fries and gravy sat on the table as well.

Casual was the name of the game for her, in fitted black jeans with a white t-shirt, her leather jacket hanging off the back of the chair. Blonde hair was pulled back in a very messy low pony.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Books, books, books, as usual the one thing that brings the Shaman out of his work, study, practice, work, is the hunt for more books. He sits down in the cafe area with a stack of wildly different texts, from palm reading to the latest on scalp dermatology. His clothing is an obvious afterthought, grey sweatpants from The Gap, and a hoodie proudly proclaiming his love for the California Science Center; the most atrocious part of his ensemble are the bright green crocks on his feet with fuzzy green green socks.

He carefully sets his kombucha on a table before setting the books down beside it. Finally settled he offers the fellow Shaman a smile and a nod.

"Is that pountin?"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

S
    Shodan

Today, Shodan dons the mask of a Serious Person. Look, he even has a suit and all, with an actual, physical copy of the Sacramento Bee in his hand. The mage has a bag with his laptop in on one arm, because of course he does, and a MP4 player with earphones on. The Prime Mover was looking at a quiet, uneventful day but Fate, apparently, has other plans. He notices the glyphs before he sees faces, but both Anima with his snazzy outfit and Aurora... being Aurora are easy enough to recognize.

The Obrimos walks towards the two Shamans, putting the player in the bag. Somewhere along the way he grabbed a cup of cinnamon coffee and before you know it, he's right there in front of them.

"Hi Madison, hi doc!" And then, the dot-connecting kicks in "Uh, blink once if this is a quiet retreat thing and you'd like me to GTFO, blink twice if it's a business meeting I shouldn't be around for" In either case, he's ready to bounce. It's one thing to defy convention, it's completely another to be pointlessly indiscreet and alienating.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She’d heard of casual, but sweats take it to a whole new level. Like, not leaving the house level.

But, whatever.

The newspaper was closed, “No, just fries and gravy. I’m not a huge cheese person.” Not her thing. On pizza, yes. On her fries? Nope. Don’t mess with her fries. Eyeing the books, “Seems you’ve been busy. Anything good?” He was still an unknown to her. New face, shared a Path, but an unknown. So start with safe questions.

Well, can’t say Shodan didn’t put the flamboyant in flamboyant. Especially with that suit. Who was he trying to impress? Or was he trying to change his image?

Still, she’ll play along, “Hey yourself.” Then a shake of her head, “I don’t do business outside of the office.” i.e. the Circle. “Plus, don’t we all need time without business?” sure, she had business she needed to take care of, but not here. And not with these two. “So join us.” A foot pushes a chair out. “What are you up to?” *on the catwalk….on that cat walk* beings to play in her head.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Shodan

He looks relieved that this isn't a Shaman-only gathering. With Anima he's gotten together a couple of times over the last few months, but the Obrimos has had no opportunity to get to know Aurora, and she seemed like the kind of person you want on your side. Not least because she can turn your enemies into fish.

"That's what I was looking at, too" He says, taking the offered chair "A no-damn-business kind of day. I don't know if it's just me, but the office's architecture can get a little... overwhelming at times" Small wonder, you get the literal weight of space and stone, and the weight of history all in one package. The mage sets the coffee and the Bee on the table, revealing various articles in the 'Politics' section marked with a blue pen.

"I was hoping to catch up on current affairs, see if there are any waves to catch. The company can be so absorbing that we often forget there's life outside of it, and that it can affect us just as much as we can affect it" And the breadth and depth of how Sleepers can change the world is growing daily "You settling in okay? How was the trip?" Not that he expects her to tell him where she went or why, but maybe just a general impression?

Also bump Mark Anima

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

A shrug, "Always looking for inspiration to think outside of the box. Connections and hidden nuggets of truth that can only be found by approaching a problem in a non-traditional way. Science has brought us so far, yet it would be foolish to handcuff ourselves to only one train of thought if that train could still derail at any moment...
    Did you know Tokyo public transportation system, though being the largest in the world, is the most efficient?"

Something catches his eye and he reads several pages of The Art of Memory Forensics.

"A trip? Oh yes, you've been traveling haven't you? You travel for work correct?"
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, it can’t be all business all the time. That’s just stupid and I think would drive many of us over the edge. Need to have some down time to just have fun.” Without fun, what was there? Nodding, “It can. Especially when meetings have no sense of order and you feel like it’s a contest to see who can talk over who.” A light chuckle.

“That’s very true actually. I’ve seen some good people get so wrapped in the company that life outside it just implodes. And then, it seems to be like a domino effect.” Least that’s how it appeared at times. “Settling back in ok. Have to find a new apartment, but that’s ok.” Pointing to the newspaper on the table. “The trip?” a slight shrug, “It wasn’t what I needed or hoped it to be.” Hence, she was back here. “But thank you. And you? How’ve you been?”

Blue eyes move to her fellow Shaman. “Don’t we learn from the derails? If not, there would be no advances in anything.” The whole comment about Tokyo was ignored for the most part.

A shake of her head, “No, not for work.” She begins before taking a sip of her coffee, “I used to travel for work before essentially retiring from life on the road.” A fry was eaten, “This was more a personal thing.”

S
    Shodan

"Have shouting matches happened often in previous years? I haven't been here that long, but it's always been pretty ordered from what I've seen. Besides, the boss seems to have his ducks in a row" Ha had to give some grudging respect to the Mysterium as a whole for their amassed lore, and Campanella himself - although he was clearly a typical Diamond - kept things on the straight and narrow.

"I'm sorry to hear you didn't find what you were looking for. If I could help in any way you probably would've told me that already, but I'm still offering" Not that he knew what she needed, or could hope to provide it, but ability is beside the point here: it's the expression of intent that matters "As for myself... I've had my ups and downs, as is the nature of the market, but I keep telling myself that from my current position there's nowhere to go but up" Unless you count going six feet under, which was always a possibility in the course of a mage's 'work'. Shodan finds his head turning towards the other Shaman as he goes on about Japanese efficient transit system. One has to wonder just how much of the 'eccentric academic' persona was simply an act "I didn't know that, but if I had to guess I'd ascribe it to the devotion to detail. What I do know, however, is that you are either one of the most well-read people I have ever met, or you just make these factoids up as you go. Both respectable skills" And useful. Kasterborous kept talking all the time about things only he could see, at least Anima made his rants practical to other people, too.

"Well, in my experience" Shodan raises the coffee cup to drink a sip, looking back at Aurora "we don't get to learn from derails, for the simple reason that we are dead. It's just much more beneficial to apply new ways of thinking before the disaster occurs, because it's rare that it cannot be forseen" Another sip "We just tell ourselves that to put our collective conscience at ease" How easy it is to just refuse to take responsibility, to put all the strings in the hands of invisible gods or Fates.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Obrimos earns a smile at his observation. "I'll never tell...." he sings.

"But I do love to edit wikipedia articles when I'm bored."

He ponders Shodan's thoughts on new ways of thinking.

"That's something I've always found interesting about Buddhists. They are masters of meditation, but for all their enlightenment have failed to make real dent in global socio-economic politics."

He pulls out his phone and opens the stocks app.

"I'm waiting for the day that one becomes a billionaire from playing options day trading on the market, and then runs for president."
    Con Spells Cloaked

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A small chuckle, “Oh yeah, there’ve been a few. Before I left, I had been here for quite a few years. But, things, over the years, seem to be calming down. Though I’m sure you understand it, get many different personalities in one room and there are bound to a few raised voices.” A shrug, “Just how things go. And yes, he does. The job fits him and his personality, well, in my opinion.” She had a lot of respect for him.

Another sip of coffee, “That’s really nice of you, thank you.” She didn’t see herself telling him about what was bothering her. But the thought was nice. “Current position?” was he at the bottom? Or somewhere in the middle? “But that’s a good way to look at it. Keep working towards where you want to be. Not be one of those who gets comfortable where they are and go stagnant.” A shake of her head, “Not a good place to be. I was there for a while, it sucks.” True enough.

“Well, if we are talking a life or death situation, then yes. And sometimes, winging it in those situations don’t turn out well for anyone involved.” Sometimes you get fish. “But there are other situations, ones not as, critical, where you derail, is a learning experience. You get up, learn, and are better for it.” A fry was dipped in gravy and popped in her mouth.

“Maybe they don’t want to impact socio-economic politics?”
    she says, “I mean, not everyone likes or really cares about politics. Some are just happy doing their thing.” And, whatever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread