Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Challengers? Oh there had been some here and there. That had been removed through means of various legality.

Something Anatole said made her laugh, "Ever heard the sayin' ya have two bags holding luck and skill?" the Fairest asks him, "It goes ya can fill the second but not the first. So make sure ya do before the first is emptied." The blue elf snorts in annoyance, "And I keep tryin' ta do that."

She stares at the river, rubbing her chin "Ya know ya would think we should. Especially with California beaches stereotype," blue fingers make air quotes before she raises her hands in a shrug, "Wonder if Seraphina counts towards the Golden Coast." She fakes being thoughtful before shaking her head, "Nah. I'd say we're too close ta the Rockies but I ain't seen any mountain men, wolves, moose, or raccoons either."

Circe did have a theory for Sacramento being a no 'lings land that none wanted to claim. "I recall a story of Sacramento's Lost. One of Them attacked EVERYTHING in the Hedge here. Big dragon. He killed Freeholders, hobs, privateers," she smiled evilly, "And then this Freehold killed it. Before my time. Now I've dealt with some small timers that popped up after. None as bad as the Bay," she scowls at the word but refrains from spitting in her own car, "Had. As a businesswoman I've a theory fer our luck." The Fairest leans back in her chair, lazily turning her head to stare at Anatole, "Risk outweighs profit. Dragon destroyed a lot of shit. What's left ain't worth fighting dragon slayers fer. Not yet."

As for the borders elsewhere? The Summer Queen hummed in thought, black and red eyes narrowed. "East? Uh I think it is like around Sierra Oaks. I'd probably consider Highway 50 a good metric fer the Southern border. It ain't like we can draw a map and leave it some place without questions bein' asked," she sighs, "Sorry ta break it ta ya Anatole but knowledge is Autumn's shtick. I'm a Summer."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole chuckled and gave the blue Fairest a wry look.

"Ah but you can fill the first bag. When its given the proper incentive..."

Circe's further revelation's of the Freehold's recent past had the wizened Smith reeling for a minute. He stiffened. His eyes flickered. His jaw went slack.

"Well. Now. That is something..."

He took a gulp of coffee. Found the drink too warm and had to put it down. His hand trembled.

"Bay. I'll remember that...."

He winced.

"And a Dragon. I shall have to follow up on that tale with my Sovereign. Much to do. Maybe you're right - what a reputation to have!"

He barked a laugh at Circe's quip about knowledge being Autumn's purview. Anything to break the tension.

Dragon!

"Whats this about the Bay? You... from around there?" He added carefully.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughter at both how Anatole destroyed mortal wisdom and how he reacted to the Freehold's reputation. "Ha! That mundy sayin' don't apply so good ta us!"

Circe actually didn't know how the dragon was slain. "If he tell's ya how they did it, let me know. I ain't heard the details. Personally I'd have gone fer a bazooka, but they did is without so props ta the old guard," she gives a thumbs up.

The question about the Bay kills her her good mood, the smile dropping into a frown. "Yes." Was her blunt answer as she turns to look over the river, "It was a shit hole." After a pause she growls, "No. That under sells it." She grips the steering wheel as her knuckles, well they can't turn white because of the blue skin. "It was a toxic cesspit of a Freehold with Byzantine radioactive waste thrown in, maybe some mustard gas fer good measure if ya want the analogy ta match," Circe is glaring now though fortunately it is out at the landscape and not Anatole. "There aren't any good 'lings there. Not anymore."

They came here. Only to scatter. Or went to Vegas for safety, because nobody bet against Vegas.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole turned to follow Circe's gaze - back to the river and far away.

He attempted another - more careful - sip of his coffee and found that much better.

"Shit hole? Byzantine... Radioactive... Sounds like it must have been quite a place then. Good thing I got off the lam here then and not there."

He relaxed into an inquisitive silence as he mulled over his own thoughts. The Bay sounded quite like a place he would have enjoyed - before the Durance robbed him of everything. He doubted he'd be quite so sanguine now, with no resources to his name.

Silence descended and stayed.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

That topic had killed any good mood Circe had. She'd been very thorough burning trails and laying false ones to Brazil or Australia for anyone seeking her Rogues. As for Anatole's good fortune to not go there? "Yes."

Was all she said on his words. Circe wasn't looking to wax nostalgia upon old enemies slain or plans for making it so to any that followed her again. She'd rather find other topics. This was a tour right? Where should they go next? That was a good question. "Fanculo," as she restarts the engine. Diplomacy was overrated. Circe will just change the subject.

"Anatole!" the shout is not in anger, just loud.

She waits for him to respond before neutrally asking, "Any mundy places ya have an interst in seeing? Farmer markets, hospitals, extreme sports parks, budget theaters? Last couple might help ya harvest Fear. Did I forget ta show ya any place I mentioned?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Nothing can break a reverie like holding a warm cup of coffee when a car kicks into gear.

The dwarf grumbled, squirmed in his seat.

"Eh. Eh? Farmers markets! Hospitals! Maybe budget theatres? How the heck do they generate fear?"

He scowled suddenly, cradling his cup.

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

And Circe was now distracted. "Cosa?" He thought a farmers markets could generate fear? IT was for food! Where'd Anatole confuse that? And hospitals were, well actually.

"Um, okay. Weeell hospital the fear of surgery, is my loved one gonna live or die, that kind of thing. Theaters sometimes show scary movies so ya could go with that."
    Anatole should hear the confused tone of her voice as she talks. The car is driving East now.

"Farmers market was just in case ya wanted fresh food,"
    she shakes her head while looking at Anatole, "I thought that'd be obvious. I don't harvest rage from there, or the others. Usually I just sit beside traffic laughing at people ta harvest rage. Plus fun ta troll the mundies."

Coming up on 1 month mark. Anyplace Anatole wants to visit for the finale?

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"I do eat. And I much prefer proper food than the crap offered in the supermarket. Lets see this farmers market."

He hadn't survived the Durance to spend his life eating tasteless processed... stuff.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well that's fair," Circe nods, "I feel the same way fer coffee. Real stuff not soy. Though I am assumin' that desserts are an exception," horns blare as Circe weaves in and out of traffic, "Ta that supermarkets are bad thing." She frowns as she looks to Anatole while cutting off a Lyft, "Believe me ya really NEED some special tools ta make the nicer desserts." The engine revs as the Fairest drives her and Anatole to Sutter's Landing.

Then the Charger pulls a sharp turn to head them South. Eventually they are circling McKinley Park, where Circe looks to Anatole before pointing towards a open green area. "There. Well ya know," she chuckles before looking back to Anatole, "Not right now now, but this is the East side's Farmer's Market. Think it's just a weekend thing. There are like a couple dozen others across the city too, think all are only 1 day a week."

East Sacramento Farmer's Market was not impressive in the middle of the night when it had not been open during the day. It was just a lot of grass and paths. Might be good for kite flying but nothing special on its own.

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Good to know. I'll keep an eye and ear out."

The dwarf is rocking and rolling with the momentum of Circe's speeding car. He does not appear discomfited.

He ends up staring out over the vacant space of the farmer's market. In the end he simply sets his beady eye on the blue Fairest as if he expects something more from the Crimson Courtier. He doesn't, really. But he is damned if he is going to have the conversation look like it does because he has run out of things to say.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread