Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

To Circe's credit, a look at the burnt dwarf's face didn't phase her. "Figured that. Ya'd not be asking fer computer hacking if ya could do it yerself," she nods. As for the explanation of his escape that got a bark of laughter from Circe. "Props man! I could say I used a giant guillotine from an assembly line ta chop my chains but that'd be a lie. Smarter escape, but a lie."

As for where to find weapons that she was less helpful for. "Well one advantage ta going medieval, ya can just buy them," she concedes that, "Problem is finding a seller. Though," she hums in thought. Then says just shrugs, "Fanculo."

But interrupts whatever she is saying to point out a cafe with excellent pies. "Ya heard of folks makin' stuff from the Hedge. I'm figurin' that out. I won't know how ta make anything fancy, I prefer guns and armor really, but a machete ain't that hard ta make. I think. Is it?" It seemed a genuine question.

Anatole had said he was a smith. If a sharpened flat hunk of metal was harder to make then she thought he'd tell her, right? That it might be an issue for Anatole went unnoticed by the Fairest.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole snorted.

"With the right tools, equipment, and materials? Sure. I can knock you up a machete. Or something like it. Depends if you want a tool for hacking through the thorns or blade for cutting bodies."

An angry note entered his voice as he spoke.

"Or are we talking hedge crafting here too? Never really tried that but the principles are the same. Right tools and equipment. Right materials."

Now an element of hunger slipped into his voice as he thought about what materials the Hedge could yield.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Huh," Circe was actually surprised that there was a difference with machetes, "Didn't know there was a difference. Bein' used fer the Hedge, both probably is the answer."

Hedgecraft? Oh yes. "I inherited a forge from a friend that had ta skip town," that was a valid explanation. "I am gettin' the thing working," there was a hint of pride before she frowned and rapidly added, "After that mundy patch job almost cooked me," then back with a false smile, "Really would prefer a gun press but work with what ya got. Plus I ain't gonna destroy a friend's gift in case he comes back. Real problem I've found is getting materials," she breaks off in Italian curses shouted out the window as she has to break.

"Hunting is hard. Way I figure is if ya need parts ta match what ya want," she taps the steering wheel in impatience, "Ya want armor? Tree bark, tough hide, or something easy. Weapons? Ya hafta hunt down a Hedge Beast that wants ta eat ya," Circe snorts, "I'm a Summer but I don't fight stupid. Victory before honor is my motto."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

"Ha! I am there with you, sister!"

Anatole was glaring out into the street as well.

"Well. Right now I got now tools or gear of my own. But should I get some kit and materials, I guess we could have a look and see what we can up with."

A sigh escaped his voice.

"I could have a look at this forge of yours, too. Maybe venture into the Hedge together sometimes if you want to forage some."

He turned his gaze to Circe

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Before Circe can say anything she has to slam the brakes. Then leans on the car horn. Hard. There is a well dressed man stopped in the cross walk on his phone. It is a full minute of a chorus of horn honks before the man starts walking again. Circe was very tempted to ruin her fender, shouting exactly that in Italian.

Then back driving and looking to Anatole with a friendly smile, "Where were we? Ah hunting. Let me know when yer ready or if ya want ta borrow something. I had plans with the previous owner fer that too but," her tone sours as she leaves it unsaid. "Oh and, uh, normal cement don't work ta fix the forge. Not sure if its heat or Wyrd but totally don't work."

Given she'd bought a common variety it was possibly both.

Circe laughs before looking to Anatole, "Funny thing about hunting? I actually had a plan and preparations already. Folding shovels, a carpet, some wood stakes, Elmer Fudd hat, barbed wire prices." She sucks in a breath, "Yes avoid the wabbits. But then I lost my party, the hat, and the stakes. No idea why anybody'd take the stakes."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

"Thats because stakes are very versatile implements..."

A rictus of a grin flashed through the effusive beard as Anatole spoke.

"I should have something serviceable for Hedge work in a short while. Then maybe we can work out a date, and dive right in. Do we do that a lot here? Hedge diving. Exploration. Or whatever you call it. I know some freehold's are... less enthusiastic... about that sort of thing than others."

If what he had seen at the Coronation was any indication, there was barely a Freehold at all; and they seemed more interesting in talking shop and playing friends than questing into the deep green beyond for power, glory, or secrets.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Anatole got a giggle from Circe. She suspected one of her coworkers of doing it which made if funnier. Who would they sell stakes to?

As for Hedge diving, she didn't do that a lot. "Patrolling is kinda limited due ta low numbers. Troublesome looking plants are easy ta remove with molotovs," she explains regarding the Hedge exploration. "Abraham was the biggest patroller, I've been busy with, hmmm? Work promotions ya could say."

That was a nice way to put it. Sure some sought power in the Thorns to better defend themselves. Circe? She'd rather go with a assault rifle and grenade launcher. More reliable. "I'll hafta be pickin' up the slack. Just gotta get the patrol armor together. Sports good and kink shops should be fine fer that," Circe gives Anatole a mischevous smile at that. Cheap solutions with a hint of sexy thrown in, a very Summer Fairest solution. "Still mundy tools should help with the hunting. At least ta limit besties being able ta ambush us."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole raised an eyebrow but refrained from comment.

"That they will. Mundy tools are good for that kind of work. I think we will have to look into that - if the paths are left too long, they fade out. Or get infested. You know what I mean."

And if it meant a small Freehold confronting its own fears... so much the better.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe barks in laughter, "I know right? Why make up some magical vines ta stop something from charging ya when store bought wire will do just as well? Save the magic fer something special," and she left out the time saved. That was a little obvious

"Seen that," she admits regarding Trods vanishing, "Found a old car in one that was clear as day before getting overgrown and hidden. Even after I cleaned it off a few times," it wasn't a spot she frequented too often. Using it the unsecured Trod as a gun range too often was asking for an ambush. Unless they were prepared for that, which was a possibility. "Squatters ain't too hard ta bargain with," she scoffs, "Payment is another matter. Some of 'em ask fer strange stuff."

And lo and behold, there was no blaring of horns or breaking suddenly. And then they are at the American River's south bank.

Circe finds a side street with a view of the river to park at while Anatole gets to hear her talk. "And here is what kinda helps mark out borders. We claim a lil' bit on he opposite bank too but this river does good job of marking our borders fer North and West. Glad too, I don't fancy swimming Thorn side as part of patrols."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN
    Anatole Scenes

PRE

Smith

Anatole snorts as he listens.

When the Circe stops the car, the wizened relaxes. For a moment, it appears that all he will be doing is staring out over the river. Then he turned sharply on the Fairest, eyebrow lifted with an implicit question.

"So. The rivers around here form a boundary? Thats a lot of space for - pardon me - a small Freehold to claim. OK - thats your business and I don't know the full story just yet. And you've had no challengers for that? I'd say you're lucky. But is that the case or is there more going on here that I'm not being told about? And what about the southern and eastern borders of the Freehold - how far do they go?"

He barely paused before adding:

"Funny. I'd have thought you'd have more water kith given your rivers..."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread