Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Ok, “I’ll give you that. A lot of people suck at social situations. Rather it’s from honing their craft, or something else, its rare to see someone confident in both.” Enter Seraphina! Spring Queen and maker of coffee! “Now me? Throw me in any social situation and I will own the room.” But she was kind of designed for that. “Exactly! I spend time with friends in fields I would never excel at, but it is an escape and it’s fascinating at the same time. Maybe it’s why I love meeting people. Getting the chance to hear about their lives and jobs, and a little part of me wondering what it would be like to have that life. Kinda fun.” Passed the time.

Shaking her head, “Nope. But I wasn’t always as outspoken as I am now. Like you said, it’s something that can be outgrown and learned. Once you realize that not speaking up when someone offends you is like giving them all the power, you learn. And it’s been quite freeing actually.” Maybe that was just her. “But there is something to be said for knowing how to do it with class and tact. Makes you end up looking better in the long run.” And sometimes that really mattered. “But you don’t strike me as a shrinking violet either.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"You lack nothing in the confidence department, do you?" And yet, it was clearly more than hollow posturing. There was a certain elegance to Sarah that gave her words weight "But we do seem to have the desire to try out new things in common. There is this guy who holds meetings of a... occult debate club, sort of, on the university campus. I'm not the Crowley-ish sort, and it's crazy stuff mostly, but it's a good opportunity to hang around their library and it attracts a decent rogue's gallery. You may want to give it a go, if you're at all interested in this stuff" Even if you are utterly bored by things that go bump in the night, which you shouldn't be, a people person like Sarah might find it worthwhile to get to know all the weirdos there.

"Well, I have no issue with speaking up, it's the 'class and tact' part which needs some work" He freely admits to that shortcoming, even wears an honest smile while doing so. The past was in the past, it's the future that's worth looking forward to "And on that note, since you're clearly an expert at this stuff, maybe you wouldn't mind giving me a bit of advice: I recently got in a heated public argument with one of my friends, and most of my other friends were there to see it. Long story short, things happened that made everyone believe I was in the wrong. I can't do much about it, but if I wanted to... repair the bad taste in everyone's mouth, what would be a good way to do it?" Was Winter a 'friend'? Hell no, by no definition of the word. He was, however an important piece of the puzzle and right now he held most of the cards. Which meant Shodan needs some cards of his own.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smiling with pride, “Nope. But I used to have zero confidence. Took me a few years to build it up.” Helps when you go out on your own and get an amazing boyfriend. An eyebrow arches, “Occult debate club? Not a topic I know a whole lot about, but sometimes it’s fun to listen to what people think about it. Some have some really weird ideas.” Really crazy stuff. “But it’s always fun to meet new people, so I might check it out, thanks!” Might be fun.

A knowing smile, “Ah. It’s an art, one you hone after many years of failures and hard lessons.” And learning her opinion and voice mattered.

“Hmmm, that’s a tough one. But if it’s about making yourself look better to them? I can think of a few ways that might help. Not knowing the personalities of your friends, or what happened, I would wager that owning up to mistakes would go a ways. Or you can reach out to them and spend some time with them. Get to know them, talk to them one on one. Sometimes seeing and talking with someone outside work gives you the chance to see them in a new light. Or tell them you want to work on the friendship, and want to know what they want to see. Shows you are willing to make the changes they want to see. But don't be fake, people can sense that and it will only hurt any chance to mend bridges. Everyone is going to have a different opinion, and some you cannot change. But making the effort can go a long way.” She then laughs, “That was probably a lot more than you were looking for, sorry.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

He smiles and nods, appreciative and happy that his suggestion took root. Although the people he expected to see there next time were not unattractive, per se, they were a bunch of nerds at the core. It would be interesting to see how someone as radiant and larger than life as Sarah would... what's the expression? Ah yes, 'own the room'.

Suddenly, Shodan is much more excited about discussing whatever obscure topic Nathaniel cooks up next.

"That was exactly what I was looking for" he admits after listening to her advice "It sounds good, and to be honest I was thinking that too - to work outside of our bigger meetings, avoid the impression that I;m making my, uh... problem the central issue. But like you also said, it can't look fake, like I'm ambushing them or something" Let the word spread that a Libertine is making rounds of private talks with Diamonds and Apostates, and the establishment will be up in arms agains a brewing 'Free Council plot'. What nonsense.

"Ah, well, I'll probably need to figure it out myself" the Obrimos finally says "Unless you know something I don't. I mean, you must be pretty skilled in making easy small talk with your shop's clients without spooking them"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Nix seemed to beam that her advice was what he was looking for, “Glad I could help!” and she was. “I’ve found that people respond well to food. Maybe have a get together with a few of them, or one on one. But make it casual, so people can relax, not think you’re trying to buy them over. Something else that doesn’t go over well.” She adds.

“About small talk?”
    she asks, “I tend to go into it with a few ideas. For one, I always look interested in what the other person has to say, listen more than I talk. I also look for something I can genuinely compliment them on, then shift into conversation, so it doesn’t seem weird. Then find a topic that they’re passionate about, not one you love. It shows you’re interested in them. But you also have to know when the conversation has run its course naturally. Pushing it too long looks weird and makes it look like you’re trying too hard. But people like it when you show interest in them, how they’re doing, how schools been, etc.” it was a little hard to explain, “From talk with you this short time, I think you’re great at conversations and small talk. I’ve quite enjoyed talking with you. With those you’re trying to win over, make it about them, without being overbearing. Now, if they don't like talking about themselves, ask about them, learn about them. But you’ll do fine, just don’t overthink it.” Encouraged the Nix.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

He looks thoughtful "Food is good" is his honest, if not exactly original observation "I remember bribing, uh... no, that sounds wrong, regaling people with homemade lasagna. I don't like to brag but I'm a pretty good cook" It gets surprisingly easy once you start to view the world as interconnections of machine and software. It's all about being methodical.

Shodan listens closely to Sarah, apparently not wanting to spill a word she's saying. He's making mental notes, too. Sure, some of this is just common sense, things he's been trying himself now and again. The difference now is that he gets to see it as a coherent strategy, a pattern to apply rather than building blocks to frantically set. It's all about being methodical "Don't overthink, focus on their interests but don't be an overbearing creep. Yeah, I think I got it. Thanks again" Sounds simple, but there's one piece of her advice he didn't mention, but which might need to be implemented right about now.

The Obrimos looks uncertain for a moment when she compliments his small talk skills, as if he couldn't decide if she was serious, mocking or just took pity on the poor wretch that was him. Finally, though, he decides to take it at face value "I'm just super interested in what's around me, including people. Seriously, I'm like a kid in a candy store with too much money on his hands. It was great to talk to you, but I gotta bounce, make some plans around what you told me. But, uh... I'll come around Garden Grounds. Likely more than once. How cool would it be if we saw one another there again, right?" Maybe Bridget would be there, too, and they could do a reboot of today. In any case, the Grounds owner was a capital 'P' Personality and that alone merited a visit.

He begins to collect his things in preparation to leave.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A nod, “There you go! Perfect! It showed you cared enough to put in the time and effort. Impressive.” She compliments, “Myself on the other hand, cannot cook to save my life. Been meaning to take lessons, but with school and the coffee shop, things get busy.” And Rhodes would probably flip if she took on something else.

“You got it, and you’ll do great.” She always saw the best in people, it was just how she was.

Laughing, “Well, let that interest shine then.” While he was opinionated, he seemed nice. When he mentions leaving, “Probably do the same myself.” She spent longer at the gym then she intended. But it was worth it. “Well, you never know, the universe works in mysterious ways.” She jokes with a lopsided smile.

“Good luck with your friends. Have a good night!” and she’ll start putting her gloves in her bag.

Great scene! Good to close if you are
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"You too" He says "And... see you later. I hope"

And like that, there was one less Obrimos in the gym.

I'm good to close as well, thanks for the Scene!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread