Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit grants Sera a nod.

"Yeah, I think it does,"
    she says, again affirming her love for the drink. As Sera admits her own lack of drinking alcohol, Brigit smiles, "I drink beer now and then, but it's pretty rare. I don't like the feeling."

Not that I have to worry about that anymore.

The People can't get drunk, but the statement was true. Brigit disliked drunkenness and she didn't find the taste of beer all that appealing.

"It ain't super common, no, but most beverage companies probably help distribute a little here and there,"
    she said, "Give it a shot, I guess, but if you have any soda made with real cane sugar I'll probably pop in at some point. Mexican Coke is pretty nice and common too."

To Shodan, Brigit merely shrugs.

"No idea, I'm afraid, Zeek and I mostly just buy from the Jackson Hole Soda Company out in Wyoming," she replies, "They have an Amazon store so it makes it pretty easy, but I'll probably look into something local eventually. Support local business. That kinda thing."

The wonders of the modern internet. It made it hard to support local companies though.

At Sera's enthusiasm, Brigit's eyes widen a bit in surprise, but she soon regains herself.

"Yeah, I guess that's not super common out here, huh?" she said, "We come from a small town and our families have always been close. At some point we just kinda clicked."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A nod of agreement, “I do the same. The live flowers in my shop are all purchased from the Farmers Market in the mornings. The cookies and treats I try to buy from local small businesses. I love supporting other small businesses and farms. Keep the money and support in the community.” Which reminded her, Mable mentioned growing flowers.

“Really?” looking to him, “I suppose I’ve never thought of it that way. And hopeless daydreamers? Seriously?” there was a small smile, “Huh. But should you be letting out those secrets?” she teases.

“Oh, same. I hate that feeling of not being in control. Then there’s that whole hangover thing and just, no thanks.” Nope.

“I don’t think I have any with real cane sugar. Unless you count the Jarritos, which is really popular with the college kids. But I’ll had the Mexican Coke to the list and throw an event together!”
    wait for the weather to warm up, then have an all-day event.

A shrug, “I’m not originally from here, so I’m not sure. I just think we live in a time where people are all about instant gratification and finding dates online that it’s lost that magic. Or I’m showing my age and that I’m old fashioned. But I’m a sucker for a good love story and sounds like you have a wonderful one.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

It was good to hear there are still people out there who are not completely under the boot of the one-percenters and their mammoth enterprises.

Oh, of course I should be letting these secrets out, Sarah. Shodan gives her his best attempt at a sly smile, but his words flow freely between the two women "You know the funny thing about secrets? They are like sugary drinks - keep you awake at night, and always leave you with a taste for more. Think about it: a few words from a stranger at the gym, and you might just be persuaded to dig deeper, or ask a certain question when you get home. If that happens, then my clandestine goal of making people doubt what they take for granted is achieved" Curiosity kills cats, but on occasion it also Awakens people. And it starts with the small things, the trivial things. Like here and now.

The Obrimos makes a mental note to stay on top of events organized at Garden Grounds. Not because he's all that crazy about Mexican Coke, but to cultivate relationships - even if it's a person he's randomly met at a gym. You never know when it'd be useful to know a coffehouse owner, and besides - Sarah and Bridget were good, interesting conversation partners.

He frowns complains about people's short-sightedness and the 'magic' lost in the process. Typical equating 'magic' with 'ritual' "I don't think our lizard brains rule us any more than they did in the past. People keep saying it's all the Internet's fault that things ain't like they used to be, but the fact is that technology only brought human shortcomings to the surface. Kicked over the log to reveal the creepy crawlies under it, if you will. But this is how it should be - we can look at ourselves in the mirrors of our computer screens, and improve" Technology is transformative. Beneath utility and entertainment, change is its true purpose.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit grants Sera a nod as she shares some similarities between them.

"Jarritos is cool, I guess, but I haven't drank one of those in... years?" she said, pondering the length of time since she had imbibed on the fruity sodas.

Then came the over the top words from Adam, which earned him a quizzical look from the Wolf. Was he trying to make friends? Maybe, but Brigit wasn't in the business of talking with fast talking intellectuals, real or otherwise. She left that to the Crescents, Nathaniel would probably love this guy.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but the whole speech about secrets and revealing deeper knowledge just put her own reality at the forefront of her mind. Brigit's life was a lie designed to hide her nature from a Herd that was not meant to know. And she didn't like being reminded of it. Reminders of it, along with the risk of exposure, were rarely welcome, even when the correlation was inadvertent. As such, the discussion pouring from the lips of the tech-strapped man's lips made Brigit feel... off. And it showed.

Her features pushed into an expression of uncertainty she stared at Adam for a long moment.

"Right." was all she could muster, before looking to the clock.

"Well, I gotta get going," she said, her mind not making the time to think of a proper excuse. Turning to Sera she'd grant an almost apologetic look, "I'll keep an eye out for shindigs over at Garden Grounds though. See ya around."

Then Brigit headed for the door, her gait brisk as she considered the man she had just met. Adam's words spoke of a want to understand people at a deep level and to seek secrets. The trait was a dangerous one among the Herd and, though she did not think a single incident warranted a need to monitor him, she would remember his face.

Brigit leaves the scene

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The towel was tossed at her bag, “But the thing? I’m not one to worry about secrets. Sorry to say, they don’t keep me up at night. And the only question I ask when I get home is what’s for dinner.” It was true, she wasn’t a nosy girlfriend. “I’ve found that if there are secrets, they always find their way to the surface without any questions from me.” If someone was keeping something from her, it always came out. Guilt is a bitch.

Nodding, “I agree. The internet is an amazing tool, made a lot of things better. But like you said, it’s brought out the worst in humanity. There are times I’m out for dinner, and looked around and I was saddened by the amount of people on dates, but more interested in their phones. Society has lost the ability to connect with others face to face. I know I have no issues leaving a date sitting there is his phone is more interesting than I am. No thanks.” Sure, she could be boring, but the purpose of dates was to get to know the other.

“Not one of my favorite drinks, but, it’s popular for some reason.” If they wanted to buy it, she’d stock it.

Sapphires look from one to the other. Did she miss something?

“Oh, ok.” She was rather enjoying talking with her. “We’d love to have you, even if it’s not a shindig, always welcome.” Her tone friendly with a warm smile.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"Suit yourself" He says to the cafe owner. If you argue for your own limitations, you get to keep them.

"I'd argue that if they are glued to their phones so much, they didn't think their date was all that interesting to begin with" Sure, Shodan might be a tech-obsessed, buzzword-spouting guy who sincerely believed that everything is code (Music of the spheres? More like C++ of the spheres, sister), but tech must be used by actual humans to have practical value, which was one reason humans are inherently interesting "But truth be told, it's not the phone's fault, either. Did you know that there are corporate departments in social media companies specifically focused to get you into a dopamine feedback loops when using their products? Your apps are addictive, and I mean that literally" And it's not like it's hard to assign the blame, either "Mark Zuckerberg is the biggest drug dealer in history, but ask any random person on the street and they will tell you pot-smoking high-schoolers are the 'real' problem "I could tell you about evil corps looking to enslave us all day, but my friends tell me I get on my soapbox a little too easily" Fine. So he is a firebrand who did the whole walk to Damascus thing, and?

Speaking of... well, talking, Bridget was unusually quiet.

"Uh, did I say something wrong?" He asks Sarah after his eyes follow the blonde woman towards the door and out of the gym. The way she excused herself, how quickly she was just not here, how she stared at him like... well, like someone who doesn't quite know if they should feel insulted - it all added up to a weird feeling in Shodan's gut. The Obrimos couldn't tell if it was guilt for basically scaring the woman off, or something else, but he needs a second opinion.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Thing with Sera? She didn’t grow up on cell phones, apps and Facebook. It was still relatively new to her. Useful? Yes. Necessary? Not so much.

But she had to laugh, light and musical, “Touche. But I like to think I’m more interesting than a cell. And if not? Then I really need to reexamine my life.” A hint of sarcasm. Thankfully, Rhodes always had his attention where it belonged, on her. “Actually, no, I didn’t know that. As much as that’s ruining society, it’s also a genius way to push products and apps.” Have to be honest about that. “I’ve personally never gotten into the whole Facebook thing. I mean sure, my coffee shop has a page, but really about all I use it for. But I can see the addictiveness of it. People like instant gratification, apps like Facebook give them that. Then there is needing your self-worth proven by such platforms.” A shrug, “Never understood it myself though.” She didn’t need someone online telling her she was great or pretty. Now the talk of drugs? She avoids that.

Another shrug, “I don’t think so?” she really wasn’t sure. “But I get the impression that if you had, she would have told you.” A woman who could hit the bag like Bridget did, with that level of confidence? Yeah, she was no shrinking violet. “But hey, if you ever run into her again, could always ask. Nothing wrong with that. And if you did? Well, least you’ll know.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"Genius?" He scoffs "Yeah, in that 'Bond villain' kind of way. I wonder if it's mandatory for these people to have white Persian cats" Persians are a breed of arrogant furry demons that exceed even most cats' standards, which is saying something "As far as that self-worth proving is concerned, again: it's perfectly normal. Humans were status-seekers since ever, that kind of greed and envy is arguably what pushes us forward" Occasionally you must play with talking serpents and get slapped as a result, but it's worth it in the end "They know this, and they know how to divide and conquer, so that we never even think to look up and see who's pulling the strings"

I'm sorry, did someone say something about a soapbox?

"Why do you think she would've told me? In my experience people don't stop to explain the error of your ways to you, either because they think it's not worth their time, or because they can't deal" And Bridget didn't seem timid, to be sure "But you're probably right, I'll need to ask if we run into one another and try to hash it out" And when you calculate the odds on that meeting happening, you may be surprised by how high they are.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Smirking with a shrug, “Maybe, but there are no angels or good guys in those fields it seems. Most seem willing to do anything and everything to push their product and make more money. As to the cat? Not sure, but maybe times have change enough to where they don’t have to white anymore, maybe they’re allowed whatever one catches their eyes.” A chuckle. She found it funny. “Oh, it’s normal, to a certain extent. But there are some who take it too far and base their self-worth off it. And greed and envy are healthy, but can be taken too far as well, something always worth keeping in check.” She’s seen people melt down when they didn’t get enough attention, or didn’t get something they wanted. It was sad.

“I’m basing that off the confidence she had hitting that bag.”
    A gesture to the heavy bag. “Girls that can hit like that aren’t bashful. And if you don’t take the time to tell someone they were being a dick because of x, y and z, then you’re doing not only them, but yourself a disservice. But I’m also the type of person to call someone out for being a dick.” She wasn’t bashful.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"The thing is" He begins in a sage tone "confidence in doing what you are good at does not imply confidence in social situations. I think I know someone like that, but really: most people do, or are such a person themselves" It was easy to imagine someone ridiculously good at their job - librarians, programmers, athletes - who melt under the slightest unexpected social pressure "Indeed, focusing on being the best at your chosen field, spending an inordinate amount of time among other specialists can be a sort of escape from dealing with the daily mess of life in a society" Not pointing any fingers but yeah, he definitely knows people like that "A protective shell, if you will"

Try: prison of your own creation.

"By your own admission, and my observation confirms that, you don't have that problem. It's something that can be outgrown, too, with time and effort"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread