Ended
Watch

Gym Rats

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Shodan

The Prime Mover smirks, playing along this superhero-themed joke that he himself started "I think it's a bit too late for discretion. Besides, I mean, how crazy would it be if you had this villain that you face nightly, and then you met without your masks on in some neutral place - like, say, a gym - without either of you realizing?" Of course, Shodan couldn't be a part of a world like that. For one thing, he had no taste for wearing underwear over his tights. But it'd be some out of control shit.

"A coffee shop? I had no idea it's the kind of thing that involves excessive movement" If he had to be honest, the images that came to mind were keeping books, making phonecalls and occasional supply runs. But it's not like he's a big, bad business owner "I run solo these days. Used to work for a corp and it was the worst. Turns out I really hate deadlines. And, well, bosses. Funny you should ask, though, because I actually do have a business card. Made them recently - turns out relying on social media marketing might not be the best choice when your clients are mostly digitally illiterate. Who knew, right?" There is a pouch of his nearby, and in that pouch is a wallet, and in that wallet is the card. Shodan holds it out - Sarah can just look at it, or take it if she wishes. He has a couple more of them, just in case the demand to have things fixed is unexpectedly high "What's your shop's name?" Every place needs a computer network and well-oiled machines, right? A cafe is not the most exciting contract he can imagine, but work is work and surprises do happen.

Bridget's response regarding resolutions is a bit underwhelming, though perhaps not surprising - she has that down to earth appearance of a person who takes it one day at a time. But if you though Shodan is going to give up so easily... You. Were. Wrong.

"That's because people lack resolve. And imagination" He says "I'm not saying I'm a paragon of either - but there are ways. Time frames and keeping your goals simple is one thing, but more importantly, I think you need friends to help you along the way. Plus, the importantest thing of all is to realize that no one but you is in control. That kind of responsibility is scary, but there's no other path to self-improvement" He'd know. Mages are, at their core, control freaks, Obrimoi especially. When you know there are beings and causes bigger than you, how can you relinquish that control?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit shrugs as Sera asks about learning how to climb as well as good spots.

"Was easy enough for me, I guess, but I've always been pretty active. Kinda had to be where I'm from," she said, "As for spots, I normally just use indoor climbing gyms. There's a few scattered around and I usually don't get much of an opportunity to leave Sacramento so... couldn't tell ya about spots outside of the city. Apparently a lot of the wilderness areas and parks have some solid spots though."

The beauty of co-owning a portion of her husband's business - and having a spouse that at least somewhat understood the People - meant that Brigit didn't work full time. What kept her in city limits had more to do with other matters, but the Herd must not know.

"I think if you watch the servers and baristas in that sort of place, you'd learn otherwise,"
    she said as Adam expressed his surprise regarding the movement related to cafe, "Lots of owners kinda have to be involved from what I hear, but then I haven't had to do it myself."

Brigit blinks as Adam explains his view on things, evidencing his want for control heavily.

"Neat," she says, "but I think I'll stick with no resolutions. If you need a resolution to change yourself, you're kind of missing the whole point of self improvement I think."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Pondering the thought, “Hmmm, now that you mention it, that could prove to be quite a problem. Talk about changing the game and dynamics!” not that it would be a huge issue. No hero gives away all their tricks, in case such a matter presented itself. "I should be more careful."

Nodding, “Oh yeah. Especially on the weekends and open mic night! We’re swamped and I hardly get the chance to sit down. I’m not an owner who sits in an office all night, I enjoy serving and meeting the customers.” Being the social butterfly, she was, it was only natural. “So self-employed?” she asks, “I honestly think that’s the best way. Set your own hours, take whatever days off you want.” Worked for her. If she took days off. Smiling, “Lucky me!” and she takes the card, looking it over, “Interesting name!” the card then tucked away in her gym bag. “Oh, Garden Grounds. Should stop by sometime, you too!” she says to Bridget with a nod. “And if coffee isn’t your thing, we have tea. And bubble tea.” Cause some people were weird and didn’t drink coffee.

“I believe another problem is people enter into these resolutions for the wrong reason. If you really wanted to improve something about yourself or your life, you would. And you would do it for you, not what society pushes.”
    Should always do you.

“Ah. I’ve only recently, within the past couple years, got real active. So maybe it’s something I can work myself up to. I enjoy trying new types of exercises, changing it up.” Routine was good, but not with exercise. Then it got boring. And a bored Nix was scary. “Oh, good to know. Thanks! Never really done much outdoorsy stuff, but might be fun to look into.” She could camp. Sure. Maybe.

A sage nod, “She speaks the truth. There’s a reason baristas don’t wear heels at work. Made that mistake once, will never do it again.” On slow nights it wasn’t that bad.

“I think self-improvement should be a year round thing. Why should a change in the year spark a sudden need to change? And again, is it for the right reasons?” a shrug.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

I don't have much opportunity to leave Sacramento. That must be one hell of an engaging job. Pair it up with 'I had to be active where I'm from' (a rural background comes to mind), and you'll find that Shodan looks at Bridget with a lot more interest than just moments ago "What is it that you do?"

When the name of the coffee shop is spoken, a phone appears in Shodan's hand and he begins to Google the place, bookmarking whatever can be found for later. The Prime Mover's been doing this so often, that it barely requires any attention or brainpower on his part, keeping his replies swift and his eyes on the actual people here "I definitely will pop in some time. When it comes to legal drugs like coffee, I am all about supporting the small business" After all, small business is the backbone of the economy. Or so everybody says.

"I mean, you do you" He says, to dispel any lingering suspicion that he may try to force-feed the two women his view on things. That'd just sour up the mood "But, if I'm going to be the devil's advocate, then I'll say that starting in January is good for people - psychologically. Clean slate, and all that. Of course, you can say that it's all artificial, but we live in a society that is all about conventions" Thou shalt not kill. Respect your elders. Magic isn't real - just a few examples. The greatest asset of the Lie is not Paradox, it's the crunching banality "And yes, in an ideal world people would improve all year long, regardless of what others think. Unfortunately for us, we do not live in an ideal world, so I'll just recommend celebrating the small victories we can achieve" With each putting them that much closer to shattering this prison of a world.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Bridget shrugs her noncomittal shrug at the invite to Sera's shop.

"Sure, not really into coffee and tea though,"
    she admits, "I'm more of a sarsaparilla gal."

None of that root beer shit.

There's a difference.

Bridget lets the pair network unaccosted.

At Adam's question, she smirks.

"Me? Not much I guess,"
    she says, "I own a part of my husbands business, but I don't handle much of the day-to-day. Still, Zeek does and I married him because he's my best friend. Not exactly gonna take a vacation if he can't, y'know? Til then I'll probably volunteer or something once I get bored of coming to the gym all the time."

As the other two offered more words on resolutions, Brigit was content to let them do their thing. Why would she care? The Herd may choose their path, but the path of the People was locked in place by destiny. These two would not understand. Thus, Brigit offered little more than a smile and polite nods at their points.

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

She watches him with the phone, knowing the website isn’t all that exciting yet. “Weekends are the busiest, college kids and all. Evenings on the weekdays are the best time if you don’t like crowds.” Some people hated crowds.

The Treasured listened, “Have to say, wasn’t expecting such a conversation coming to the gym tonight.” Usually it was general polite conversation. “Though do you think January is psychologically good for it is because society has trained us to believe that? I mean, we grow up with it being in our face that January is the month to start new, make resolutions and all that other wonderful stuff.” Wonderful being said with sarcasm.

“Oh. Well, there are other things.”
    Then a brief look of confusion, “Sarsaparilla?” looking thoughtful, “Is that like root beer? The word sounds familiar, I just can’t place it. But if it’s easy to get, I can see trying it on the menu. Who knows, maybe it would be the most popular thing!” she was always about trying new things. Even on the menu at her shop.

“That’s really neat. Always great when a couple is able to work together. Have you been married long?” genuinely curious. “Volunteering is wonderful. I spend a lot of time at local woman’s shelters and donating left over food from my coffee shop to them. Makes me feel like I’m giving back.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

"Puh-leez, random conversations on existential topics are one of my three favourite ways to socialize. The other two being inane jokes" People who can't handle an occasional 'zebra with sunburns' joke are not the kind of people you want in your life, anyway "and bonding over a huge bowl of casserole" Humanity might have advanced in the past decades like it hasn't in centuries, but some aspects remain the same since we were hunting mammoths and shit. There's something magical about telling stories around campfires, sharing food "And to answer your question - yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Obviously, planets and stars don't give a fuck if you're going to lose weight this year, but arbitrary time-measuring is there for you. It's not all bad, the conventions I mean, you just gotta know when to break away from them" That's what is needed. Humanity restless enough to make a difference, but clever enough not to make it obvious until it is too late.

He smirks "Sarsaparilla and root beer are kind of like baklava and balaclava - they look kind of the same at first, but upon closer inspection you come to realize they are not similar at all" Not to mention, now that coke's taken over the soft drink market it'd be difficult for Sarah to get the stuff. But - that's not his problem "It's a bit of an unusual taste, too. So either you" he looks to Bridget "are a time traveler, in which case I have questions, or you are seriously hipster, and in that case let the record show that I said your husband is one lucky bastard" It's kind of a risky compliment to make, at least it might be to some people. But for what it's worth, Shodan feels compelled to promote and commend non-mainstream behavior to the best of his meager liability.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit would snap her fingers and point at Adam as he explained a fitting analogy for sarsaparilla and root beer.

"It's similiar if you aren't familiar with it and lots of companies make it artificially flavored these days,"
    Brigit explains before granting a look of confusion towards Adam. In time, she seems to piece together the joke and smirks back, "Neither? There's a lot of soda microbreweries that still make it and I grew up with the stuff. My family didn't like alcohol so soda was usually what we reached for at the end of the day."

Looking back to Sera she shrugs.

"Don't stock it on my account, don't know how well it'd do here, but I'll try and pop by at some point,"
    she says.

The comments regarding her ability to work with Zeek and Zeek being the lucky one earn a genuine smile from the Hidden Wolf.

"No we've only been married a little over a year,"
    she admits, "but Zeek and I have known each other since we were kids and we dated for a long while before heading to the courthouse. Though I'll admit, I'm the lucky one. I'm just happy he chose me, y'know?"

Ugh. All this gushy shit.

It's true though.

A nod is granted as Sera explains her own volunteering efforts.

"Yeah, Zeek's more of the cooking type, but I'm sure I could get him to teach me how to make cupcakes or something,"
    she said, "I suppose I could use our employees as guinea pigs until I make a batch good enough to donate."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Laughing, “Oh I can do random topics all day. I run a coffee shop remember? If I can’t strike up a conversation with someone about something completely random, then I suck at my job.” People person. And that meant being able to flow with whatever the topic was. “Well, see, that depends on the type of casserole. There are some really gross ones out there.” True enough.

There was interest on her face as it was explained, “Ah! Does it taste good? Because now I’m really curious about it.” And she wonders how it would do it the shop.

Wait, someone else who didn’t like alcohol? “Not often I come across someone else who doesn’t like alcohol as well. Always feel like the odd one out.” Though her was more due to her past then the taste of it. There was some really tasty drinks out there.

Shaking her head, “If it’s something that isn’t very common, it might be fun to change up the whole menu. Bring in a bunch of uncommon things, from drinks to food. I bet I could spin a theme around it. It’ll be fun! Maybe when it warms up a bit and I can open the patio more.” Ideas already beginning to form.

“Oh wow! Known each other since you were kids?! That is amazing and so sweet!”
    she practically coos. “I know exactly what you mean! Though they will always claim they are the lucky ones.” Men.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

S
    Shodan

Shodan has little more to add on the business intricacies of adding sarsaparilla to the shop's menu, although he does nod appreciatively when Sarah suggest she just might try all things uncommon at her place. Although nothing beats technological progress, diversity in all areas of one's life leads towards Singularity by one route or another. Still, one seemingly outlier issue remains to be resolved.

"Do you know any good microbrewery thingies in Sacramento?" He asks Bridget "It may sound like an unimportant thing, but seems everything is made by a corp or corp subsidiary these days. I try to support the smaller actors whenever I can" If nothing else, it keeps the companies on the edge, breeding some much-needed competition.

The Obrimos listens to Bridget's marriage story without comment, and it makes him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. A reminder that the cynical views of the Diamond are actually hidebound bullshit, and that the Fallen World is worth fighting for. And who says that there is no true, faithful, eternal love in this world! May the liar's vile tongue be cut out!

He smiles at Sarah's remark on the uglier sex "We always say we get the long end of the stick because it's true. In my experience it's always her that keeps him in the real world, not just in what he'd like the world to be. I'll let you in on a secret: men can be hopeless daydreamers" Your mileage may vary, but that's how he's always seen things.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread