Ended
Watch

On Wings of Winter

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

Sacramento. The capital of the state of California. If rumors are to be believed - somewhat understaffed when it came to the Forsaken. If tonight goes as planned, another descriptor will be added. Sacramento - his new home.

Say what you will about the stunted senses of a human form, Allen actually likes it - it allows him to blend in, have a couple drinks, do a little digging and generally appear as non-threatening as is possible for one of the Uratha. Indeed, you may have some problems noticing this completely plain figure in a nondescript suit. You pass thousands of people like him every day on the street and don't even register their faces, let alone remember the 'encounter' afterwards.

And so, Allen Brackett comes to town, beelining towards what's said to be the Tur of Sacramento with his metaphorical hands in the air. Information on the werewolf inhabitants in the city has been woefully lacking, but oh brother, he's about to find out.

This is an Open scene where Allen aims to present himself to the pack. Obviously, then, anyone is welcome to participate

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector is in the process of moving - or rather, he is going through the motions of being a homeless fellow on the move. It is hard to be 'homeless' when one's definition of 'home' is the fullest extent of the pack's territory, be under open sky or in a building.

As part of his 'disguise' the Cahalith has a large canvas bag stuffed with clothes and small wheeled suitcase packed with more clothes and improvised bedding he rarely used. Considering the size of the camp he once claimed beneath an underpass near the city's core, this is quite a come down. But Hector has long moved beyond the need or want for material possessions - at least as the Herd understood it.

Hector is at the Tur, dragging his suitcase and his bag behind him. The Alpha intends to sleep this night at the Tur and maybe meditate on Father Wolf's lessons in the morning.

For once the miasma that follows him is... tolerable... by human standards.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

3. Likes Ruach, Kelreth liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

He smells him before he sees him. A stench of urban refuse following this homeless man closely like a pet dog, but the guy is no ordinary vagrant - for one, when most of them try to blend in and hide from the cops, gangbangers and condescending stares, he radiates a powerful, intense aura. It's something in his gait. Or maybe it's beyond physical.

Regardless, Allen sniffs - and visibly so - but at first all he registers is the amalgam of wholly mundane odors. Still, this is the Tur, and they are alone, so Allen can hardly imagine some Herd (powerful presence or not) just wandring about like he owned the place. But this second sniff also turns up nothing exciting, and Allen is all but ready to give up for the night when he catches a lucky break.

Brown eyes turn to Hector as Allen walks up to him, but that's when doubt comes. What are you going to say? 'Oh, hi there, I'm a werewolf like you and I heard that you have some pretty serious shit going down'? What if this guy is Pure? Hell, what if he isn't, but doesn't like the way you look?

Ah, fuck it. It's past that now. Besides, doubt like that is weakness, and we all know what Skolis-Ur has to say about weakness.

"You know what they put on a plaque when Apollo 11 went to the Moon? 'We come in peace for all mankind'" He says, putting on a relaxed tone, trying to establish eye contact "I think it's important when you make a long journey like that. To communicate you're not there to stir shit up, just in case anybody is there to listen" Doubt may be weakness, but caution certainly isn't. The veiled speech was transparent enough for any Uratha to decipher, but at the same time offers enough secrecy to pull out quickly, if needed.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-23 02:35:02 Allen Brackett rolls 3 to Recognize Hector by scent (Wits + PU -2) (10 Again) 8, 1, 4 1 success

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit spoke often of her role among the Izidakh. When she was Anshega she hunted, as well as patrolled. Tonight, it seemed, this latter habit was proving difficult to shake.

The Redeemed slipped her way through the Tur, weaving through the trainyard with a practiced precision, sticking to the shadows of the train cars and other structures as she moves along her stealthy route.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-24 02:19:58 Brigit rolls 5 to Sneaky Patrol (Dex+Stealth) (10 Again) 5, 6, 9, 8, 10, 3 3 successes

That is when she came upon them. A stranger and her Alpha.

This plain figure spoke with some subterfuge, but his meaning was clear enough. Thus, Brigit decided to make it known that Hector was not alone, approaching into full view from the shadows as the man concluded his greeting. She would situate herself to the Alpha's right, well within his periphery.

A hard stare from dark eyes locked unto the man for several seconds before, eventually, panning over with a more inquisitive expression to Hector himself.

The Alpha would define how this would go and Brigit would do what she could to abide. Until he spoke though, the Blood Talon would say nothing.

6. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector grins when the newcomer approaches; the Alpha's first thought being this was one of the Herd who had stumbled upon Tur by accident. The double speak and the sniffing suggested something else, so Hector responded in kind. And when he caught the underlying whiff of wolf his smile grew even bigger.

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-24 21:50:35 Hector to recognise a new wolf rolls 6 to Wits + PU - 2 (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 10, 1, 6, 2, 3, 2, 6 2 successes

"Not stirring things up is a good thing, especially around here," Hector replied calmly.

A flash: his eyes narrowed and snapped to Brigit when she made her appearance. They rolled back onto Allen Brackett as the Alpha smiled even more confidently.

"Whats your name, anyway? This is neutral ground so you can rest a while if want. I'm Hector. Brigit has made herself known to you. You see yourself sticking around, friend?"

@Kelreth I ended up with two roll results, don't know why. I've used the first one.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

Allen is so engulfed in talking to Hector that Brigit is able to effortlessly sneak up on him, and he looks momentarily startled when she emerges from the shadows and gives him that severe look of hers. There's some solace in knowing the place is violence-free, but then again: it's not like the Urdaga turn to ash if they don't play by the rules. Better be careful.

"Allen. Allen Brackett. Terrific to meet you" He offers a handshake, first to Hector (he did the talking, which set him pretty squarely above Brigit, as far as Allen was concerned), then to his companion "Storm Lord, born under the Half-Moon. I came here from Idaho, if that's the kind of trivia that interests you" A shrug "The point is, I heard you have some problems with the Anshega. Lucky for you, I may have the skills that are criminally underappreciated among most werewolves I know, but they just might save you the need for a Funeral Rite one day" Allen never believed in being needlessly modest. Saying that he's kinda-sorta good at some things is not the sales pitch appropriate when relocating into new territory "I'd be happy to lend you these skills, in exchange for a place in your territory, and in your pack"

Ah, right. Pack. As in, three people min. However you count, Brigit and Hector give two. Two is less than three. Which means that either there are more wolves in the shadows, or the situation is even worse than he's heard.

"It's not just you two, is it? I mean, it's fine with me either way, but Sacramento looks like a lot for just two people to manage"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-25 03:04:41 Allen Brackett rolls 5 to See the Stealthy Brigit (Wits + Comp) (10 Again) 1, 2, 5, 3, 4 failure

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit turns her attention back to Allen as Hector speaks. She raises an eyebrow at the offered hand, but takes it anyway. The shake is firm, but brief.

"Brigit, formerly of the Izidakh and redeemed. Now of the Suthar Anzuth,"
    she says. At once it spoke of her past and her own use to the pack. It was enough.

Then a shake of her head and a smirk.

"Nah, there are more," she answers. The Bells likely used to be two, but the numbers had already grown by the time Brigit came more. If Hector wanted to add more specifics, that was up to him.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector takes Allen's proffered hand with a certain air of bemusement. The smell - and his general appearance - usually kept the people (and the People, it must be said) at a respectful distance. The newcomer listed their tribe and auspice as well, which rceived a respectful nod from the Cahalith.

"Hector. Iron Master, a Cahalith moon singer. Alpha of the Clarion Call, sometimes known as the Nameless Pack of Sacramento. Back when we didn't need a name. When we were just People. As Brigit says, there are others: we wax and wane with the moon; its the way of our Totem. You'll meet the others in due time I am sure. We are the only People in the city. Anyone else is... probably Pure and on the hunt."

The Alpha grinned again with controlled ferocity.

"So consider yourself conscripted. If you plan on staying."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

Suddenly, Brigit becomes much, much more interesting in Allen's eyes "A former follower of Gurim-Ur. How utterly fascinating" There's no mockery or malice in his voice. This is how that guy from Jurassic Park must have felt (and, indeed, looked) like when he learned he can resurrect dinosaurs "I'd be honored if you could tell me of your time among the Fire-Touched some day. If you are willing, of course" He hoped she might be. After all, she readily admitted her previous allegiance.

And now, to Hector.

"Clarion Call? I like the sound of that, no pun intended" He says with an easy, if a bit watery smile "I want to stay. I'm certain I'll make myself useful" After all, he's carved a sparsely populated niche for himself "And... the way I see it, there are three ways this meeting can go: one, we can each go our separate ways and reconvene later. Obviously, this is not ideal for any of us, because we still know next to nothing about the other side. Two, we can trade life stories and bond over personal details" Which was marginally better, but Allen didn't think they'd be willing to tell him their hobbies in this rather dour-looking trainyard.

"Or three, we can get right down to business. The Pure. Like I said, this is rumored to be a problem. And if we go down that path, I have questions. Like: if they make use of the Herd, who is it and what function do they fulfill? What are the Tribe demographics among them? What are the patterns of their movement across the city?" Of course, these questions might seem weird. In truth, they are insanely specific, and Allen doesn't expect these guys to know that, because, for one, it's extremely hard to ascertain. Still, it serves a purpose of directing them towards the kind of thinking Allen employs, and the kind of strategies he tends to devise.

All to better present his merit, and let them decide if they want someone like that.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Both brows raise this time as the newcomer exclaims his interest in her.

"The kid might like this one,"
    Brigit said, her words aimed at Hector. Nathaniel was a big intellectual too. He too wanted to learn about the Anshega, but something told Brigit that after she told her story part of Nathaniel probably wished he had never asked.

Thus, at the request to speak, Brigit simply shrugs.

"I don't hide my past to the Urdaga. I ain't got an Auspice so I owe our family my story to explain my place,"
    Brigit says plainly, "If Hector accepts you, we can speak later."

At the questions of the Pure, Brigit pondered not answering at all and leaving it for Hector to answer, but eventually settled to grant the man a morsel.

"I've encountered two packs with the Call myself. One was Fire-Touched, but we haven't seen them since chasing them off. Their totem's still around though I reckon, so they'll probably be back," she explained, "The others I encountered with two packmates. They were well groomed. Suits. Too groomed to be Predator Kings and not zealous enough to be among my former kin. That leaves the Ivory Claws."

Throughout it all, Brigit had not mentioned the others in the pack by name. This man knew her's and Hector's, but she wasn't going to put theirs out there until Allen here was brought into the fold more directly.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread