Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Drunken Ramblings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Morgan

PRE

It was whatever night it was in the Big City, and Morgan and her newfound friend Alice were out to hit the town. But not the Bougie side of town. Well, not after Adam had to bail for something or other, not once Morgan assumed command of the revels, proudly doffing the captains cap and driving them to:

THE WILDMAN BARMAN OUTPOST!

It was the kind of place that was thrown together by someone that really didn't know what they were doing, but there peanuts on the floor, cheap ass drinks, and some retro jukeboxes. What wasn't to love?

(The staph infection rate in the men's bathroom, for one, but that was besides the point).

It was busy enough to fill the room with a wash of background noise, but they'd managed to find a table off in the corner of the bar, away from the pool tables, giving them as much privacy as you could get without a private room, or a handy dandy Sound Bubs(tm) to hide their conversation (and Morgan would probably never learn how to make one of those).

They were exactly, exactly, 1.5 drinks into the night, two half empty Long Island Ice Teas sitting between them, along with a half empty bowl of peanuts.

If Morgan was smart, she would have asked the bartender to water the drinks down, but, well, this was the amount of fucks that Morgan gave:

Did you see any?

She didn't either.

"Alright, Alice, if that's even your real name, Morgan joked, "enough with the small talk! How are we gonna do this? Parents? High School antics? Politics? Religion? Relationships? What's your poison?

2. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Picking a topic was hard. All those sounded terrible, ot things the Obrimos couldn't (or didn't want) to talk about. "What d'you mean?" Phoenyx asks, already a tiny bit slurry. "I thought a drink was a good idea. But I like iced teas and they make me feel warm which is nice. Why do you wanna know about my parents? I didn't go to high school long - I was home schooled - I don't really like politics, religion is stupid," she scowls as she spits out the word, "and relationships are stupid. Easier just to have sex and run. Then things don't get all confusing and messy. Well. Still confusing. But guys can just be stupid and do stupid things, so easier just to not do that I guess." Her words seem to be coming out all of a jumble. Then again, there's not a lot to Phoenyx, and she made a dent in both drinks so far.

She sucks on the straw, taking several gulps from her glass. The drink was making her feel fuzzy faster than last time. Had she eaten today? Than might have been it."But, now we have books now! And you said you were new in town. Why are you here?" The Arrow asks, sucking on the straw again.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Morgan

PRE

Morgan couldn't help but snicker into her drink as Alice began to unleash her tirade about all the things that were stupid. She was getting straight up pixilated, goddamn! The bartender must have had a heavy pour.

"Damn, Girl, take it easy! You wanna be able to walk later, right?" Morgan laughed, picking up her own drink and taking a sip.

"Shit, you were home schooled? That must've sucked. 'Course, High School was a pain in the ass, too. I got expelled, if you can believe that shit. I mean, you probably can, but how fucked up is that?"

It was a rhetorical question, of course: Morgan just need a moment to pause and take another sip, let the alcohol pool in her gut, and slowly leech into her bloodstream. Get that warm haze going.

"Mmm, anyways, you asked why I'm here?" she continued, putting her drink down. "Well, s'pretty simple. I mean, the fuck is anyone anywhere in the first place?"

An impish grin lit Morgan's features, but she relented after a moment.

"Well, in my case, I came here to meet somebody. One of the only people in my whole damn life that I think ever loved me, if you can believe that. Only one that's still breathing anyways. But it's not like you're thinking. She's like a sister, not a flame. Fuck knows if she's gonna show up, though."

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx tries for a stern look, and mostly gets it. "I'm fine. I know what I'm doing."

There's a shrug. "I did well out of it. Parents both had good educations. Then private tutors for a while." Slurrrrrrrrp. "Totally can. You seem like the kind that would tell people what you think, even if they could expell you." Wow. Blunt as a rock. But non-judgemental.

The Arrow rolls her eyes. "Why are we here" was Philosophy 101. There wasn't a single answer. She does follow it with a tiny smile, although that could be the alcohol. "That's sweet. I hope she does. It's nice when... people care." Phoenyx stares into her glass, suddenly somber.

Kaze used to care.

She pulls on the straws, the rattly sound of an empty glass burbling in the air, and she hiccups with a loud squeak. "Um. Sorry. Guess I finished that pretty fast."

hic.

8. Likes Cayce, Ruach liked this post

Morgan

PRE

"Hey, c'mon, don't do that," Morgan griped, kicking back in her chair and taking an exasperated sip of her drink.

"That, that right there," she continued, pointing at Alice's face. "That look you got. Like you were hoping to find all of life's answers in your drink, but they weren't there. What the hell cause that, huh? Dish! C'mon, girl, we're sharing here, right?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

The Arrow looks at Morgan. "I... can't! It's weird! I don't do this! Discussing my life with someone I just met!" She looks down at the glass. "But this... helps. Not with the feelings. You just said that, and I know that... kinda. But it makes me feel like I can talk. Because I don't. Talk. Much." Repressed much? Oh yeah. She slumps back in the chair. "Then again, I don't go out for drinks with people I just met, so I guess I'm doing all kinds of things today I don't normally do." Phoenyx shrugs. Drinking always felt a bit rebellious from her strict regime. But who made her do that? Only she did, any more. Not as if there was a higher-up telling her what to do any more. It was all she knew, really. "Maybe this is just a day for doing dumb things like this."

She groans exasperatedly. "It's a guy, okay? A dumb, hot guy I thought was really great. He kept changing. We broke up." There. Sharing.

"You want another one? I want another one." Phoenyx gets up to head to the bar.

Morgan

PRE

"Yeah, gimme another," Morgan agreed, slurping down the last of her drink while she waited for Alice to bring back their next round. It wasn't too crowded up at the bar, so it shouldn't take long. And, more importantly, Alice seemed to be walking in a straight line. Well, more or less. She seemed steady on her feet, though, and that was what was important.

Alice was definitely interesting. Morgan didn't usually chill with people that were so high strung, but she had to admit, in this case, that's what made it fun.

"Welcome back," Morgan said as Alice finally returned. Morgan eagerly reached out and grabbed her third drink. It was time to get a little drunk, herself, and stop analyzing so much.

"By the way, you know that's kinda the whole point of going out for drinks, right? To talk, sure, but more importantly, to loosen up while you're talking. And I gotta say, I'm glad that I'm getting a chance to get to know you, girl. Cheers!"

Morgan didn't give Alice a chance to agree, just smacked her glass into the other long island ice tea and took a swig.

"Now, then, tell me more about this guy. Was he the kind of asshole that used Taylor Swift lyrics in his poetry? Was he the kind of guy that wore muscle shirts but the muscles were still coming for tomorrow? Was he the kind of guy that thought he was tougher than plywood but was really only 10 ply? Did he seem like he was really put together, but turned out to just be a bunch of spare parts?

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

"It is?" Phoenyx asked, looking puzzled. "I guess I didn't really know. It's not a thing I've ever done much. And... thank you? People don't normally say that. Maybe you're drunk."

She holds the glass carefully as they sound and sips through the straws, enjoying the warm feeling.

Then the questions begin, and pink flushes her cheeks, the Arrow doing her best deer in the headlights expression. "Uhh.... why do you want to know?" She seems to shrink in the chair and the hoodie. "It was ages ago. I should be over this by now. Do we have to talk about him? I don't wanna do that." The words are blunted out inelegantly, the little Arrow clearly getting more an dmore awkward.

Morgan

PRE

"Kay, well, if you don't wanna talk about him, let's change the subject," Morgan agreed with an amiable slurp of her drink. She wasn't drunk, yet, but let's see if she could change that.

"Lessee here," she continued with a sigh, "we've already crossed off our sex lives, religion, politics, family, education, what is there left to judge a person by? I mean, get to know them."

Morgan barked a short laugh and shook her head.

"We're not gonna talk about work. 'Cause that's what everyone talks about, right? 'Oh, what do you dooo'," she mocked, pitching into a falsetto, her head bopping from side to side with each word. "Such bullshit. It's just a way to stratify people by their perceived value in society. So, ya know, fuck that. Let's get real, girl. Let's talk about life and death. Let's talk place in the universe. Let's talk purpose. What'chu got?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx looks at Morgan, bewildered. "Did we? Most of those things are stupid anyway, but my teacher was actually very insightful."

The falsetto voice actually makes Pheonyx snigger. Like, completely snigger behind her drink. Even under that hoodie the girl couldn't be more than a buck-twenty soaking wet, so these drinks were really hitting her hard. "Work isn't so bad, if you believe in what you're doing. But if it bores you..." She half-shrugs - it looks a bit fuzzy and the Arrow sways in the chair slightly. "He used to believe in what he did. But then he changed and suddenly didn't believe in what he was doing any more, which wouldn't be so bad except doing me was a part of tha-at..." Phoenyx's rambling devolves into muttering quickly.

She cocks her head at Morgan's big questions. "Oh, that's interesting. Most people don't want to talk about the biiiig things. But you do. I wonder why that is?" The Obrimos props her elbow on the table and rests her chin on her hand. Shhhllluuurrrp. "See, me, I watch out for people. I don't think they know I'm doing it. I don't think they even care. But I do. I have to. I have to. I said I would. Watch people's backs, because people are dumb and need defending some times. Does that make sense? But I said I'd do it. And if you don't stick to your words, do they even mean anything? Don' you think that's important?" Phoenyx was start slurring her words a little.

15. Likes , Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread