(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice draws her Cousin away from the Prince and the Keeper. The voice snaking and slithering under her skin, and raking it's fangs on the dead muscle.

"My thanks, Lady Hazelton." Alice bows, as gracefully as she can manage, which is not at all. Stings pull and slacken, jerking her limbs to and fro. While Lyssa retrieves a copy of the Laws of the Domain and those of the Prince's Elysia. Tacked to the wall, the ghoul will replace them when they were through with them. "Forgive this question, but it must be asked. Have you ever committed the Amaranth? Or have you come into Sacramento with the intention of participating in such an act?"

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-26 11:41:56 Alice Hart rolls 1 to Spot a lie (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 -3Blind) (10 Again) 1 failure
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"No, Seneschal Hart.". Jennifer spoke clearly and true, her voice a snake crumbling over dead leaves.
    " I understand the value of a truthful oath. As Notary, I must be truthful or dismissed. I am young, for us. I attended college as a 'white hat', a vulnerability tester in computers. I assisted the the then Reeve Greysen with coordinating. I have some small skills in investigating crime scenes, should the need arises. I mean to only make your ability to check on me easier."
    She waited for the pertinent questions, sensing that the Seneschal was adept at the role. She was a bit worried that she had over shared, or had seemed boastful. This truthful adherence was why some Notaries stayed away from Harpy positions, or those influenced easily by social fluctuations. She herself was considering the truthful notations of events, like a reporter. The olden days, before yellow journalism and sensationalist half truths. Well before her time, truly. * McDonald's parking lot post, sorry for the no formatting. Hoping it goes through
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you Lady Hazelton, for your honesty." Alice nods, slowly jerking as is common for the Doll. In response, Lyssa quickly made note of what Hazelton said, intent on delivering this information to the Reeve, should their office have need of an investigative and technologically minded kindred. Handing off the papers when directed. "Please re-familiarize yourself with the Laws of the Domain The Three Traditions will be kept in full, do not violate another's haven, if a Blood Hunt is called, you will be expected to participate." she says, feeling herself speaking by rote.

It settled on her, this speech like an old, well loved jacket. "None are allowed to inflict Final Death upon another, only the Prince can grant that privilege. Do not commit treason, but Do attend all officially announced Courts."

A pause considering the next line, now drifting away from the script. "Now, I would suggest that if you needed anything of the Court, you would be directed to your Priscus, first, before another Court Official." Knowing the Lady should know that she wasn't to approach the Prince with trivialities that her Court could handle with ease. "However, it has been some nights since I have spoken to Bishop Patience, and she has not appeared before the doors closed on this nights Formal Court, which, has, unfortunately removed her Acknowledgement within the Domain of Sacramento." Alice allows that to hover for a moment, "There should be a posting of all the Court's officials, please memorize it before leaving tonight."

Lyssa exchanges the Laws, when her lady's cousin seems done, with the second of the bundle.

"These are the Rules of Elysia, no weapons are allowed. You are also not allowed to use your Disciplines. The exceptions is of course the Mask of Traquility, and the Aspect of the Predator.

"Please be polite, and use common sense."

A fluttering beat of the ghoul's heart,

"Any questions?"

5. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer leaned attentively towards the Seneschal, showing her interest in her words. She accepted the Laws of the Domain and those for Elysium. She read them carefully, for as a wordsmith she respected contracts. As she competed the text, she offered them to Lyssa with a respected nod to the ghoul. Lady Chappelle had kept ghouls for the House and had treated her 'associates' well. She had expected the same of her student.
    At hearing of the absence of the Priscus, she wondered if the member of their Family was in good health, relatively speaking. The second thought was pure ambition after the position of Priscus.

"I do hope that the Bishop Priscus is well." She observed, attempting to hide naked ambition after the role of Priscus. She had no doubt that the ghoul was attentive and well adapted to how Kindred addressed her Mistress.

"No, Seneschal Hart. I have no questions." The Haunt grated. "I, Lady Jennifer Hazelton, Notary of the First Estate, do hereby swear to abide by the Laws of Sacramento as written."
    She swears the Oath with formality, somber and attentive. She believed that Oaths were the backbone of the Invictus. The Oaths that bound obedience to the Prince were vital to the peace and prosperity of all Kindred.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"As do I," Alice agrees, and she did, though of course, Patience's absence meant many things, the loss of another Haunt, yes, the loss of the helm of a Covenant for the Nosferatu, but, another of the Clan will be elevated in her place.

"I thank you for your Oath, it means more that it has been volunteered instead of asked of." Alice takes the moment for that to press into her Cousin, before continuing on with her task, "Please consider yourself Acknowledged in the Domain of Sacramento, you can now feed in the communal areas of the city, if you need a refresher for that, a map has been provided, along the common areas of Elysia," Alice did indeed need her binders back. "You may also establish a basic Haven."

"We may regoin the others if you wish, Lady Hazelton."

You can raise your Domain status to 1

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"My gratitude," Seneschal, for your prompt attention." She bobbed respectfully.
    The Nosferatu was comfortable in silence for a moment as she regarded the Seneschal and ghoul both. She heard the message that her clan sister shared, acknowledging with a discreet nod. She carefully aligned the paper and binders in the manner that Lyssa had arranged them and presented them to the ghoul with a 'Thank you'.
    At the mention of others, Jennifer half turned. She was careful to step so that she did not show her back to the Seneschal or her ghoul in a snub. The newest Nosferatu surveyed the gathered Kindred in silence for a beat of the ghouls' heart.

"Do you have any one of interest you think I should meet?" She wondered quietly to her clan mate. "I would be pleased to converse with you, unless you have pressing matters to attend to. I understand you must have preparations with your promotion."
    She offered a polite acknowledgement if Alice did have many things to attend to over conversation.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice ducks her head in return, while Lyssa retakes the pages.

The Doll feels a comforting weight press down upon her, as eyes are no doubt taking in this interaction, her swift Acknowledgement of her Cousin. All forms had been seen too, and the oath given. All was well, Alice wasn't deluding herself into believing that she was untouchable now, no one was, but that they would find no fault in her actions as the Voice of the Unconquered Prince, she served Asa well, she's serve Ale the same.

"An argument can be made for everyone, of their worth to be met." comes the Doll's hollow voice, a contrary point to her Cousin's who's full of serpentine strangeness. "You have of course, met Keeper Wood, and Her Grace, who has suggested that I meet with Herald Jacque, and I will follow that example. To my knowledge there is no Harpy, and our Reeve has been quite reclusive." if he was still within the Domain at all, "Of course, I expect that you have already made inroads with Her Grace, Archon Twist," With Hazelton being an Invictus Lady she expected that letters were addressed to both Ale and Twist, Alice remembers a fair few letters of introduction crossing her magnificent desk that Lyssa read to her. "As she is the Prince's Archon, as well as your Judex, and Duchase." The Doll believed that that information was correct. It didn't seem that Lyssa was in a rush to tap her arm or shoulder. Ale would have mentioned if something...drastic had changed. Wouldn't she? "The Domain seems small in present nights. Although perhaps, I haven't been introduced, or reintroduced to those who are worth a recommendation of a meeting." Alice, pauses, "Have you heard any rumours on your way to Sacramento of a kindred you would like the pleasure of meeting?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considers this for several moments. As her cousin mentions everyone has their merits, she nods in agreement. She considers what she has heard, admitting.
    "I was a bit of a recluse in my years away from Sacramento. I was given a charge to learn and it consumed most of my waking hours. I do admit, I should have kept an eye out for changes en route to Sacramento." She mentions:

"Nothing I heard seems relevant. I would be curious about speaking to the Reeve to see if any need they may have." She turns to look over the gathered to determine who might be the Herald. That did sound interesting.
    "Small in numbers, yet talented at their positions, I am sure." Jennifer observed. "I admit, I had some concerns over Bishop Patience's absence, yet Keeper Wood and yourself handled everything masterfully." A compliment, but one sincerely felt.
    "I am concerned with the lack of other Family. I had been meaning to speak with Dirge about the Family's special place that she had maintained. I always wanted to become more involved. I do hope to see our Family grow in the nights to come. Sacramento offers such opportunity."

Indeed, she had been faced with some surprise at her ruined voice in other places. And Alice was granted an exalted position. This was a good city for Nosferatu.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I understand having your attention held by the internal, and your studies." She says, though her mind draws back to her mortal life, and not those of her kindred existence, if only to keep away from the pressing weight of the black.

"I suppose this means that there is simply more to learn, though a meeting with the Reeve wouldn't be remiss, even the most irrelevant detail might mean a great many more to those more security minded."

Alice ducks her head, a mocking smile stretching her lips, almost cracking the porcelain. "Thank you, it seems like my duties suit me well, feeling like putting on a well loved jacket."

The delight and joy of the conversation dies as the name passes Hazelton's lips.

"You will not see Dirge." Come the cold of the Wraith. "She is an enemy to the Domain. Willing and joyful leader of a cohort of Belial's Brood." she says, lost now to the memories of the fire bombing at the farm, the hunt for her inverted mirror. The fight where Dirge's dogs rent her asunder and the knowledge now that Ale let her go.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I would hope so," She replies. "- I wish to make myself useful to the Domain. Of course, he may already be served by better than I. I did enjoy being Reeve's assistant. Perhaps I may offer my knowledge and be called if there is ever a scene that needs my expertise. I do hope such scenes are rare. I would be glad to speak with you more at a later date as the evening grows long. "
    Jennifer is visibly shocked by Alice's words on Dirge. She was young. After a beat of silence, she managed.

"How upsetting that one of our Blood was an enemy of the Domain. I thank you for the knowledge, and I apologize. I had not known. I would like to meet with you later, if it would please you. I have much to catch up on regarding our Family." As the evening drew to a close, Jennifer made respectful goodbyes after the Seneschals response.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread