Guess Who I Saw Today

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Dry Hallow) End of Line
Jan 31, 2020 - Mar 30, 2020
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Shodan

Now that the large building of brick and wood is before him, Shodan can see the appeal this place might have. Raw walls covered with vine, custom tables and lightning really do create this down-to-earth atmosphere that fosters private chats with people you haven't seen for so long.

Old Soul Weatherstone.

Fortunately, the Prime Mover's clothes were pretty plain that day - nothing that'd attract attention of the Sleepers around. As he scans the area, Shodan notices he might have arrived first: no Abacus in sight. And so, the Obrimos takes one of the tables in the corner, with a good view on the front door. He'll see whoever enters and be seen by whoever enters. A minute later a cup of black liquid and some random pastry is laid before him. Shodan doesn't really care - you can almost see the gears grinding behind his eyes, trying to process this sudden return.

One question remains: is the Abacus now the same person he was when he left?

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Digital Networks)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

Abacus and his archaic headphones. Abacus and his coat. Abacus and his glasses. Now, soon to be Abacus and a piping hot cup of coffee.

Abacus and the Libertine.

When the Acanthus finally arrived, he went straight to the counter, ordered a black coffee with demerara sugar and a croissant and found himself sitting across from his former partner in Supernal wisdom. A peer.

"So, with no Cabal, you've found yourself...a support group?"
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

S
    Shodan

"I am a strong advocate of getting out of the office and seeking opportunities around the city" He answers, mixing sugar that isn't there in his coffee cup "I'd even say that keeping our eyes peeled is more important now than at any point since my transfer here"

Invisible frenemies. Jumpy Hierarchs. A bunch of new people knocking on their doors, heaps of mysteries creeping up on them and their knowledge of local magic still leaves much to be desired. Of course, all these things have to only be alluded to, if they are mentioned at all. This cafe might be better than some places to talk shop, but it's definitely not ideal.

"But yeah, I miss my study group. And yeah, the other two are probably on the other side of the world by now" And he should've seen this coming. Neither Langdon nor Kaster were exactly social pillars of the community "Where have you been? Here I was, thinking you've given up on us for good"

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

The sound of dialing numbers (phone, keypad, rotaries, calculators) echo in the ears of those in close proximity. Shimmering gold lettering take the form of flickering mathematical symbols that form complex equations in the air.

PRE

"I went away to see a friend across country."

A friend of his needed some money moved discreetly, along with several other persons-of-interest that needed to be scrubbed and re-mapped completely with new accounts. It was research-heavy cleaning at Fortuna Dex. Good money, though. And, it was the least he could do for a friend.

It was funny how he still had those, given the semi-charmed life of the Wise.

"What's important is that I'm back and you're just the person I needed to see and I'm perfectly willing to establish a quid pro quo with you in exchange for what I am about to ask."
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

S
    Shodan

Straight down to business. It's not something he expected from the Path of Thistle, although maybe he should have, in this case - Abacus was an accountant, after all, and time is money. Or so everyone claims.

"Well, ask away. I hope to be able to help"

He was willing to put in some work in it, go the extra mile, if need be. For reasons personal and political - Shodan needs some IOUs here fast, and chances are he's looking at a soon-to-be Acanthus Councilor. The Prime Mover takes a sip of his coffee and a bite of his pastry in a failed attempt to mask his curiosity.

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

"You ever listen to vinyl, Shodan?"

He clasped his hands and leaned forward in his chair, coffee still steaming between the two of them.
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

S
    Shodan

He didn't see that coming. Or how is this question relevant to anything.

"Uh, no?" The Obrimos can't hide surprise "I mean, yes, I have some I bought on the local flea market on the cheap, but generally it's too vintage for yours truly" Given his Legacy and mundane training, it shouldn't be surprising he prefers the digital formats "Why?" And something told him Abacus isn't looking to chat about music tastes.

Contacts (Finance)
    Contacts (Academia)
    Trained Memory
    Abacus Scenes
    Abacus

PRE

"There's an album that had a limited press in the early 2000s with an even rarer vinyl release. Industrial rock covered head to toe in Free Council advertising. It's called Dark Revolution. Your people have it. I need it."
    Acanthus | Mysterium |

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

ST NOTE

Its good to see people engaged with the Mage material. However, for something like this, you need ST input (i.e. I need to come up with a plot).

Its doable.

Just let me know.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

ST NOTE

Its good to see people engaged with the Mage material. However, for something like this, you need ST input (i.e. I need to come up with a plot).

Its doable.

Just let me know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread