Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Circle of Creation Wild New Years Traditions
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Wild New Years Traditions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Shaman's whistle can be heard resonating throughout the Cathedral as he skips along. The tune, "Here We Come A-Wassailing, is off key here and there, but he's very much in the moment. In one hand he carry's that old large black leather bag doctor's bag. in the other hand he carries a step ladder. From inside its depths he pulling out large round bulb plants, with the bulb wrapped in tin foil. He is stopping at each door way and using a small hammer and nail to hang the foil wrapped plants at the top of the frame. A quick look around the Circle reveals that he's been rather thorough with his ornaments.

This is will be a short little scene as I'll be closing it on New Year's Day for continuity.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Leaning against one of the arches supporting the central nave, the Guardian can't help but wonder about the kind of game the Thyrsus is playing. Smoke comes from his mouth, as the cigarette between his lips slowly becomes cinder.
    "We have a Garden below the Circle, you know?"

S
    Shodan

From time to time, Shodan was coming to the Circle even between meetings, just to assess if the part dedicated to the Free Coucil was still standing and in passable condition. Sure, he didn't need it at the moment, and from what he could tell neither did the other Libertines, but it's nice to have options.

The Obrimos comes out of it and into the central nave just in time to catch the beginning of a conversation.

"Gentlemen" He addresses them both at once, but then turns to Anima "What are you planting there?"

I guess if we want to, we could ask Yumyumcrow really, really nicely if they'd be okay with making it a Sticky scene, entering continuity on the day of its opening

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Shaman grins, his eyes a little two wild in his moment of jubilation, his whistling pauses and he pulls a rattle made of bone and dried beans, shaking it at the two men before dropping it back into his bag.

“Gentlemen! Merry New Year! To you, and your wassail too! This tradition began in Ancient Greece. Worshipers of Pan hung skeletora, or giant sea onions above their doors to pay tribute to Pan. In the morning they’ll be taken down, and young ones are awoke by a wack on their noggins to WAKE THEM UP! And bring good fortune.”

He pulls one the or “ornaments” from his bag, peeling away the foil to reveal the onion inside. “You see the sea onion, continues to grow and add layers even after being dug up, even in the harshest of conditions. It’s a very hardy root vegetable. It’s often been associated with the primal wild in a number of cultures because it can persist. Isn’t that fascinating?”
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Great, more Shaman animistic bullshit. Was Aurora the only sane one? What's next, piss on the lawn to obtain a lil bit of sympathy?
    He doesn't say much, just looks at Shodan and shrugs.

S
    Shodan

"That's... good to know" An interesting snippet of knowledge, perfect for a pub quiz or to appear marginally more interesting at a party "I just hope you don't plan on sneaking into my house to smack me on the head, or I will need to learn how to set up Space Wards pronto" And he had more pressing areas of study now. Electronics were enough, for the moment.

Shodan gives the Guardian a sidelong glance as he shrugs. It was always hard to tell with this man if he's more displeased than the average, but if the silence was anything to go by, he didn't appreciate the Shaman's gesture much "What?" He asks the stoic man, his expression puzzled, before basically answering himself "Traditions. I get it, I do. They're a great way to keep people enslaved. Limitation is literally in their job description. But even if they aren't a shard of the good ole' days, they can be a testament to Sleeper creativity and sense of wonder. And that's something to work with, at least" Humanity is magical. Of course, the Guardians disagree.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"Hmmmm....Hmmm! Oh Yes! That's an interesting way of looking at it." He gets a far away look on his face.

"Imagine! Plato, Aristotle, sitting around arguing the finer points of existence, then going home and hanging vegetables around their house. Then next day they try to wake people up by bonking them on the head, and 1 out of a hundred just happen to WAKE UP. Magic! Now what is really interesting in my humble opinion is how vegetables can be incorporated as a focus for spells. A LIVING focus! Just incredible, for example, when I first learned to see into the spirit, I would take onion and cut it, the vapors stinging my eyes and focusing to see them beyond the physical. Tradition, yes, has been captured by the powers that be and used to hold the young into old thoughts, but also, they are are based in things that worked. They came to be for a reason, they get warped and twisted like a game of Ultimate Telephone, but they truly hold some wonder. Have you ever met a hedge magi? I haven't, but I believe there are humans out there who still have the ability to manipulate reality as we do in the most basic sense. Their scientists have figured out ways to see through objects and look at blood molecules so anything truly is possible. But, I digress.

No I won't be bonking you on the head Mr. Shodan, thought Supernal knows you might need it for time to time, you are are a stubborn one, and Mr. Winter, I won't be bonking you either, though Abyssal below do you need a bit of joviality and frivolity in your life. You both take yourselves far too seriously, and while my professional opinion was neither asked for or desired, I can do know harm, so for the good of you both, please try to be more open and more fun. You're not escaping this corporal existence alive, so enjoy it! "
    The Shaman finishes his long-winded speech by throwing something green in the air like confetti, the smell identifying it as basil.
    Con Spells Cloaked

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

For one, he was glad this guy was a Libertine. It meant the rest of the orders didn't have to bear with the burden of his presence.
    "Doctor, just like multiple people agreeing on something doesn't mean they're right, a tradition is just the repetition of something until it becomes a praxis. As fascinating as your tale might be, its age doesn't make it any more truthful in my eyes. And that is even before we factor the Lie in"

S
    Shodan

Mr. Shodan? It was genuinely hard to tell if the Shaman was trying to be polite or insulting.

"First of all, I like my stubbornness just fine. I mean, if Washington wasn't stubborn while crossing the Delaware, where would we be now?" Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph, or so Paine wrote "Second of all, I lack nothing in the 'fun' and 'open' qualities. Stick around, doc, and you may yet see it" There was no barb in his words. The eccentric Thyrsus was kind of endearing, and besides - last thing the FC needs is to give an appearance of a rift in front of a Guardian.

Which is why Shodan now needs to address the Awakened spy.

"I don't think age is remotely the point" No, that'd be the Diamond you're thinking about. 'It's always been this way' is their chief argument, after all "The story has value, because it captures the teeny tiny bit of the otherworldly that the Sleepers pursue. You gotta leave breadcrumbs on your doorstep for the pixies. Rusty nails in lemons grant protection from evil" And many, many others. Indeed, the similarities between them could only serve to strengthen the point that these tales are echoes of the Supernal "Now you could say: aw, but this is all Exarch propaganda! The thing is: is it? Or is it a clumsy attempt at holding on to the magic we all have?" It may sound childish, naive, like some 'moral' from a Disney kid's movie, but it's true. Humanity is magical.

Human works hold arcane secrets.

"Either way, the Exrchs will sell us the rope with which we'll hang them"

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Shaman’s eyes twinkle, of course this fellow Libertine gets it.

He reaches into his bag and offers Winter a pomegranate with a smile.
    Con Spells Cloaked

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread