Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Loss of Another

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Abe and I didn't see eye to eye. We had problems and he rubbed me the wrong way. But he was still a part of my Court! My troop! It must be protected and the killer needs to be super dead!"

Her hands curled into fists, but she then forced herself to stand up from her hunched posture and take a few deep breaths. Sonnie worked to push back her feral side and calm herself. If she didn't regain some balance, she knew she probably would end up breaking things.

It wasn't easy. She squatted on the floor when she stood, eyes closed as she focused. "Why... why did Circe set fire to the place?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

2. Likes , Vincent liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

All this talk of death made her even more uncomfortable.
    "We should proceed as soon as the Lord of Dread has confirmed the content of this... bottle? But how do we know that whoever did this acted out of malice rather than concern for their own well-being", their spirits were inflamed by vengeance, but what if whoever did this acted in self preservation? They couldn't rule out the possibility that with their trespassing, Abe and Circe had been labeled as dangers, "it is unfortunate, but we might have invaded somebody else's haven. Think about that for a minute. Should somebody armed invade this Tavern, wouldn't we retaliate?", it pained her to admit this, but the entire accident could be the result of a misunderstanding. And in that case, Abe's death would have been meaningless.
    Circe had the manners of an elephant in a China shop and the fiery temper of an enraged Gorilla, a stranger could have mistaken her and her ilk - Abe in this instance - for a threat.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

4. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

There was a shrug, “I’m not completely sure of that one. But I would guess it was to buy us some time to get out of the building. Or her way of flipping them off. Either way, it should put a damper in whatever they’re doing there.” Though it might make it a bit more difficult to get back in.
    Wait, we?

“I would rather not put anymore Spring in danger. We don’t know what we’re dealing yet, how dangerous this is going to get.” This was about protecting her Court now. “And,” her voice breaks slightly, “I don’t know if I could handle losing either of you.” Probably not. Wouldn’t go well.

“You raise a very good point Titania, we don’t know. We went into this place blind, only planning on scouting it quietly, get more information before proceeding. If whoever killed Abraham did it out of self-defense, we need to know. I won’t blindly kill someone without all the facts, there are two sides to every story. And we need to know.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Was Titania trying to be reasonable? Sonnie didn't want to be reasonable! She wanted to make someone hurt! The feral monkey inside growled in her head, and she shook it to quiet the inner animal.

"I get it. I'd be protective of my hideout, too. But a motel room isn't someone's Hollow. If Abe barged in on a guest, that's just an oopsie, not a death sentence!"

She wrapped her arms around her knees, hugging her legs to her chest, "I'm not saying we kill without being certain. Of course we gotta make sure! And I'd have a hard time buying self-defense. Abe was a lot of things, but he wasn't someone to attack without reason. His whole noble knight shtick wouldn't allow that, right?"

Sonnie looked up and towards the Emerald Queen, her eyes now more sad than angry, "I don't wanna lose you guys, either. We're... we're all that's left of the Spring Court now, aren't we?"

7. Likes liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She appreciated the sentimentalism, really. She just thought that in wake of their recent loss and before their mourning commenced, they would have to deal with the issue with expediency.
    "Sir Abe could be seen carrying a sword with him almost wherever he went. He also trespassed - while armed - upon somebody else's private property. Henceforth Queen Circe set the room, a hotel room, on fire. I'm saddened by this loss just as you are, but this wasn't an accident, it was the result of deliberate foolishness", between foolishness and courage stood a very thin line, that's not to say. This time, the toll for the crossing had been paid in full. "I'd like to investigate the place. Assisted by a bodyguard, of course"
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

9. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sera gets up and goes to Sonnie, wrapping golden arms around her, hugging her gently, “We are. But we’ll get through this and be stronger.” Her voice soft.

Looking to Titania, “You’re not wrong. But we don’t have the full story. His actions were stupid, but we don’t know what the motel is exactly yet. There are theories, and there are assumptions, but no facts yet. Which is what we are currently attempting to do, sort out the facts and deal with it.” If the motel was a Hollow or not, they didn’t know.

One thing stuck out. Circe starting the fire. Something felt off, and she racked her brain. Did Circe say she started the fire? Sera couldn’t remember. Shaking her head, “I don’t know if the grief and shock is affecting my memory, but I could be wrong about Circe and the fire. Everything happened so fast, the fire alarm went off, Circe appeared, and the news of Abraham. It’s a bit foggy, as I don’t remember getting to Enda’s.” she didn’t want to keep saying Circe did something if she didn’t remember correctly. “So lets drop the fire thing until I can clarify it with her, I don’t want to keep accusing her if I remember it wrong.” It was fair to Circe. Who had to live with seeing Abe’s dead body and the guilt. Some of the guilt Sera also held.

“No one is going back to the motel until I know what we are dealing with. There is more at play here then Abraham losing his life. People are going missing from this place, and as such, I will not risk another. Once Rhodes, Circe and I figure more out, a plan will be made. I’m sorry, but investigating where Abe passed is going to have to wait. The pressing matter of figuring out why people are going missing from there is taking priority. If people are being taken and sold, I will not put either of you in harms way. When the threat has been dealt with, and the motel safe, you’re welcome to investigate.” Not to mention it would be a liability to have to focus on keeping Titania safe. And if she couldn't put herself in danger, then Titania couldn't either.

It was pointed out to me that Circe didn't say she started the fire. So I misread. I'm sorry about that, it wasn't intentional.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

11. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie returned the hug, a little less than gently. The monkey was a hugger. Big surprise. "Ingrid left, Freya disappeared, that Kinessa chick wasn't here for more than a day. I can accept that we get a lot of drive-by members, or at least potential members. Someone getting killed, though... that's just a buffalo of a different color."

She tilted her head curiously, listening to Seraphina, "If you say so, Queenie. Not like I think Circe is the arsonist type, though I wouldn't put it totally past her. Summers love fire, right? Anyway, consider it dropped."

Then the Beast pulled back from the hug and gave the Nix a wry look, "Harm's way is relative. I'm a Claviger now, remember? My job is making sure you are safe. If there's a chance you'll run into Abe's killer, how can I not be there to guard you? I'd never forgive myself if you got hurt - or worse - because I wasn't there to do my job."

She turned her head to look at Titania, and smiled, "That goes for you too, Starlight. Clavigers don't just guard the monarch, but also other important members of the Spring Court. You might not have a fancy title, but you're important. When Sera gives you permission to investigate, I'll be there to shield your hot bod from hobgoblins, privateers and creepy dudes!"

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A solemn nod, “I understand that. I’ve seen many friends come and go since I’ve been here. But knowing one is dead, is,” a pause and slight shudder, “just beyond words for me.” But it was also part of their reality.

Though she did wonder what evidence the fire destroyed. Would any part of Abe be left? Would they have anything to bring back and pay respects to?

A warm smile was offered to the Beast, “You are right. But you should remember I’ll have not only Circe with me, but Rhodes as well. Who has made it quite clear that I’m not to put myself in harms way. Since becoming Queen, I’ve kind of felt this need to protect you guys, to do everything in my power to keep you both safe.” She knew it was not as reassuring as she hoped it would be. “But we’re going in more prepared this time, more careful and from what Circe says, well-armed.” Reaching over, she squeezes Sonnies hand, “Plus, we have way too many movies to watch, ice cream cakes to destroy and girls nights out to have.” A wink.

“She’s right, you’re important to this Court and this Freehold. And I’m sure your skills will be very useful once we’ve taken care of the threat.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

14. Likes , Abyssalstar liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"That's what a good monarch should do, right?" Sonnie asked, looking between the two Fairest, nodding her head, "Look after their subjects! You're great at this job already, Sera."

She smirked as she clasped the Nix's hand in both of hers, "And what better way to be prepared than bringing your Claviger? I also have some of those healing goblin fruits. The ertwens are in season and I'm packing a couple peas around for emergencies."

Her expression became more serious as she realized something, "Maybe if I'd been there, I could have fed them to Abe..."

16. Likes liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Her cheeks flushed slightly at the compliment, “Thank you, that means a lot.” And it did, maybe more than Sonnie would ever know.

Smiling, “I didn’t know you were harvesting goblin fruits, those will be very beneficial to the Freehold. Though I hope you were safe while in the Hedge.” She adds with a wink. Knowing the Beast was very capable, but, she still worried.

“We can’t focus on the maybe’s and the what if’s. The best we can do is always be better prepared going forward. If looking into something, always have someone with you, never go alone.” A look to both Springs. “I’ve been beating myself up about it as well, wondering if I was there if I could have saved him, stopped the bleeding. But he wouldn’t want us beating ourselves up about it.”

A deep sigh, “I need to get back and see how Rhodes is doing with the bottle. Should probably bring him something to eat too.” Cause knowing him, he was too focused on the bottle and nothing else. “Are there any other questions I can answer?”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread