Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
(Bad House) House Call - Page 6
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
(Bad House) House Call

(BH) Mutant Spider Extermination 101
Mar 6, 2020 - Mar 23, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"I'd scream. Loudly. In a register you wished only dogs could hear."

I am Jack's painful sincerity.

"I have, like, a super low pain threshold. You know that saying 'No Pain No Gain'? Mine is 'No Pain No Pain'. I once had this ingrown toenail, right? And this little girl stepped on it on the subway and I passed out," he elaborates with a quiet earnestness. "It's terrible, I know. But it's only fair that you both know that my approach to decision making in creepy houses puts 'me not getting any owies' way, way up at the top."

It's best for everyone, really. They had no idea of the raging hell that would blast into Sacramento if he got hurt.

"I've also got Neosporin in this pack and I'm not afraid to use it."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The Thyrsus follows the Mr. Fit AF, keeping behind the man until they spot the strange THING. Fascinated, Anima whispers to himself as a an imago flares and he adds another layer to his vision. Unmoving he stares at the cocoon, minutes ticking by, examining it spiritual and as a living being might be still inside.

Pulse of the living world and scrutiny
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-23 14:23:03 Anima rolls 6 to Scrutinize Object, identity first (10 Again) 1, 1, 2, 5, 1, 8 1 success
    2020-01-23 14:22:50 Anima rolls 6 to Scrutinize Object, identity first (10 Again) 7, 6, 9, 6, 3, 1 1 success
    2020-01-23 14:22:39 Anima rolls 6 to Scrutinize Object, identity first (10 Again) 8, 2, 1, 4, 7, 6 1 success
    2020-01-23 14:20:34 Anima rolls 5 to Pulse of the living world (10 Again) 2, 3, 10, 6, 8, 6 2 successes
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

"Please don't scream," Phoenyx says, the edge of a smile touching her lips as she continues to watch the edge of the door, her head torch illuminating the mucus-encrusted doorframe. "Just play nice, both of you."

Passed out from ingrowing toenails? That was a world of oversharing. On the other hand, Star is apparently full of self preservation. That works. Made her job easier.

The Arrow looks at her phone at he text from Kaze, then up at the mucus surrounding the door. "It's.... a cocoon," she says, gesturing. "They're heading up the other side."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes , Cayce, Ruach liked this post

Morgan

(Omnivision)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

While she found it so, so tempting to put Star's claims to the test (she really wanted to hear that scream), or at least play the, "oh yeah? Well I'm such a scaredy cat" game with him, Phoneyx's report interrupted the joking mood she'd been trying to build.

"Oh, dip! Did you just say there was a fucking cocoon? Like a moth cocoon? Did we accidentally find Mothman's baby mama or something?" Morgan chirped up from the back of the room.

Part of her was still unbelieving, yet staring up at those mucousy holes kinda helped put things in perspective. Which meant, of course, that whatever made this Cocoon thing must still be here.

Focusing her will, Morgan wove an even tighter fold of Space around her eyes, one that would give her complete and total vision.

"I've got my 360s on now, so quick, help me get up and look through one of these holes! Boost me, or help me find a chair or something."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-25 18:42:04 Morgan rolls 5 to Omnivision (space+gnos+exaff) (10 Again) 10, 9, 7, 6, 4, 3 2 successes

8. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

If they weren't on the wrong side, he'd already be working the hinges. As it was? Well, it wouldn't be that hard to get the jamb off.

"I think we should leave it? Like. Usually whatever is inside a coccoon is in kind of a, uh. Stasis? Hibernation? So it's not doing anything... unless we wake it up. We still need to check out the attic and possibly a basement. Mothman's, uh," he looked at Morgan, "'Baby ma' isn't going anywhere and we can save it for last."

That's a totally good, rational plan, right? It's Plan A for Phoenyx. Right. Plan B...

"Or set it on fire and let the house burn down."

Hey, he's an Angel. There's very little on this mortal coil that some righteous fire won't solve.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Ruach, Cayce liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Kaze and Anima move cautiously on the landing.

The cocoon is wedged firmly on the wall, using elements of the bedroom door's frame, and the ceiling, to give it some stability. A patina of solid mucous, thick and ropey and layered, is spread along the wall, ceiling, and door space. To get to the bedroom, one would have to remove the cocoon and clear off a lot of the... stuff...

Anima is busy with Scrutiny as his Sight shifts to focus on the resonance of living beings...

The human in the cocoon is dead.

The coccoon's material has an otherworldly glimmer to it, indicating a supernatural - but perhaps not Supernal - origin. There is an aura - a Signature to be found, but right now it escapes the Shaman's careful study. The cocoon has a faint Resonance of weaving - or more likely, the creator of the cocoon had that particular Resonance.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze glances around, and looks at Anima, staring at the caccoon. He notes the barrier the caccoon and its ‘nest ‘ presents and fires off a quick text to Phoenyx.

The way through to you is blocked. Looks like you guys should come around through the front door to our side, or we should go out and around to yours.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Phoenyx looks up at the holes in the ceiling. "I would like to find out what it is, before we torch everything," she says drily. "Maybe there are some clues up there."

Her phone blips again. She looks at the message. "They're outside. It's covering the door." The Obrimos texts back. Looking into some clues this side. Take a look around too. Any idea what's inside the cocoon?

She offers Morgan a hand up to the holes. "Come on Morgan. Up you go."

Rolling for teamwork to get Morgan up to the holes:

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-28 14:11:11 Phoenyx rolls 5 to Teamwork; Str+Athletics (10 Again) 9, 7, 3, 8, 5 2 successes
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

The eccentric shaman hmmmmms aloud.

"Case, take a look at that cocoon, it appears that the person inside it is dead. Perhaps you can uncover more about the cocoon. It has a weaving resonance... Some spiders create cocoons around their prey. Perhaps..."

He goes downstairs to the kitchen, rummaging through cabinets until he finds some Tupperware and a ladle. He quickly trots back up the stairs and scoops a glob into the airtight container, burps it, and seals it with the lid.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Morgan

PRE

"Dopedopedope," Morgan babbled, more to calm the sudden spike of adrenaline that came from realizing she was going to be sticking her head into a confined space with what was likely a monstrosity of mandibles and chitin.

She approached Phoenyx and placed a foot in the stirrup of her hands. She shot a look at Star, as if to emphasize the fact that she was going to be checking the attic, but she really shouldn't have. Because once Phoenyx went to hoist Morgan up, Morgan was focused on the wrong thing, and instead of getting a boost up to stick her head in a mysterious hole in the ceiling, she was sent catapulting into a wall.

"Waaah!" she cried, in the moment before she hit the wall and fell to the ground with an "ooof!".

"Totally not dope," she groaned, slowly picking herself back up.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-29 21:00:40 Morgan rolls 5 to up you go (str+ath+2) (10 Again) 2, 7, 7, 3, 6 failure

19. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, liked this post
Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread