Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cordial smile of the Lord twitched lightly as Hazelton asked her question, Lenora's quiet pride becoming apparent.

"The offer of my assets you mean? It was indeed unprompted," she said, the ease of her tone signifying her sincerity, "It is my understanding that the President sees matters of security as a company-wide concern and it is the expectation that all do their part to assist the endeavors or the good captain's investigations. The offer was my attempt to contribute, though I have also informed the captain that should he need access to my network for security reasons, I will facilitate his access without compensation. I admit though that this good will would not extend into his personal ambitions beyond his office."

A nod is offered.

"Well said, though it was not the testing itself that concerned me so," Lenora replies, "Forgive me if I was unclear. My concern lies predominantly with the individual selected and his lack of affiliation with security. If you knew Mr. Kind, I feel you would understand. He is a man of suspicious values and has grated against the President's authority."

Lenora grants a slight shrug as Hazelton ponders the possibility of unintentional dishonesty.

"Alas, I cannot say, Miss Hazelton. As I've said, I know only what I have heard," she admits, reminding the assembled Haunts of her previous declaration, "All I can say with a certainty was that Mr. Kind signaled a desire to test defenses in the Lounge, the President and Miss Troise were concerned, and that, following Kind's departure, Miss Wood stated he was working with the captain. What you suggest is indeed possible, but, having been ousted from the dialogue, I cannot say for certain. However, Miss Wood did suggest she and Miss Troise meet - privately - to discuss the matter. I know not if that meeting has occurred."

A pause is allowed for the Haunts to digest her admission.

"I freely admit that I have not looked into the matter myself," Lenora adds, "Given Miss Wood's response, I felt it necessary to avoid such investigation. My place here is becoming more secure as the months tick by, but I do not have the authority or good will to combat Miss Wood should she desire to dismantle my burgeoning establishment."

Then a revelation hits her eyes and Lenora's head tilts to the Blind Doll.

"Of course, I mean no disrespect, Miss Hart," she offers, "I may disagree with the ambiguity of the situation's resolution, but I do not bear Miss Wood any ill will. She has done well in her capacity, though it seems we may often be at odds. Perhaps she feels my debate is a signal of desire for her station? Would it be possible to relay a message to her that this is not the case? My ambitions lie elsewhere."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice holds herself back, at least verbally. Allowing for her Cousin and the Lord to speak, it did no good for two to ask the same question to the one with answers. Voices grew lost when moments like that happened.

"With the various threats I was present for during my tenure, I understand why our President is as security minded as she is. Before inheriting, she was Head of Security." Alice says, it was safe to assume that Hazelton hadn't known that, but BlackGreene, if she did, it was new knowledge for her Cousin, if not, then a sampling of backstory for them both.

"That, Mister Kind," a scoff, or as close to the noise that Alice can make, "I've heard much of him, mostly from our President herself, and what I have heard, has not be favourable." which, perhaps an understatement. Considering 'grating against the President's authority'

More questions raised, and Alice realizes that maybe her desire to see Twist should become an actuality rather then, a wish.

Alice laughs, halting and hallow, the amazing intricacies of the kindred mind.

"Of course," Alice nods, "I would not assume to know your ambitions, and if there is any misinformation floating around I will clear the air," with both Kindred knowing it was Alice to do so. Alice might need of a similar favour in the future. One never knew.

Sorry! Total brainfart, I could swear I was caught up!
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

3. Likes Stray liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods as she listens to Madame Green and Madame Hart.

"Offering one's own assets speaks highly of you," Jennifer remarked to Madame Greene. "No, I would not want to irritate someone who is recognized in the City." Jennifer agrees. "I know that historically, those who have the ... 'towns ear' do well for themselves; telling of others' deeds and so on."

Dealing with this uppity Unaligned socially seemed to be a done deal. From Madame Hart's disgust, it was clear that he was not held in high regard. She wondered if the Reeve shined him on if only to distract him. Madame Hart's speaking of clearing the air was given an affirming nod by Jennifer. She was not yet where she was accustomed to being, yet were she to rise there she would also speak of keeping the peace between Keeper Wood and Madame Greene.
    "I shall also assist if any misconceptions are voiced," She assures. " - in my position, I have to keep a reputation for being truthful."

Jennifer considers for a moment, silently thinking. The knowledge Madame Hart had offered up was filed away. Perhaps her former position as assistant could be helpful once again.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora nods as Alice shares the tidbits of Alessandra's history that she wished. That... made sense.

"Yes, the President's feelings regarding him are apparent," she said as Alice spoke of Alessandra's feelings towards Seth, "That said, I have not seen him since that fateful night. Perhaps the problem of Mr. Kind has resolved itself."

A smile is offered to Jennifer following the newcomer Returned's compliment

"It is only prudent,"
    she offers, "My expertise lie outside of the duties the Captain and his men must perform to ensure the company remains secure. My strengths lie within my finances and ability to network. Therefore, I must offer both to do my part."

Then a look between the two Haunts.

"I am most grateful for your assistance, both of you,"
    she says, "I understand that I cannot expect this without offering my own support in kind. Should it become necessary for you both to relay your support, I will grant you a favor in kind. You have my word and know that I am well aware that I cannot go against it. Would you agree the matter is trivial or does your knowledge prompt for a greater level of assistance?"

The question was mainly aimed at Alice, of course. Of the pair, she was the closest to Mable considering their shared covenant. If Alice felt the matter was greater than a trivial boon, Lenora would want to know why.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer's opinion of Madame Greene rose as she gave her reasons. The lady notary could not wait until someplace away from prying ears to have a more detailed conversation.

"Indeed,Miss Greene. I agree that it is a trivial matter. " Jennifer said simply, her desired response tempered by where they were and lack of privacy, both.

She felt Madame Hart's response would be more comprehensive and did not want to interfere with distraction.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A stilted nod, "One can hope, and pray that if it has, it will not cause and unfortunate....disturbance to our company." the population of Sacramento's Kindred was a fluid thing, but when one grew comfortable with that knowledge, the possibility of enemy action seemed distant, which, of course shouldn't be something forgotten.

A hollow hum, "I am glad of your dedication to the betterment of the...Company. Prudence, is one thing, but to be a miser is another."

As they walk and talk, Alice feels something settle at the base of her spine, this rigidity in the formality, the familiarity in the politeness, the vague dancing around the truth with subtle steps. Alice didn't know she had missed this.

"A trivial matter, yes." Alice ducks her head. Ear cocked towards the Notary. "Miss Wood isn't as aggravating as some that I have had need to speak with in the past." For all the Gangrel was Keeper, she was an Acolyte, they had done battle and learned harsh lessons.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A deep nod is offered to Hazelton. The serpent-tongued Haunt was proving quite pleasant. An alliance could potentially arise there, but Lenora would need to meet with her in a space that allowed more candid discussion. Out here the cattle might hear too much.

"I share the same wish," Lenora offers as Alice speaks of the hope that Seth had left willingly rather than as the result of the actions of an enemy, "However, until the captain resurfaces or another is assigned, it is difficult to assess. Our world is best approached with a sense of vigilance regardless of one's position, but even so the uncertainty of it all can be... disconcerting."

Lenora disliked not knowing things. She knew the identity of Lenore Greene was secure, but if Mr. Kind had been taken out and spilled the beans on Sacramento's Kindred during questioning from Hunters the preparations that had gone into her public identity would mean nothing. The thought was pushed aside for now.

At the comment of misers, Lenora chuckled. Alice seemed to understand Lenore's approach.

"I will admit some of my wealth is allocated for greater comforts," Lenora says, more than happy to admit she was not one to live modestly, "but there comes a time anyone of the same status in the company needs to bear in mind the benefits of contribution. Contribution breeds new relationships and strengthens allegiances. I would sooner wish to be proven a beneficial ally and remain in the company of collaborators rather than become seen as a liability to be preyed upon."

Lenora's shoulders rolled slightly as the pair agreed to trivial boons, as if some burden had been lifted from her shoulders.

"Excellent, I am pleased we could reach an agreement. In exchange for your efforts in maintaining my good name, I will afford each of you a favor in kind,"
    she said, "With our current vacancy in communications, I will inform the President's PR manager in order to ensure their is some record of our accord in order. Naturally, I will not object if you choose to keep a record of it yourself, Miss Hazelton, considering your... profession."

10. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The Notary nodded to Ms. Hart. "Indeed, I agree with you, Ms. Hart. Perhaps it is already addressed. As the head of the company has a history with the Law, no doubt she and those she surrounds herself with have already spotted the potential threat. I may have been a bit of an alarmist." A bit of a modest smile, affable. Alice Hart
    The Nosferatu watched the Doll for a few moments, regarding her capable and astute observations. It would be a pleasure to be in the same Family as someone so clever. She also felt that the Invitation to the Necropolis pulling at her. Perhaps she could assist in its restoration to former glory. Ms. Black's observation regarding restoration of what had been lost had been filed away, buffed and smoothed like a fine gem as Jennifer had considered it during the conversation.

She attends Ms Black closely, leaning in with interest and nodding over 'benefits of contribution'. She had been proud to provide what her largesse afforded in past investigations. Did she miss being apart of past investigations?

Jennifer inclines her head at the mention.
    "Yes, I will make a note of it, Miss." Lenora
    She was very interested in Miss Black's past, for she functioned like one trained in the First Estate through Manumission. Was her thought correct? It could not be verified here, a small annoyance.

"I must say,"
    She looks between the two women. "I have found this conversation most refreshing. Would you, Ms. Hart, and you, Ms. Black, care to meet with me soon where we could speak more freely? I would enjoy getting to know the both of you."

Perhaps they would also enjoy getting to know her as well. One of her first priorities would be establishing herself within the First Estate; and allies would be a balm in the cold night.

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It can be," she answers Greene, "Such is the nature of Sacramento. I could offer soft words, of the times where such quick disappearances were nothing more then a rat turning tail, but, I do not think that any of us should loos our edge, when," never if, "Such an instance is...more."

Alice hums, nodding, stilted and jerking, as she agrees with the Lord. "My life was filled with comfort, and with the newer chapters in my life, I have been striving to always keep that level of comfort." She knew hardship now, true tribulation, and when she drew breath, she was mistreated, but she was never abused. "To ensure that those of our company likewise are comfortable, is a goal. We wish to keep them, within our employ, yes?"

More nodding, jerking and disquieting, as the Lord announces her plans. Alice, motions discreetly for Lyssa to make note. Mental for now. One never knew when one needed more proof of Boons owed. Not that she distrusted the Venture precisely, but they were all monsters here, and one never, really, knew.

"I would enjoy that, Miss Hazelton." Alice says, meaning it, though who knew what her Curse made of the sentiment. "Now, forgive me if you've already said, but I am curious over where each of you found yourselves before Sacramento." a moment, "The first, or second time, Miss Hazelton."

Sorry about another late reply!

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's smile remained.

"If any of our colleagues required soft words, I would begin to wonder if they were... properly educated,"
    she offers, "Our place is not for the meek."

Another nod is granted to the Doll, though Lenora knew well enough that Alice could not see it.

"Comfort is earned, of course. "
    she replies, expanding on the Nosferatu's statement, "If a colleague proves a capable ally, I see no reason not to assist in the growth of their assets."

The Lord offered Miss Hazelton a glance, her brow peaking lightly at the offer of a private conversation.

"Certainly, Miss Hazelton, I find my nights quite open,"
    she says as her hand deftly dips in her pocket and retrieves a business card holder. Holding out one to Jennifer and another to Alice Lyssa. It possesses her alias, Lenore Green, and a cell phone number. "My contact details."

Blue eyes find the Doll's amethyst glasses.

"I was raised in Montana, but my... long education took place in Philadelphia,"
    she says. Lenora did not shy away from her past, "And yourself, Miss Hart?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread