(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was always annoying when a weak Beast entered the room. The Savages own Beast taking notice and wanting nothing more then to strip the flesh from the bones and make its own art with the bloody husk.

But Ale shoves it aside, they knew this weak one. And yet it seemed they were playing coy this evening. A game she knew.

A nod and smile were offered, as the Lord had yet to really address her.

Her attention shifts back to Jean, “Do any of these students show promise in your opinion? As a collector, I know there are always students who show promise, and those who, well, simply don’t.” they thought they did, but they didn’t. “And I am very interested in the Charity aspect of it. Should I be able to find pieces suitable for my collection, I will happily become a donor.” Money wasn’t the issue. It was talent.

Smiling, “Please, just Sophia. And grazie, I may take you up on that. I find that my tastes tends to be," a pause, "I'm trying to find the right English word, eclectic?” that sounded right.

The smile was then offered to Adam, “Pleased to meet you Adam. And yes, it is literal. I tend to leave the more public handlings to those better suited for it. And you’re too kind, but it’s that spotlight that is best used on others.” Like Lenora. Ale just pulled the strings, broke the legs and provided the money. “I have quite a few things I do. I run a few businesses as well as own real estate. And yourself?” why was it easier to socialize with cattle?
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

(Bookkeeping - Blush for Public Scenes)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh please do," Lenora says as Jean affirms he will pass along the compliment. The act could only serve to secure her alliances and build new ones. "As for my friends, I am certain they are around here somewhere, but, for the moment, I am quite content with my current company, though I am willing to pass along their contact details when this is done."

After all, Lenora was not lying. She had nothing to hide if Jean or the other organizers wished to look into her social circle. And the identity of Lenore Greene was more than secure.

"I'm certain you could assist, but I do not yet know what I am after," Lenora said, her tone remaining on the edge of friendly, "In truth, I recently purchased a small piece for a colleague I admire. And now, dreadfully, I have the want to treat myself." The last statement was said with clear humor, Lenora was not actually saddened to be shopping for herself. She was delighted.

As Alessandra Sophia smiles and nods, the Hidden Lord's own smile twitches slightly wider before she too nods in acknowledgement. Her eyes linger on the Raven haired Prince for a moment, before her eye catches Adam studying her dress. She returns the glance in kind, her eyebrows perking in interest as she took in his fashion.

"Eclecticism is something you two have in common it seems," she offers, "You both look lovely. Regretfully, I have always struggled with such ventures. It takes a certain abundance in comfort, I think."

Her head tilts lightly as Sophia speaks of her nature, but does not offer more than she has already. Her comment on their fashion was meant to gauge their want to engage. If they responded well, Lenora would choose to ingrain herself in their discussion more firmly. If not, she would dismiss herself. Lenora has already forcefully entered herself into their conversation, pushing to join their dialogue further would be risky. Worse than that, it would be rude.

4. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post
    P
    Papilio

Sophia seemed interested enough... And if her attire and words so far were anything to go by, certainly wealthy enough. "Many students show promise, though it would depend on your views. Ms. Braun over there, her works are heavily inspired by abstraction- she's gained quite a bit of attention in more modern circles lately. Mr. Alloros' works, on the left side, are inspired by traditional oil portraits- genuinely stunning, I think- and by the look of it many members here might request their own pieces." If someone were interested in having a portrait of themselves.

Towards Ms. Greene. "I would very much enjoy thanking them later, yes- their names would be enough." Papilio would include it in the letters he sent to everyone. "Mmm... Most of the pieces here are for sale, and if you like their work the vast majority will accept commissions." A portion of the profits from either would support the charity, so Jean saw fit to advertise. "Or, if none of the work here interests you, I can provide names for some artists that were unable to attend tonight's event." He'd wanted to provide a variety of styles for the event- but unfortunately, this left several talented students at the wayside. There would be other events.

To Shodan. "I was an artist when I was younger, and have always wished to support the work. They also provide a perfect platform for the charities here." One that he was in need of. "I am glad to have been able to help both."

S
    Shodan

A businesswoman, is it? But probably the fun kind, not those boring human-shaped suits only interested in flowcharts or dilettantes born into wealth without any clue about reaining it "I used to be a software developer in one of the Silicon Valley corps, which is exactly the kind of hellish nightmare you imagine it to be. Now I work freelance on hardware and software of all kinds. It pays surprisingly well, so well in fact that I may start my own thing sometime in the future" But it was still years away. Collecting the money, personnel and paperwork would take months, and that's after he decides to actually do it.

"I don't think you struggle. Like, at all" Have you looked at that dress? That's not Cinderella wearing a ball gown for the first time in her life, that's someone who could walk right into the Queen of England's house and nobody would notice "Thanks for the compliment, even if it's not entirely earned on my part. But yeah, I like to dress in things that are just outside of what you'd expect. It makes a statement, you know?" Some people contemptuously called it 'style over substance'. Shodan always responds that you just need to learn to see.

He turns curiously to the Mastigos "Was?" Obviously, the Obrimos doesn't need the concept of past tense explained to him. But he does wonder - and it shows on his face - why the past tense is there. It's not like artistry is so hard to practice once you have the sponsors and interested audiences, and Papilo here clearly knew people.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora was into art as well? Interesting.

“So few understand the significance of purchasing such gifts. And so few don’t appreciate it.” But then again, art was subjective.

“Thank you Miss Greene, though your dress is quite lovely as well.”
    Not something she’d wear, but it looked nice on the Lord. “Struggled? With the confidence you’re wearing that dress with, I don’t think you struggle. Now myself? Fashion is not something I spend much time on. My nights are busy, and worrying about if what I wear is fashionable just seems like a waste to me. Comfort and functionality are my main focuses.” Meaning could she still end someone with comfort.

A nod, “I have some abstract pieces in my collection done by an associate. Though I’ve learned with those types of pieces, it really needs to speak to me before I put too much effort into it. Currently I’m collecting pieces from the Romantic movement as well as pieces by Delaroche.” She was no expert on art, not yet. But she knew some artists and what she liked. The rest would come in time.

“Used to be an artist? Not something you enjoy doing anymore?” or did he fail?

Dark eyes shift, “As someone who doesn’t understand a whole lot about software, it sounds like a nightmare.” She had people do worry about those things. “But at least it didn’t turn off from the field. I always recommend doing your own thing. It’s not easy, but very rewarding.” Personal experience.

8. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod is granted to the greeter as he affirms his desire to learn of her friends. It would only serve to establish her legitimacy. A small win, but a win nonetheless.

"Very good, I will ensure I pass on their details before I leave this evening,"
    she says.

Lenora grants Adam and "Sophia" a flattered look. The expression was genuine, albeit possessive of a quiet sense of pride.

"My choice of words was poor, perhaps," she offers, "I am very comfortable with fashion in many senses. However, both of you show an affinity for more eclectic styles, which is an affinity I do not possess."

Beautiful as her dress was, Lenora's look was of a more traditional fashion. Many of her looks were. The alternative tastes of the Prince and her newfound companion were not something Lenora felt she could effectively emulate. The most daring Lenora tended to get was putting on pants, but the looks were often still somewhat refined and quite ordinary in the modern day.

"Frankly, if I wore either of your outfits, I fear it would come off as disingenuous,"
    she continues, "Confidence makes the look. Hesitation can only serve to tarnish an image."

As the conversation turned to art, Lenora's expression beamed a bit.

"Oh? I adore Romantic art, particularly from the Baroque period,"
    she offers, "but I also have a soft spot for Art Deco. The symmetry of many of the pieces in that era are... soothing."

As Adam and Sophia announced their interest in Jean's exit from artistry, Lenora remained silent. A third voice could stifle the man, but the Hidden Lord nonetheless expressed her interest with a perk of her brow and a soft smile. If Jean was comfortable enough in their current company, he would surely share, but his past was his. Lenora could not in good conscience force his voice.

Not when she had nothing to gain anyway.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Papilio

Shodan as a software designer? Papilio wasn't at all capable in that field, but that Shodan was currently happy- and had plans for the future- was good to hear. "To each their own. We all have our paths- that we enjoy them is what makes it important."

Oh. He'd said a bit too much- now eyes were on him. "Ah... A brush with death shuffled around my priorities, and by the time I recovered my interests had waned. Pottery was my specialty- I could still perform the craft, if I wanted." A fellow mage would probably see more in the brief tale. Awakening didn't guarantee a change in the self, but it was a possibility. Regardless, it wasn't as if he kept his past secret- he simply hadn't been in the city long enough for his past to become known in these circles.

A nod to Ms. Greene, at her remark to send information. Then a light smile at her refined explanation of attire. "I can relate to that. Some of the critics here carry themselves and their outfits with a grace I do not think I could match- and I expect many of the businessmen here would have difficulties as well in that regard." Whether they were suits or strange arrays of sashes and belts and other fine things- everyone had that which they were comfortable in.

And as she spoke of symmetry, the Frenchman saw perhaps a kindred soul. "There is something pleasant about Deco, I agree. It turns posters, walls, even buildings into ah... Cohesive images? A sort of glue? If that makes sense." Then towards Sophia- "I do not think I could point you to any merchants of authentic Delaroche or Romantic pieces here- none that you would not already know of- though I could perhaps point you to some collectors overseas?" Granted much of his contacts in that area had dried up, but he could always ask inquire into old channels. And with the way this event was turning out it seemed the Mastigos would likely be able to expand his reach.

It was a good night.

S
    Shodan

"I think if you wanted to get Romantic paintings, you might be a bit late to the party. About two hundred years late, give or take" He says with a small smile to the two women "I dig art deco, though. Always can appreciate a shot at modernity" Of course, if you asked Shodan to delve more deeply into the theory of it, the names and dates and places, he'd be at a loss. But he's been to New York City, and that's practically the same as graduating an art deco class

"Seems like I'm the person here least able to throw names around. But I don't feel particularly bad about it. Like a kid in a candy store, I just go with my gut and a sense of wonder" Which served him well so far, even if also earned an occasional eyeroll from more learned and restrained mages. Shodan doesn't comment on Papilio's half-explanation of the change in his career path. Nodding, as if in understanding. He didn't understand, not really - a near-death experience might have been Awakening or its immediate aftermath just as easily as a mundane event - but this is not the place to ask further.

He does, however, wince ever so slightly at the word 'pleasant', spoken by the Mastigos "Pretty clear that all three of you could run circles around me when it comes to art, so feel free to ignore my opinion, but. Art is not supposed to be 'pleasant'. I mean, if it doesn't make you think, what's the point? It should be provocative and challenging..." It should be awakening, you might say.

"Otherwise, it's just fancy and expensive wallpaper"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eclectic style? Her? That was a first, “So going with what’s comfortable is a good thing then.” She jokes with a wink.

Art deco wasn’t really her thing, but it was good to know what Lenora liked.

Kine could be cute with their little ‘brushes with death’. But did they really know what it was like to cross that threshold only to return? But she understood how it could change a person. “It’s interesting how events, such as the one you mention, can change ones outlook and direction.” However fleeting it was.

Smirking, “Oh, I wasn’t looking for merchants of those pieces. I already have authentic ones in my collection. I was simply referring to the style each artist paints. But thank you.” And she was sure her own contacts back home could help if she needed it.

An eyebrow arches, then a smile appears, “Only two hundred? We still have time then.” And if he only knew.

“Oh, I completely agree. I tend to choose pieces that spark conversations. I enjoy hearing different opinions and takes on various pieces. Not everyone sees the same thing and I find it fascinating. Which is why my favorite pieces in my collection are more abstract. Art seems to be one of the few things people can have civil and intelligent conversations about these days.”

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's smile twitched slightly wider as Jean spoke and revealed his similar tastes.

So agreeable.

She liked this Cattle.

"I agree, there is much to be said about the sense of structure and order it provides in architecture. However, even sculptures of the discipline can be quiet provocative. I adore the blending between classical techniques and the exploration of modernity in art those pieces evoke," she offers, venturing to address the subject more in depth.

A nod is granted to Adam as he explains his relative anonymity.

"I wouldn't have guessed, you hold yourself well," she says. The smile lessens lightly as he discusses art and wallpaper, but the look is not a malicious one, instead she appears engaged, critically thinking about the man's words.

"I can understand why you might feel that way," she continues, "but art is just as much about feeling as it is thinking. As in all things, art is on a spectrum. Some worry too much about aesthetic while others overly concern themselves with the message, I think. On one hand you end up with wallpaper and on the other you duct tape a banana to a wall. Both remain art in concept, it is just... poorly executed and often overly commercialized in the former case. Even then it has a place. Given the choice between blank walls and wallpaper, I will always choose the latter. It affords my guests a window into my own preference and image. In this way, the wallpaper does make you think."

Just her two cents.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.