Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(1912) New Waves

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"So...Winter, you're willing to be Councillor now? I can support that." Kaze nods slowly, "And...you're Sentinel now? I mean, Winter can just declare that? Or is that up to the Hiearch to name the Sentinel? I figure I might as well just ask you," Kaze says to Star, "since, you kinda seem to the the one everyone is asking or listening to for stuff now?"

Kaze looks at the others, "Sorry, I don't mean to be the guy making the class last longer by asking questions, I am just trying to get it straight what we just decided, and how it works now."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

It seemed decided. Or, near enough to move forward.

Phoenyx turns dark eyes slowly on Kaze. She just looks tired. "According to Sacramento's Charter, no magus may hold more than one official position in the Concillium. As Winter said earlier, he will need to resign from the post of Sentinel to become Councillor."

She shuffles slightly. "By the rules of the same, the Sentinel can deputise freely without approval for 72 hours, but needs the Hierarch's approval to deputise for longer. Since Star was appointed in the last Concillium of last year, I can anly assume that permission was gained from Campenalla." She looks between the Guardians for confirmation before continuing. "With Winter's resignation of the post, Star would have to be officially recognised by the Council as the new Sentinel." Which seemed likely, as he would be the only remaining holder of the position. At least there was continuity.

The Arrow shrugs. "I have no expertise in tracking down number plates. But should be needed, I believe you all know how to reach me." It was the same offer she made before, but this felt different somehow. Like she was between two tectonic plates pulling slowly in different directions. Part of a fractured whole. Eventually the cracks might erupt, and everyone might become better for it - if it didn't destroy them.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's the shirt, isn't it? Maybe it's the cup of noodles. Both absolutely say This Guy is making the right Life Choices and Knows Things.

"Oh, I'm just someone that's read the Charter," he clarifies to Kaze... then gestures at Phoenyx. "Like her. Life's a lot easier when the the first thing you do is, you know. Read the instruction manual."

Except for IKEA furniture. It's like they're written in Norwegianish, yo. Kind of like everyone treats the Charter. Or Lex. Like it's some indecipherable foreign language. Dollars to donuts says the same people don't even do their own taxes. Federal Tax Code? Now that's a real read.

"Although I like that idea? Being the guy with answers?" No he doesn't. It's terrible. Nobody woke up this morning thinking they'd like to be the Supernal Help Desk. "As long as it comes with perks. Like, does anyone know if there's reserved parking outside? That'd be sweet. I've always wanted my own parking spot."

Oh, god. The noodles are gone. What do?

"Also? Camper... uh, Campanella, didn't permanentify anything. Like. I have no responsibility here whatsoever."

Does this guy even look like a capital ess Sentinel?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Having no real, relevant answer to Winter's curtness, Star's slight sarcasm and the Consilium Charter 101 that seemingly needed clarifying, Shodan stays silent. Completely. Behold, for it is a rare sight to see this Prime Mover not arguing some case or other.

Instead, he observes. Eyes moving slowly between the mages, with special interest placed on Star and Kaze. He couldn't rightly tell if the ex-Arrow was his usual curious self, or if there was tension brewing. If the latter, it'd be the first he ever saw.

How curious.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He was starting to understand the mechanics.
    Kaze had been caught red-handed, and Star had blown the whistle. Two plus two gives four. It must be the reason, the Guardian concluded.
    "If you have a problem with it, do tell. And before things get blown out of proportion, understand that there is nothing personal in reporting a violation of the Lex", again, we learn by doing.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods to Phoenyx, "Thank you." he says.

He nods to Star also, sighing. "Okay, thanks. There is a lot, obviously, I don't know. That I should. I never met you before or heard of you, and the Hierarch, and everyone actually, seemed to know you and take your advice on things. I honestly couldn't tell if it was more than just pointing out things everyone should already know and be doing, or if you were coming back and used to be running things before or something. I can see, now, how it's just Wisdom being recognized for what it is, not people treating you like you're the boss come back from a long vacation."

Kaze listens to Winter and is quiet for a moment. Then he nods and says, "No problem here, Councillor Winter."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

10. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods at Star's response. "Then it lies with the Hierarch." A small shrug.

Looking around the room, there was an unusually quiet Shodan, a recognisably deferential Kaze, Winter's usual clinical nature and Star, who... Phoenyx didn't really know well enough to know if he was being usual or not. There seemed to be a range of feeling from awkward to comfortable? Maybe? It was always so hard for her to to read these things. There seemed to be little common ground, but at least they had sorted the required task.

"Well. If there's nothing else? I suppose I will see you all around the Circle."
    The Arrow looks around, and starts to leave.

Unless stopped, Phoenyx will exit the scene! Thanks folks!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Oh, so he wasn't imagining it.

It's hard to put a finger on the intent with Kaze's infatuation. Was he trying to put him on the spot? Elect him Hierarch? None of them really seem the guy's style, and the explanation offered fits as well as anything else.

Blue green eyes study Kaze... then Shodan, and he lifts a gloved finger.

"Consider this. First, let's all agree I have no authority, so this is just a thought." He pointed at Kaze. "Yes, yes you do have a lot you don't know. And you," he moved the digit to Shodan, "Could use some friends and atta-boy points in your current circumstances. It might be a win-win if Shodan volunteered to... what's a good word? Wet nurse? Au pair? Guide? Mentor? Anyway. You both get the idea. Hopefully. Pick your own word. Or don't."

Sure, maybe he was throwing Shodan a free Apostate to brainwash, and sure, they were both Breach-tastic, but baby steps.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

It's a good thing that he didn't eat anything, or he might have choked. Shodan the teacher. Shodan the mentor. It's ridiculous. Absurd. It's...

... actually, not the worst idea.

"Sure. I think we can help each other out" And that mutual assistance is important to underline. He doesn't want Kaze to feel like this is some sort of pyramid with him at the bottom, not least because - it isn't "We needed a good excuse to hang out, anyway. What do you say, Kaze?"

Assuming he agrees, the only question that remained would be: why? Why is Star doing this? Ruling out personal sympathy (let's not kid ourselves here), what remains? Consilium patriotism, trying to keep it strong by compensating weakness? Patronizing attempt to shoo them away from the grownups table? Some other agenda the mop-haired guy might have?

Let's play along and find out.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Take some RDX crystals, mix with an equal part of crushed PETN powder, add a couple spoons of motor oil. Pour the mixture into a jar and stir vigorously for five minutes.
    This is how you manufactured Semtex, that's it, if you didn't blow up in the process.
    Did Star think they could balance each other out? A strange alchemic equation where one mistake and another weren't predictably going to compound but would rather even out? Or perhaps he was being much more pragmatic, if you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will eventually float by.
    He shakes his head, those two could't draw a circle with a glass. "The pupil's own mistakes become the master's. And it goes both ways", is it a warning? A friendly caveat? Perhaps both. He can't keep them from being together, but at least now they'll be much easier to track.

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread