Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1912) New Waves

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan was of a mind to say something sarcastic to Phoenyx's latest question. What the Councilor does? It's more important what he is: a coat of paint, a glittery face tasked with giving the impression that there's any unity to speak of amongst the Mighty, any shared interests or agendas. Sadly (or perhaps not) he doesn't get to voice that opinion as Star walks in and interrupts, a cup of noodles in his hand and checkered shirt on his back.

If there's going to be a trial What's that supposed to mean? Did the man knew something Shodan didn't?

"I'd still be for Phoenyx" He finally says "And that's for two reasons: first, I know for a fact she is genuinely interested in how other people think. At the same time, she has her principles and never backs down. I'd say that's very... senatorial" Of course, it is also on her watch that Galatea and Kaze slipped through the cracks. But it's neither here nor there "The second reason, if you'll forgive some selfishness here, is that if Winter winds up on the panel of Councilor judges at my trial, that means an ex-prosecutor is tasked with reviewing the evidence he himself collected. It's pretty clear he's convinced of my guilt" What he'd do with that conviction is anyone's guess, but in any case it stacks the deck heavily against the Libertine "Unless he'd step away from that particular judgement, you can see how that's... less than ideal" And not just for the Prime Mover. It'd set a dangerous precedent if one could freely jump between roles in the criminal proceedings of Awakened society.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Star's arrival provides much needed support. He acknowledges the man with a nod, before pouncing on Shodan's argument.
    "This is why I deputized Star to act as the new Sentinel. Either way, the goal of the Trial is to find the truth, and that goal will inspire my judgement. I could always appoint a Provosts, for the matter; not that I feel it will be necessary. I've already proved my goodwill by winning the Duel", he shrugs, "You keep insulting me"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The closer you look?

He'd practically lit up the landing strip for Shodan to come taxiing in on, with a picture-perfect touchdown. Ta-da! Look what's appeared!

"Oh, that's a good point,"
    he nodded with Thoughtful Sincerity. "But..."

The less you see.

"Now that you mention it? It goes both ways, too. Right? You and Kaze aren't exactly impartial about who might be involved in your trials or sentencing."

sluuuuurrrrrrrp

"It'd probably be best to recuse yourselves from this process."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze laughs, "As if I thought Phoenyx was going to bend rules or be impartial?" He says. "I don't mind how it would look for me, but I totally support Phoenyx."

He pauses, looking at Star, "Unless...you aren't just making a suggestion? If you have actual authority to order me, then fine." He looks at Winter, waiting to see whether Star is in fact running things, and Winter was just waiting for him to arrive and take charge? "I mean, I guess it wouldn't really matter who had the title, if the plan is just do what you say anyway?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Inspiring? Phoenyx looked down at herself. Even she had to admit, it wasn't a great image.

"What I meant was there's always more to something than what is written, Star," She says wearily. "I didn't make that clear. The thing is, I rarely interacted with Councillors in my former Concillium, and here they have rarely seemed to be impor- wait, why the hell am I arguing this? I agree with you. I don't want this. I can't see myself being good at it. I was only going to do it because there was no-one else."

The Arrow takes a deep breath, and looks at Kaze and Shodan. "I.... appreciate the support and kind words, but I agree with Star. I do not think I would not make a good Councillor. I'm an Arrow, and I'm good at that." Even if not much else, maybe it was enough. She stands back up so she can see all the Mighty in the room. "The way I see it, Magus Winter's skills make him best suited to the role of Sentinel. But that choice is his. Being deputised will still need Star to approved as a Sentinel by the Hierarch after 72 hours, unless that has been done already." She waves a hand nonchalantly to the magus making his way loudly through the noodles, and shrugs. "With Kaze and Shodan not eligible, and I declining their support, I suppose whichever of either of you would rather retire and become Councillor," she addresses the Sentinels, "are welcome to it."

Her piece said, she leans against the wall, and waits.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Of course, he could argue with Star that the accused, jockeying for a sympathetic panel of judges is not the same thing as switching roles mid-trial. He could. It'd also, more than likely, be wasted breath. His position in this room, and in the Consilium as a whole, was shaky at best, so when you can't say anything that will have an effect, it's best that you say nothing at all.

"Very well. I guess I'll put faith in your wisdom" He says to Winter and Star "You do what you think is best. I'll try and adapt"

Well, that's... close to nothing at all. By the Mover's standards. Besides, Phoenyx mostly covered what else needed to be stated.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Surprisingly, Shodan agrees with his accession without dragging his feet, it is Kaze that objects more vehemently. Still, with the Guardians having stacked the deck in their favor, the Precept of Secrecy could be enforced with minimal friction.
    He looks at the Councillor seat - a false throne - before turning his attention to more pressing issues. "I guess it is settled. Either Star or I. Rest assured, regardless of the outcome, your trial will be fair. Now, let's get back to more pressing issues, the sphere and the cars. We need to track their origin"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"What? Who, me?"

In all fairness? It's probably the first time anyone's ever suggested the chinchilla could order them about.

"Oh, god no. Plus? Like, wouldn't that be boring? Boring for you, boring for me. I mean, unless that's your thing. But that thing isn't this thing, because we're not a thing."

Again, in all fairness? This guy did live with a theater full of bossy women and thoroughly enjoyed it.

"Just think of me as Ant-Man, running around inside your suit of armor, Mr. Stark. This is your conscience speaking. What you do with that info? Hopefully something Wise."
    Like Phoenyx just told him she was an Avis Arrow and not an Asp Arrow. And hey, look. Shodan's actually learning. Good on him. Aaaaand lastly, "Not 'it'."

Where's Ixidor when you need him?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

11. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow, Xander liked this post
    S
    Shodan

And one by one, the possible candidates for Obrimos Councilor were drip, drip, dripping away to leave the last man standing: Winter. He'll take the seat, Star will probably be confirmed Sentinel in a matter of weeks. It's something Shodan will have to endure, seeking opportunities as they appear.

"So we're done here?"

It seems all was said. Still, the Prime Mover didn't want to miss the epilogue in this play, if there is one.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He shrugs, it would be a long while before they started acting like a team. Hope, though, died last, and today's meeting was hopefully the first in a long series.
    "Unless there's anything else to discuss", he says. Other than the circumstances of their Awakening, he couldn't envision a group of people with less in common than they did.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread