Ended
Watch

Beware Papercuts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Shodan

The mage listens to Morgan's abridged life story without a word, clearly focused and determined not to miss a single word. Anyone clearly giving a shit as she does is worth listening to, and closely "No shit" is his comment when she finishes, and the Prime Mover needs a few seconds to produce something more elaborate "Obviously, I'm not going to condemn you for what you did. Hell, far as I'm concerned you did a good thing" Information wants to be free, after all "But, if I'm going to play Devil's advocate, I'll say this: those cops were just as much victims of the system as you were" Of course, there were probably ties from them to the Chief of Police right to some Seer enforcer So, in that sense, these people did have a tiny role in the proliferation of the Lie. But, when most Awakened are blind or indifferent to the grand scheme of things, can Sleepers be blamed for their ignorance? "It sounds dickish, I know. But if we're going to argue that all the contexts and the backgrounds and the reasons can't be ignored, then all those cogs are owed a chance to be converted. You want to change the system? Subversion is your friend, try to take a baseball bat to the whole thing and it comes crashing down on you" Gee, talk about being on a soapbox. If Morgan was at any point worried she sounds overly exalted, Shodan is right there to take some of that on himself.

"More than you know"
    He answers the other Obrimos. Of course she's had an effect on him, osmosis was the whole point of their interactions across the past year "But, remember that my extended circle of friends considers arguing their daily bread. Not all of it is meant for a direct policy change" The Free Council loved to debate. Small wonder - the Diamond had millenia to go over every argument about its philosophies and methods; compared to that, the century of relative Libertine cohesion was nothing.

A surprised look crosses his face for a second as Phoenyx does nothing to wiggle away from a social engagement "I'm in too, if you'll have me" It'd be interesting to watch her indulge in things not specifically designed to some kind of advancement.

Morgan

PRE

Hold what against me? Morgan wanted to say, and challenge both of their goddamn preconceived notions. Because, sure, they all think they're part of the revolution, even when their ideas are based around propping up the very institutions that they claim to fight against...

But, to be fair, only Adam had really claimed to be fighting against them. Alice had just been humoring them, both. And, it was possible that he was just much more circumspect than she was. 'Cause running your mouth, like she had been, sure was circumspect, right? Fuck.

Well, maybe if they did all get a little drunk together that would help things mellow out.

"There's theory," Morgan finally said, "and then there's praxis. So...let's go practice altering our body chemistry to attain new found insight, and all that jazz."

Next scene as open? Move to Awakened? What say yoooouuuu?

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx's mask has another smile tugging at the corners, as she nods at Shodan and Morgan before she heads off to pay for her books.

I'm happy for another scene - and Open Scene for Mages sounds fine. I'm at the cap for Phoenyx, though, so it will have to be once this is closed
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

S
    Shodan

"Don't mind if I do" He mutters, trailing behind Phoenyx to the cashier's desk and then out to the street and wherever it is Morgan has in mind.

Likewise on both accounts - I'm up for an Open Scene, but I'm also at the cap at present

Morgan

PRE

No worries, we will put one on the books for next time!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread