Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Christmas had likely been a celebratory event for many. Even now, as Nathaniel sat atop the warehouse in naught but shorts and as the elements tore into him, shining lights could be seen in the distance. But tonight would not to be a usual night of joy and cheer- for tonight Nathaniel would invoke the Darkest Night of Winter.

The rite was simple, and the rules explained to all those he had messaged- everyone was to wear next to nothing, and meet somewhere high where the winter chill could tear into their bodies (in this case, an abandoned warehouse). They were to eat little; traditionally a single skinny rabbit for a single pack- in Nathaniel's case, a few pounds of rabbit meat he had managed to find at a special market. This was shredded and placed on a tin plate in the center of a large chalk circle inscribed with Uratha symbols.

They would each be given some of the meager meal, and under a dark sky where Luna's Light held no presence they would speak of those that had been lost. While tradition the pack would only recognize those casualties for the year, Nathaniel had explained that given he newer arrivals (and given that Nathaniel was unaware if anyone had conducted the ritual last year, or those prior), they should not limit themselves. No- tonight was a night to remember all of those lost.

He didn't know who would come- but he had explained that the meeting was to be rather short (especially given the odd timing). Even if no-one came, he would perform the rite himself, if only for practice.

One everyone was gathered, Nathaniel would speak.

"Tonight I speak to my brothers and sisters, and to those spirits in our City- tonight we will look back on those casualties we have endured, those whose names and faces and acts we remember and hold dear, with pain in our hearts and sorrow in our eyes. Tonight Luna's light does not touch our souls. Tonight the elements tear at our bodies." Even now the wind roared at them.

"Should anyone have a name of someone lost, speak of them- that we may know and hold them within our hearts as we go forward as Urdaga, and endure, that such losses will never be in vain; that no difficulty will make us yield."

@%1; Brigit Matt @%1; Antigone Bleeds @%1; Hector Chris @%1;

Tried keep this simple given the likely busy schedule everyone has. So- the process.

This Rite is all about remembering the lost and fallen; their names, and a memory or detail, are common fare. A single post will be enough; just showing that you came, and speaking about what you regret. Don't want to keep everyone super busy, ya know? Speak your losses, take a meager bit of rabbit munchies from Nathaniel, and the next person goes. If someone has more to add to someone else's, that is also encouraged.

This Rite canonically takes place right before midnight on the 26th, on a New Moon. I will try to have this post closed at that time. Rolls for the Rite itself will be posted at the end, during closing. Happy Holidays!

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt comes, in Dalu form naked of clothing. He sits cross legged and says, "A guy I knew, Jerry. He was one of the first wolves I met after my change. He taught me a lot before he died."

4. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector loped to the appointed place on four legs, cool winds ruffling his fur.

When he drew near, he shifted in judders motions, from four legs to two. The wind continued to ruffle his hursuit Dalu form. Unlike Matt Joule the Alpha squats on one knee, as if he is ready to move again.

"I remember Firebringer who held this territory before us. Let me tell you of his saga..."

And then he moved, collapsing into his hulking Urshul near-wolf shape. Back flexing, paws spread apart, the Cahalith rocked back his heavy head and howled.

When he was done, he shuffled backward, shifting back into his Dalu form where squared, head bowed in silent contemplation and reverence.

And some truncated book keeping -

Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-03 03:46:31 Hector to howl rolls 8 to Presence + Expression + Speciality (10 Again) 9, 6, 6, 8, 1, 9, 6, 2 3 successes
    2019-12-03 03:45:22 Hector to shift Wolf Man to Urhan Near Wolf rolls 8 to Stamina + Survival + PU (10 Again) 6, 6, 7, 3, 9, 3, 5, 9 2 successes
    2019-12-03 03:44:52 Hector to shift Wolf to Wolf Man rolls 8 to Stamina + Survival + PU (10 Again) 4, 4, 5, 2, 10, 4, 6, 5, 2 1 success

NOTE: Hector has an Occult speciality: Legends of the Uratha so I reckon he would have heard of Firebringer somewhere along the line. FYI Firebringer was a very experienced PC from an earlier incarnation of the Werewolf Venue. Long before Hector's time. I thought it was appropriate to bring him up like this - and it creates a little tie between now and then
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

6. Likes Kelreth, Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
    A
    Antigone

Antigone arrives on two legs, wearing only a black tank stop and black cut-offs. Her hair is a loose and flowing mass of brown curls. She joins the wolves atop the warehouse.

The Half-Moon gives Nathaniel a nod of respect for including her in the rite. Listens to Matt's words and Hector's howls with reverence. Finally, she take her turn:

"I come to speak for Hunts-the-Shore, my old pack's Alpha. She was strong. She was wise. And she was lost. I will not speak of how she died, for she was Iminir like me and even in death we do not dwell on weakness. I will only say that she was truly one of the People."

Antigone feels a deep sense of loss, but doesn't show it. Keeps her head held high and looks from wolf to wolf after saying her piece.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit was there, of course, dressed in her usual flannels and jeans.

The Once-Pure listened to the stories around her with a quiet reverence - and some guilt. Brigit had packmates who had died, but none were Urdaga and she could not bring herself to mention those who had gone against Mother Luna.

Thus, Brigit said nothing, accepting tonight would be a night to hold her tongue on the deeds of those who had come before her.

9. Likes Ruach, Hades_Roses liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was a very strange experience for Emily. She had held this Rite every year. For the first time she was doing it with Clarion Call, her pack. It felt right, but sad. Opening up was always a big deal for her, but most of the pack knew, which made it easier.

Smoking in the darkness, she had been bracing herself for her turn.

"I offer the names of the Steel Fangs, my old pack. Jim Kendal, The Ithaeur who earned the name 'Windrider'. Alexis Chokov, an Elodoth. And.... and Bobby Makerith, the Rahu that earned the name Hunts-with-Wrenches." The slight crack in her voice is noticable. Names spoken, she shrinks back slightly, shoulders hunched, and continues smoking.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

This was a very strange experience for Emily. She had held this Rite every year. For the first time she was doing it with Clarion Call, her pack. It felt right, but sad. Opening up was always a big deal for her, but most of the pack knew, which made it easier.

Smoking in the darkness, she had been bracing herself for her turn.

"I offer the names of the Steel Fangs, my old pack. Jim Kendal, The Ithaeur who earned the name 'Windrider'. Alexis Chokov, an Elodoth. And.... and Bobby Makerith, the Rahu that earned the name Hunts-with-Wrenches." The slight crack in her voice is noticable. Names spoken, she shrinks back slightly, shoulders hunched, and continues smoking.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Standing in gym shorts and in human form Chris listens quietly as the others have their say. Though his blood races as Hector calls into the night.

"I offer the names of some of my former pack. Carlos of the Iron Masters who bound and made the Handwraps of the Hidden Wolf."
    A pause as Chris grins at the name, Carlos had insisted on calling them that. "And the Talons called Quick and Ugly. All lost to betrayal. I pray to Luna for my old Alpha and Beta that they survived their dive into the Hisil."

The Irraka looks down at the memory of their own small betrayal, throwing him out of the car on the outskirts of Sacramento.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The cold air is biting. The eastern wind coming down from the mountains carries with it the memory of snow and ice. My breath catches as it stings my bare chest. My bare feet have long since gone numb. I squat in the shadows, listening to my pack offer the names of the fallen, hearing the stories that go beyond words on their howls. How much longer can I keep from having a name to offer? I study each of them in turn carefully. Which one will howl my name?

My turn and I step forward on the balls of my feet, taking a small bite from the bowl. I chose down the rabbit meat. I can taste captivity and slaughter and slaughter in it. I wish the pup had just asked me to hunt something for the occasion. A wolf should not have to eat meat market flesh.

I nodded thankfully to Nathaniel despite my grimace and return to my quiet shadow.

PU: 4

16. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Dalu was always the preferred form for a ritual- but any form of assistance in enduring the elements could be seen as weakness. At the same time, the Ithaeur felt it was wrong to not conduct a pack rite in such a form. Thus the pup waited until the first person spoke to shift.

As everyone spoke the crescent cut up and handed out meager strips of rabbit meat, nodding calmly and solemnly and making an effort to remember all the names spoken- to be written later, so that next year they would be known- and every year after that, even after the pup had left the living. They would not be forgotten.

Once everyone had said their piece, and once all the food handed out, the ritemaster returned to his original spot and spoke once more, an air of confidence projected from Nathaniel.

"Many of us have lost much. And I hope that tonight we all see what we stand to lose- the family among us. Let this meal, and let our words, be a testament to that which has been lost; and to all that may seek to take from us. That we will endure- even when the elements crash against us, when all hope is gone, and our brothers and sisters are not all with us, We. Will. Endure..." A deep and somewhat shaky breath, a hint of the frightened wolf behind it. "To the very end, if that is what it takes." A quiet and perhaps selfish prayer to Luna, that it would not.

The ritual was over, but it was not a success. The strength of resolve that should have been felt wasn't there... Instead there was just the cold, and the Darkness.

"my apologies... I have failed. The powers of this Rite were not bestowed upon us." The normal Nathaniel popping back up, a hesitant breath accompanying him. No sense dwelling- it was his first time performing it. Next time he would prepare and plan ahead."Um... Normally after the Rite is done members go to a bar to drink in remembrance of those lost. I did not pick a place beforehand- but please, go out and enjoy the holidays. I am going to clean up here." The crescent bit his lip.

"We will endure, and we will remember." The Rite couldn't be salvaged, but they could still share this moment. The magic was gone- the words were not. Neither was the shame at having failed.

Shapeshifting
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-26 19:25:00 Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Shapeshifting (Survival + Stamina + Primal Urge) (10 Again) 10, 5, 6, 2, 1, 1 1 success

Meditation
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-26 18:32:37 [02] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Meditation (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 7, 2, 9, 5, 8 2 successes
    2019-12-26 18:32:37 [01] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 5 to Meditation (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 7, 9, 6, 2, 10, 1 2 successes

Darkest Night of Winter
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [07] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 1, 3, 5, 9, 9, 2, 7 2 successes
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [06] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 6, 5, 5, 2, 8, 9, 1 2 successes
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [05] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 2, 4, 8, 10, 1, 8, 7, 8 4 successes
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [04] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 2, 1, 5, 2, 6, 6, 2 failure
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [03] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 6, 6, 1, 5, 2 1 success
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [02] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 10, 2, 5, 8, 3, 10, 4, 8, 1 4 successes
    2019-12-26 18:56:10 [01] Nathaniel Dormur rolls 7 to Darkest Night of Winter (Harmony + Dalu + Meditaion - Clear Sky - City) (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 6, 1, 8, 5 1 success

Notes for the Rolls:
    Harmony = 7 rolls with 7 dice. Dalu and Meditation counteract the Clear Sky and City Location penalties
    20 successes were needed- this was not reached so the Rite failed.

Thank you all for participating- May next Season bring better fortune, and just as much character background!~

18. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Closed Thread