Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel was uncertain how this would go. Emily was at least releable in some measures- which helped take away some of the tension, and Matt was a friendly face almost always willing to help. His conversations with them had provided enough that Nathaniel felt more comfortable around them- more capable of understand.

Now it was Brigit's turn. Nathaniel would talk, and listen, and try however he might to at least give a glimmer of hope.

Parking his bike up front, the pup knocked lightly thrice- a bit nervous. How would Brigit react? Would he make things worse?... A shake of the head and a steeled conviction as he waited.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

The address is to a nice, smaller home in one of Sacramento's many quiet neighborhoods. In the driveway a black 2018 Chevrolet Malibu sits idling, but no one is in it.

Shortly after the knock, the door is answered, though not by Brigit. It is a man, tall, scruffy, and with a warm, trusting face. Given that Brigit has made mention of her husband before, it would not be difficult for Nathaniel to surmise that this man is in fact Ezekiel Walters. Zeek is dressed in a nice shirt and slacks and has a cellphone up to his ear. The plane ticket sticking out of his pocket and the small luggage roller behind him speaks easily to an impending trip.

He looks Nate over a moment before an expression of recollection hits his face. Granting the wolf an acknowledging nod alongside a friendly smirk, Ezekiel steps aside, gesturing him in with his free hand as he continues his conversation.

"I'm about to hit the road, Drew," he says, "Yeah, mhmm... I'll call you when I land in Austin. Bye."

Finally hanging up the phone, Ezekiel regards Nate completely.

"Brig is out back, she said one of ya'll would be by," he says, "She figures it's about something that's best to keep private. So just hang tight, she'll just be a minute."

And with that Zeek was gone, leaving Nate alone in the great room. Soon after the door closed the Malibu could be heard pulling away.

Nate was currently in the living. It boasted comfortable furniture in the form of a large black sofa and a matching recliner, a side table and coffee table made from reclaimed barn wood were also present which, when coupled with an elkhorn lamp on the side table and cowhide rug under the coffee table afforded the room a rustic feel. A small bookcase sat beside the entertainment center, the latter of which bore a sizable television. Beyond this space, one could see an island and a full kitchen with decor reminiscent of that in the living room. A sliding glass door also afforded a view out into the back yard in the kitchen.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Considering his past dwellings, and the 1-room apartment that was his current abode... And, admittedly, some preconceptions about where a former pure might dwell, the Pup was not at all prepared for something so normal.

Nor was he at all prepared for the husband. Even though she'd mentioned it prior, the thought of having someone in such a life so chaotic still came as a bit of a shock- it also gave the pup a bit of hope given his own plans to try and live something bordering on 'normal' with college.

A simple nod, a quiet "Thanks" in response, not wanting to interrupt his call. And then he was gone, the crescent left in a living room that may as well have been a palace compared to his sparsely-decorated apartment- not to mention a far cry away from Emily's home above the shop, the only thing he had to compare to in his pack.

He was tempted to snoop, wanted to explore- but that would have been rude. Nathaniel tried to sit comfortably on the couch, still feeling somewhat strange in the place.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Zeek's proclamation was soon proven right. Brigit didn't take long at all, with the sliding of the back door in the kitchen signaling her arrival.

Dressed in black leggings and a baggy t-shirt (clearly one of her mate's) Brigit comes in with an empty laundry basket. Her blonde hair is up in a messy bun and overall the Redeemed seems rather comfortable. The home was a safe place for her.

Nonetheless, she was still a warrior. The comfort came from the knowledge that she knew how to defend her home.

Dark eyes find the Pup, with the Once-Pure offering a near smirk and a nod of acknowledgement.

"Hey, kid." she says.

Placing the laundry been on the kitchen island, Brigit moves to the fridge retrieving two glass bottles of sarsaparilla, opening both with a bottle opener. Soon after, she is in the living room, placing one of them in front of Nathaniel, before taking the recliner as her space and looking to him. Noting his discomfort, a brow raises.

"You wanna relax a bit, you're gonna make me nervous," she says, though the smirk remains. She had figured the first of the pack to visit her home would be thrown off by her home life.

"You wanted to talk, yeah?"

P
    Papilio

SORRY WRONG ACCOUNT

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Had she been doing laundry? he did too of course. Still somehow off-putting.

He returns the greeting with a somewhat meek "Hey" of his own, noting her smirk. Perhaps not the best way to start off, but maybe it would help? Somehow?...

He accepted the Sasparilla gently, taking a small sip. Considering several pack and personal meetings involved booze, it was more than welcome. "yeah. I'm um... Sorry. I'll try?" A nervous laugh there, a bit forced, and the pup relaxed with another drink.

"At the pack meeting, you um.... Some of the things you said. I wasn't very- I don't really... I don't have the full story. All I knew at the moment was that I didn't want to lose someone to Mother Above's laws. That's all I still know. And I leapt to say things that were... Probably Hurtful. So uh..." Another drink, Father Below he wasn't any better at this. "Want to swap stories?..." Said with as much confidence as he could muster.

Maybe if he knew more, he could find a way to help? Maybe if he knew more, he could understand her perspective better. He wasn't exactly comfortable with sharing details about his past, but the crescent figured it might help build trust. If she wished to hear it, that is.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit watched the Pup, taking a drink as he spoke.

"Don't worry about it too much, Nate," she said, her voice plain, "but I will say as I did then. Our Mother does not forgive all sins. I've done enough to earn a blackmark in the eyes of Luna."

She'd lean forward, placing the sarsaparilla on the coffee table before clasping her hands.

"I've been open with the pack, if you want to hear it and come to learn all I did in the Pure, that's fine," she said, "but if you try to use it as an excuse to pull that same speech you did at the meeting, I'm kicking your ass out of here. Deal?"

The Redeemed leaned back settling in her chair as she let the young Crescent mull over her terms.

"As for your story," she says, "You can share what you feel you must. My place among the Forsaken demands explanation to those with Auspice. Yours does not."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

So she still believed that she couldn't be redeemed.

"But what if there wa-" And then the threat of being kicked out, a slight flinch as the pup looked away. "I do want to learn more about you. And a part of me desperately wants to find a way to convince you that there is a way... But I... Understand." Though after this he would certainly research ways. Surely there was an example of someone being fully redeemed? And even if not, he might hope to appeal to an interpretation of the Auspices themselves. Regardless it still felt somehow wrong.

And as per wanting an explanation. "Whether you have an auspice or not doesn't matter to me, Brigit. You're pack now- I don't want an explanation because of your past actions, I want to know because you're a part of the family. I want to understand, so we can be more... Cohesive?" He certainly knew the stigma associated with it, and knew that the Pure's record was one that deserved punishment- but he trusted her. Her actions towards the Pure back at the chapel had instilled plenty of confidence. As per telling his own story- he'd say what he thought might help.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

"Trust me, there isn't. Those who helped me see the truth have made it their mission to make the Pure understand," she says, "And they are an entire Lodge, Nate. You are a single Crescent working on securing your pack's territory, so let's realign our concerns a bit, yeah? My redemption comes with a price. Mother Luna accepts me, but Her heart cannot forgive all I've done. Do you understand how the Pure come to have no Auspice?"

Another drink as Nate explains himself, Brigit's smirk widens slightly.

"It's a hard life we live, kid, but here's hoping you keep that pep," she says, offering a small compliment, "As far as my story, I guess it's best to start from the beginning."

A long drink this time as the Once-Pure drains her sarsaparilla completely.

"I was born to the People. I mean, I know we all are, but I was born in a place that was centered around the Anshega, their faith, and their mission," Brigit begins, "A compound up in Idaho. Most folks in the area thinks the people there are just a backwoods community of survivalists. I suppose part of that's true, but everyone there is revealed to the Truth at a pretty early age."

She let's the introduction weigh on the Crescent for a moment.

"I've known about the People since I was a little girl," she affirms, "Ezekiel learned about them a few years before me. That was the way of things."

Raising herself, Brigit moves to the kitchen, continuing as she goes.

"Before you ask, no. CPS and other agencies weren't a problem. The community had connections and we were all homeschooled legally. Far as the government was concerned, we were eccentric, but law abiding," she says upon reaching the fridge and grabbing another sarsaparilla, "Anyway, the community is led by a pack of Izidakh. Led by my grandfather."

Reaching the kitchen island, Brigit opened the bottle and continued back to the living room taking her seat once again.

"Since we were old enough to learn, we were taught the Izidakh interpretation and accepted it," she said, "From there, our lives became centered around how we could assist in the Great Mission. For me, the place for me was simple. I was the granddaughter of the alpha and also wolfblood. I became a hunter and soldier. I trained to provide for the community and kill any who threaten it."

THen came a pause.

"And, when I reached my teens, I took on my task and participated in patrols," she said, "And, eventually, I killed for the first time when I was 16. He was with a group of hunters who came to try and liberate the compound, as they thought the pack held us against our will."

A glint of remorse and guilt hit her face.

"That same year I was declared nuzusul. The shaman came to me with the pack after performing the Rite of the Found. So I underwent the Rite of Purity," she said a small smile hitting her face, "The compound celebrated and my training increased in hand-to-hand combat. My Change didn't come for another two years, though."

Brigit pauses, looking at her drink then to Nate.

"You can get another if you want, we're gonna be here a while," she says.

Giving Nate a chance to respond to what's been said so far. Brigit's next post will likely be very long, just an fyi

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Brigit's tone seemed so fatalistic- The put knew about the Pure of course, his teacher had made sure to instruct him in as gruesome detail as possible. And he knew somewhat about the Lodge of Salvation... They weren't the most private, and their role was niche. And unfortunately Nathaniel had to admit that if THEY couldn't find a reason, how could he hope to? But even then, the one thing Nathaniel always kept to heart- the one teaching of Luna. "Can I at least try?.... Mother Above is fickle, Brigit. Does it have to be this way?..." He hated pressing the matter, but to leave it at that... Even her words of encouragement held some semblance of acceptance about what the wolf would never have...

...Of course then came the story, as many stereotypes and horrible tales his mentor stated came out into the light. Granted it was made clear either his mentor had exaggerated some of the details, or Brigit had more terrible things to tell. Nathaniel prayed that it was the former. The fact she and the rest of her family were indoctrinated was bad enough- though the crescent couldn't hide a pained expression at that similarity. His teacher had been all too eager to enlist the helpless pup without a clue.

But Brigit had it so much worse. Still, at hearing that she'd killed Hunters he didn't show any doubt or hatred or anything of the sort. He remained Composed. They all had regrets. At the story's pause, and offer for another drink, he gently stood. "I... Yeah, thanks." He grabbed another, taking a deep breath in the kitchen and a moment to compose himself. Did he still want to? The crescent didn't want to force some sense of hope into her- but the prospect of letting her remain without was almost frightening to the young one that tried so hard to remain positive.

Nathaniel didn't know what he'd do yet. So he decided to wait (stall) on a decision until the rest of her story. Thus he sat back down. "Alright... And when you changed?" Nathaniel had been fortunate in that regard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread