Watch

A Matter of Faith

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    S
    Shodan

"Hm"

There may be wisdom in the unkempt man's words. Perhaps more than either of them yet realizes.

"If that's true... wish there was some way of making sure we 'get the message right'. Or... see... 'stuff'. Otherwise it's just blind trial and error, and that can be so frustrating" Proficient in sciences and construction of all kinds he may be, but Shodan can be woefully impatient.

All of a sudden, the Prime Mover realizes he's never asked this weird, weird man's name. And since he's engaged him in a conversation more serious than with most of his usual... associates, whose (Shadow) Names he does know, that seemed like an oversight. Then again, the anonymity was comforting. Or maybe it was the slightly unnerving giggle here, a grin there.

"I think I'll be slinking back to my nest soon" says the mage, not rising up from the pew just yet, though "Thanks, it's been nice. No, scratch that. Not nice. Informative. In that brain-teasing way"

Each answer breeds three more questions. As it should be.

I am so sorry for the delayed response! I think we might be winding down, though

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

The vagrant chuckles, still grinning.

"But it is so much fun when you don't know... Its all part of the test. Life... I guess life is a kind of cosmic test. Its got to be. Don't make sense otherwise."

He sniffed heavily.

"Nest?"

Eyes on Shodan.

"Oh! Nest! Yeah. I guess. You got a crib. I make camp with what I have, when I have it. Kinda thing. Freedom, see. I am bound to the land, but I dont have to go back to the same spot to rest my head. And, well, yeah. Most folk don't bother to look down at me, let alone have a chat."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

S
    Shodan

He scoffs.

"'Most folk' are dumb, then. You don't evolve if you stay in your comfort zone forever, and if you don't evolve, you die" Just ask the dodo. Two moments pass before his brain catches up with his tongue "I didn't mean to say you make me... or anyone... uncomfortable" Although when you are a fade-into-the background kinda guy like Shodan, and spend more than a few moments in the presence of, well, presence, you are bound to be. It's better if they are pretty. And this guy? He wasn't.

"My larger point was... actually forget it, I don't think I have a larger point" He smiles a nervous smile, and this time the Obrimos rises from his seat, with body slowly turning towards the exit "But it was cool, is all I'm saying. Hell, maybe we'll get to meet again sometime in our... cosmic tests"

'Cosmic tests'. Hm.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Yeah. Yeah... I'd like that."

The ragged smile from the homeless vagrant was genuine.

Hector watched as the other man rose and left, then swivelled back around in his pew and let the silence surround him.

Its a good place to wind up Nice scene.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.