Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Though she remains well within the sphere shared by the Archon and the Keeper, the young Lord feels her ears burning when the Prince mentions her to the Blind Doll. A small smile, symbolizing some quite pride hits her lips at the compliment, but she is careful not to let her gaze rest on the pair too long. While this was Elysium, the conversation Alessandra seemed to be having seemed mostly private.

Nonetheless, Lenora returned her attentions to the matter at hand. As Seth departed his impromptu meeting of security without dismissal, the Ms. Black's usual cordial expression gave way to a mask of stoicism.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-25 18:50:50 Lenora rolls 4 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 4, 9, 10, 1, 7 2 successes

If Lenora took any offense to the Archon pursuing her duties, it was not apparent. Rather, Lenora seemed focused on the conduct of Mr. Kind with her gaze shifting only once the Carthian had pushed himself away from the Kindred situated around the Keeper. Once Seth had left, the gaze of the Ventrue Priscus landed back on Mable. Eyebrows raise lightly at her explanation, but the mask remains.

"Forgive my boldness, Keeper Wood," she offered, "but may I ask if Her Majesty has been informed of Mr. Kind's place in the Reeve's plans for testing?"

A fair question, albeit risky considering her low rank. However, neonates without courage rarely lasted long. Considering her strength rested in social prowess, Lenora knew full well that Elysium was likely her most important battlefield.

"Further, in the event of costs for any adjustments to security Her Majesty approves, I would like to volunteer a portion of my assets to assist in covering the costs," she continues, "The burden of our Domain's security is one we all share. Considering my lack of experience in more... direct enforcement, my finances are the greatest strength I can offer in this endeavor and I shall do so willingly, as is my responsibility."

At once a declaration of her understanding and a call to action to others to offer their own specialities. The Baroness would be proud.

2. Likes , Ruach, Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist dipped her head, silently accepting Mable's judgment.

"Being helpful is usually a good way to earn a place here," Twist replied neutrally, watching Seth for a moment longer. Turning back to Mable she blinked at the question, "Concerns? In regards to him directly, what I heard him indicating or something else?"

Her tone was matter of fact. Clearly she had concerns over all of them, which ones did Mable want to hear about?

At Lenora's question, Twist held back her answer. Mable was the one asked after all.

An eyebrow lifted as the topic of security adjustments came up. For this it was harder to keep her silence, but she did so, curious to see how Mable responded.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

4. Likes , Stray, Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled kindly at Lenora. "Your offer is quite kind of you. However, Security at the Nox and in court is excellent. I believe we have never had any incidences of security breach, at least as far back as I can remember and have been told. As far as outside of Court, I believe that speaking to the Reeve is the best course of action if you would like to help. I do know he is charge of Patrols and other domain security measures."

"As for your bold question, I believe that is a matter between the Prince, Reeve, Archon and myself." Mable was polite but firm.

Turning to Twist, "Perhaps we could meet later to discuss various concerns?" Mable felt a meeting might be a good general idea. "That way we can make sure we are on the same page in general and coordinate efforts."

6. Likes Stray, Ruach liked this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A head tilts as Mable says her piece on the Nox's security and suggested she speak to Reeve.

"Your statement suggests no changes are planned," Lenora offers, deconstructing Mable's words, her voice as cool and cordial as ever, "This makes the choice to contract a free agent to test Elysium all the more curious..."

You mean concerning.

Perhaps, time will tell.

"As I said, Keeper Wood, I will gladly assist in offering my assets to finance security that Her Majesty approves." she says, her tone as cool and cordial as ever, "I have no interest in discussing theoretical adjustments with the Reeve. As I lack the appropriate titles, I recognize it is not my place to test the security of the Domain."

A lingering stare was leveled in Seth's direction as Lenora let her silence speak her concern for her.

"In regards to your suggestion, I have of course already offered my aid to the Reeve. I believe he and I are in agreement that asking for my assistance in fieldwork would be as foolish as it would be ineffectual," Lenora says, breaking the pause, "My talents lie elsewhere. Nonetheless, I have relayed that he need only call should he require access my contacts in news media, as well as my allies in the judiciary and Sacramento's cultural heart. When such inquiries are related to the duties of his office, I trust he knows I will not seek Prestation. Her Majesty would expect nothing less."

There was no judgement in her tone. Keeper Wood did not know her talents, as Lenora had not truly conversed with her beyond pleasant encounters within the walls of Elysia.

Still, as Mable sought to strengthen her position by referencing Lenora's lack of status, the Lord allowed her mask to crack. A small, amused smirk hit her lips. Mable was either seeking to guard against her inquiries or trying to get the Lord to grant a biting remark in order to stifle a potential rivalry by attacking some lack of etiquette. If Lenora was in her shoes, it would be a little of both.

Behave, now is not the time.

Lenora knew the laws and her status in Sacramento, she would not be so easily goaded into the social killbox that could result if she attempted to make a scene. After all, given the reactions of the Prince, the Archon, and Mable herself, Lenora had a feeling she already knew the answer.

"Naturally, if Her Majesty wills that the matter remain private I will say nothing more, dear Keeper," she says, before shifting her form to regard both Mable and Twist, "All said, the night grows late and it seems my presence is intruding on Domain business. With your leave, I would depart so that you both might discuss your rendezvous."

Whether Lenora was seeking dismissal from the Archon or the Keeper was left unsaid, but it was clear she would not leave without a dismissal.

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens and watches the other, greater predators at Court, apparently content to observe and learn. He doesn’t seem at all as if the late hour is a problem; his demeanor suggests that he has no other plans or obligations that would require him to leave before the very end.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

closing down this court. Formal court will open January 1st

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3