(Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The new journal she was working on had been frying her brain for the last couple months. So she gathered her laptop, books and notes and decided to try and find a coffee shop to work at, hoping the change in scenery would help. Or not, she didn’t know, but her office was quickly becoming like a tomb.

Messenger bag full of what she needed, she found a quaint coffee shop, set back, not too flashy with outdoor seating. Bonus! It was a nice fall day, not too chilly, so she found a table outside and ordered some coffee. Her black dress seemed a perfect pick for the weather.

Laptop opened, notebooks beside her, she set to work. Well, tried to. She was obviously going through the motions, often staring into space or watching someone interesting on the side walk, clearly open for company.

P
    Papilio

Papilio had often caroused in many of the cafes and quaint hangouts of Sacramento- a nice way to relax after whatever he'd set his mind to.

Of course, having recently met up and been welcomed into the local area had the Mastigos starting to see things slightly differently. A few names mentioned by the Hierarch, and a desire to actually meet up and get involved with the mages in the area.

...Not that he had plans to encounter one. Still, as it was the mage coincidentally found himself walking towards October- a nice book and a journal in hand. "Ah- is this seat taken?" There were, perhaps, better ways to get introduced. But there was no time like the present.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

When October uses her magic, especially Fate, her Nimbus appears as a circle of black thorns that seem to wrap themselves around and into her body.

If the magic is vulgar, the colors of the thorns intensifies as the thorns disappear into her skin, and the she is able to feel the thorns embracing her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Pulled from her thoughts by a voice, she looks up to see Papilio and smiles.

“Huh?” then a shake of her head, “Oh, no, please, have a seat.” And moves her books and notebooks, closing the laptop, “Sorry, was kind of lost in my own thoughts there for a second.” As was common these days.

Spotting the book and journal in his hands, “Did you come here to try and get work done as well?” she asks, tucking the laptop away in her bag. “And I’m Amber by the way.” She holds a hand out.

P
    Papilio

A hand outstretched in return. "Jean Faucher. And yes, something like that- organizing for an art showing actually." The name wasn't so familiar as to be easily recognizable, but his exploits were many. Support groups, charity funds, academic presentations in French history and culture, and- as he stated- art shows. Never such that he was a common face in any- but enough to be at least noteworthy.

On that particular note, Jean opened up his journal- looking at particular pieces, the layout for the event, scribbling circles or notes. "The work is more support than anything, but they like the help. Pamphlet designs, guest lists, layouts... Always something to do." A server came by, some Chai was ordered. " Ah- look at me. Not asking anything in return. Are you finding the city well today, Amber?" A warm smile, pausing his 'work' to wait for a reply.

The book beside his journal wasn't particularly interesting, an old copy of a book on more strange psychological matters, read by a curious Mastigos trying to find particular connections.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Well hi Jean. Or do you prefer Mr Faucher?” she asks, cause some people were weird like that. “An art show? What type?” there was many different forms of art after all.

“Sometimes support is the best kind of help.”
    Depending on the situation. “Ah, well, it’s better than the office.” She says with a laugh, “And the coffee is better.” Bonus. “But I have a feeling I’ve overworked my brain and it’s just not going to give me anything more.” The doctor jokes. “And you? Does the life and beat of the city help you get work done?”

P
    Papilio

"Jean works fine. As per the art- paintings, this time around. More modern pieces this time around- It was a field I was involved in, at some point, and so I still have some connections." Papilio rarely had time to pick up the brush nowadays- though even if he did the Mastigos was unsure what maddening things would be painted. What Muse stalks the Awakened mind?

A workaholic? Papilio gave a short and quiet laugh along with hers. "Ah- out of Midnight Oil? I can relate. Trouble sleeping some nights."

There was always a slight temptation in the Mastigos' mind, whenever he encountered individuals with such troubles, to use magic to help. It would be so simple... But also not right. No, magic wasn't always the answer. And besides, being accepted by the Hierarch didn't give him total freedom in such regards.

"I enjoy it, most days- it's a rhythm I can work with. There is always something to do in the city... Though some days all I seem to focus on is that no matter what's done there's always more. But that's a bleak thought. I'm hoping to meet with some like minded people soon. Until then, I have an Art Showing to help plan for. And after that, A self-help group to attend. Always something to do- Idle Hands and such, eh?" The drink came, and Papilio gladly absorbed the caffeinated liquid... A momentary relief on his face as the effects took hold.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod at the name, filed away, then one about the art. “Art has never been a strong suit for me, though I do enjoy viewing it. Do you have an sample pictures of the art by any chance?” she asks, thinking maybe she’d be willing to attend such an event.

Smiling and laughing as well, “You could say that. Tried working at home, was too quiet, so went to my office and it was too loud with too many calls. Hence me being here, seems to have the right amount.” And someone would refill her coffee for her. “My schedule changes frequently, so sometimes I’m on night shift, sometimes day and sometimes on call. So I get the whole trouble sleeping thing.” And yet she still wasn’t completely unpacked. Go figure.

“Well, that’s one of the most important things about work, to always find something you like, then it’s less like work. Or so I’ve heard. It might be bleak, but with the bleak comes the good. And if it’s too bleak, then there’s always going out with friends and having a drink.” It worked sometimes. “Like-minded people? In the art world? Or something else?” always good to know which direction someone was going.

“I think idle hands aren’t always a bad thing. Some times we all need some down time to just relax and forget about everything going on.”

P
    Papilio

Oh? Another one interested in artwork? "Ah, I can check..." Flipping through the journal, quickly brushing past loads of information before reaching an unsatisfying end. "Unfortunately not. You could see the works in question online perhaps? It's at the eh... AH! Here." Papilio found an old business card, with the group he was collaborating with's information printed. "This should tell you the details. If you were interested in coming, I'll see about putting your name in- no issue with that." He had no one else in mind, and was already allowed to invite friends.

"I agree, it can help to get out of the house. A change of scenery lets me see things freshly. Though I'm still not well-accustomed to the infrequency of my schedule some days." His choices post-awakening hadn't completely erased an incredibly soft and lax lifestyle beforehand. A raised tea cup at her philosophy towards work "cheers. I do enjoy these things- and the effects of them. It's a worthy endeavor- so I endure." A terrible play on words.

Oh, right. Like-minded people. How to put it... "Something else- they're a rather private group, and I haven't met all the members yet. My apologies if I'm somewhat stingy with those details- they're ah... Wary." It wasn't the best answer- but given his earlier mentioning on self-help groups and charities, perhaps she might interpret those in his desire for privacy. "Relax, yes. Yes I'm hoping I'll have a chance to do that soon." The Tamer felt much more at ease- paradoxically, one might say- now that he had a chance to connect with Mages.

Active Spells
    New ID
    (Amber Davenport)
    Striking Looks
    (Enchanting)
    Status
    (Medical)
    Presence
    (Collected)
    October
    Spells

Nimbis

+1
    SL
    PRE

She sips the coffee as he flips through his journal, “Oh, that’s ok, I was just curious.” She says, “Online? Sure, I could take a look.” Accepting the card, she looks it over before sliding it into a pocket in her bag, “Thanks! I’ll check it out. You don’t have to do that if there was someone else to add to it. But I am interested in going. It’s nice to get out and experience art. Some people are just so talented.” She always wanted to be artistic in some way, but it just wasn’t meant to be.

“Do you prefer a more dependable schedule?” some people liked the whole five days a week thing. “I found night shifts the hardest to adapt to.” But she was more comfortable with them now. Her coffee cup raised to as well, “Cheers! Who knows, maybe someday you’ll be able to set your own schedule.” Something almost everyone seemed to want.

“Oh, don’t worry about being stingy on details. I’m not the noisy type nor the prying type. We all have our secrets and some of us have ones we need to guard with all we have. I know I have my own secrets and private groups. So finding like minded people is vital.” There were things about her that would shock others.

“What do you do to relax? The city seems to offer a little bit of everything for everyone.”

P
    Papilio

Papilio smiles as she accepts the card, though clarifies himself so she wouldn't feel guilty about being on the list. "I have not been in Sacramento long enough to make many lasting connections, many of which will likely already be at the event without my prodding. It's no trouble at all." It was always a welcome sight. "My apologies for not having those pieces on hand- I was merely given their names and creators for the sake of organizing, and a general description- though I would very much recommend attendance if you are interested. Those pieces I have seen personally show promise." A slight shrug before writing a little note in the planner for her attendance, before closing it up.

As per scheduling. "I have grown somewhat wary of dependable schedules since college. After a time it becomes quite ah... Grating on the mind, for me. This arrangement does lead to some stress, but I would never describe it as dull- and that suits me just fine." He gave a chuckle at the notion of working Night Shifts. If only she knew- that was the most dependable time for Papilio to work privately on the other denizens that needed help, wayward ghosts and such. "I work nights every now and again- I've just recently decided to accept more opportunities in that vein; prior to that choice my days were quite packed enough." And by the sound of it Papilio controlled his own schedule already... Helped by the fact that nothing he did was really a matter of 'employment,' which suited the Heir just fine.

She understood his desire for privacy, which was good. Well- understood based on what little information he'd given. He was still unsure anyone mortal could fully grasp the reality of an Awakened's existence. Thus a simple nod and a pleasant face, and another drink.

As per relaxing. "When I have the time? A nice glass of white wine, or a cup of decaffeinated tea, with a good book makes for a wonderful way to spend or eh... end, a day. The city has plenty of libraries, and its nature gives me access to any number of cafes." A nod given to their current location. "Actually, I was actually hoping to start with the creation of a new Library with my group- I am writing proposals for it's development, trying to figure out costs and such The places here are quite plentiful, but there are some pieces I still cannot find no matter how many shelves I browse." Still a shock to the Mysterium-member, that a Scriptorium was not present.

"And what about yourself? As you say, the city holds much- what about it do you find appealing, or relaxing?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread