Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Kith: Incubus
    Mantle: None

Mask: An attractive, black haired, pale skinned, blue-eyed male
    Mien: much the same, but with very faint, scattered patterns of white scales

Cei had forgotten Circe was also monarch- the size of this Freehold was still confusing sometimes. "Of course I forget sometimes. And a new Hollow? Is it personal, or more for Summer's uses?" He was still learning who had what here- though from what the Courtless knew so far, territory didn't seem as serious an affair.

"Mills." The only Winter he'd seen so far. He wouldn't be surprised if the rest were there as well, in hiding.

"Sonnie. Your companion is adorable." Who didn't like dogs? "Spring Monarch- I am doing well still. I've managed to find a place to stay for my duration here." How long he planned to stay was still up in the air, though.

As for what to do next, Cei didn't know himself. As the group seemed to amble inside some Haunted space, Cei simply chose to follow- a bit curious at the object of their discussion.
    Sorry for falling behind on Ling!!

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Back to Edna's. Reed sets the hedge clippers down inside the door and takes off his hat, setting it on top of the tool. Wipes his hands off on the front of his work clothes.

The place gives Reed the creeps. But that's the whole autumn thing, right?

Well. Who better to ask about it than the Dread Lord himself? And Reed is very aware that they haven't shared many words.

So it's off to see the Sovereign. As the conversation picks up again, Reed sidles up to Rhodes .

"Thanks for having us in," Reed begins. "I realized I never said how impressed I was last time I was here." A beat as the Garden Gnome struggles to come up with something else. "So this is me, saying that I guess. You know, that I like it" It's clear the Wizened's not the smoothest operator.

He pulls his flask from a pocket, holds it out to the Fairest. "You want? It's pretty good stuff."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

A look was given to Rhodes, one of amusement and surprise, “Oh, I don’t know if I would say used to it. Just more tolerant.” Teases the Nix.

The leather jacket was removed as they entered Edna’s, revealing the dress had no sleeves. Golden scales catch the light from the fire place as she makes her way into the room. There was a smile as she watched Rhodes, seeming to enjoy showing off the boarding house.

Eyes look to Circe as she says the Hollow was Coles. “I’ve been there once, it’s quite the space. Even though the forge wasn’t active when I was there. Is the bike still there?” Cole seemed so proud of it, did he take it with him?

Laughing, as Circe held up the toolbox and her descriptor of cacca, “So Circe, is that, like, the technical word for it?” she asks with a smirk.

“Is there anything hot sauce isn’t good on?”
    she asked the Beast. “Maybe you can put it on the fruit Circe has.” A shrug.

“Cei, please, call me Sera.”
    She politely insists. “And that’s good to hear!” that was usually the hardest part.

She catches the flask, and tries to think if she’d ever seen the guy without one? Not that it was her business, but it was still curious. But no judgement from her on it.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe laughs at the one who is as fun as a barrel full of herself, "Sadly nope," she pops the p, "Lot of weeds, broken bottle, and a uh the forge thingy? Yeah forge. No videos." she shrugs. Then she gives a slasher smile as she looks to Sonnie, "Of course a Summer would cleanse with flame. What else is purifying as burn ta, snerk, oh ho ho ho ho!," then laughs it off, "I was lazy! I mean the only thing good left was built ta like resist fire. Just get rid of the bad weeds and made some good ones. Not like fire can hurt that forge," Circe scoffs with a shrug as her temptation of fate is achieved. As for Sera's query about the bike, "No it wasn't. Figure Cole probably used that ta get outta town after glass boy went psycho on him."

Circe then notices Cei without the distraction of the puppy. "Oh hey dude? Ya were askin' about Hedge crafties right? I think I figured out how ta do that shit. Probably. Ain't tried with stabby bits but a piece o' metal ta shank someone with can't be that hard.."

Then the elf scrunches up her face in thought, "No Sera, it it the Italian word fer it. 'cause technical word is just shit," she nods with a smile at her deliberate word play, "But burnin' yer taste buds ta death is a great way ta mask a horrible taste. Or ya know," she waves her hand before starting to dig into the tool box, "Chocolate works too. Ah here it is," she pulls out a goblin fruit from the tool box. It is an upward curling blossom, "I think I know what it is but do ya just eat the damn thing all Skyrim style or hafta prepare it first? I don't know."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Why thank you, Cei! My son is very adorable!" Sonnie proudly went over to the fireplace and sat down on the floor next to her ugly dog. The canine glanced up, then moved over and plopped himself in the Beast's lap. She stroked his back idly as she looked around at the other fae.

"Cacca? Like poop?" she blinked as she pondered the word, but then Circe answered the Nix's question, and the monkey seemed satisfied.

"I don't know," she answered Sera, "I haven't tried it on a lot of things. Yet. Now I may have to experiment. But I don't have any on me right now!" The Steepscrambler shrugged helplessly. Life was full of disappointments.

Sonnie nodded to the Queen of the Iron Spears, "Oh, okay. So your new Hollow is like cajun food? Got it!" She paused a beat, "Man, now I want jambalaya."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes' lips tug into a grin. "Thank you, Reed. I can't take full credit for Edna's, of course - it's been the seat of the Leaden Mirror for years. At least two Dread Lords - or rather, Ladies - have held court here before. The Hollow was my contribution."

He takes the offered flask, sniffing the contents before taking a small mouthful. "Mmm... yes, very nice. Slightly smoky. I have a few bottles around somewhere, if you want to try something slightly lighter and more citrus flavoured."

The Flowering looks around, following multiple conversations. "Cole's hollow was pleasant enough - a bid disheveled last time I saw it. Still - Let's see this Fruit of yours, Circe." He wanders over to the blueberry elf and handles some of the blossom gently.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-11-24 15:59:36 Rhodes rolls 6 to Knowing the Fruit - Int+Occult+Autumn Mantle spec. (10 Again) 4, 1, 2, 5, 5, 5 failure

"Hmm... No, I'm afraid I've never seen any fruit like these before. Like I said, not a specialty, sadly." He shrugs. "I could check the archive, see if I have a reference book that might identify them. Or we could just feed it to a volunteer and see what happens..." the smile turns more than a little sinister.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes Sonnie, the word totally is shit," Circe had a grin to match the word play, very very wide. "Oh ho ho ho ho! Sweet lil' monkey," Sonja triggered Circe with her culinary curiosity, "This is why everybody loves ya so much."

Then Rhodes has no clue what it is. Truly? The blue Fairest figured she knew what it was but that the Leaden Mirror's ruler did not was a shock. "Veramente?" she squeaks out in surprise. "Uh, okay. I thought it was Murmur Leaf. Healing type, just not sure if there's another way ta prepare or not. So ya know, if ya wanna make sure it works as advertised somebody has ta get hurt. Not shot in the face but maybe punched. Ah!" Circe's expression screamed I have an idea, "Oi! Question everybody!" Circe shouts loudly as her hand shoots into the air to wave for attention.

"Anybody wanna volunteer fer an experiment and has really been pissed off by me?! Or ya know, science!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

So the Hedge began taking it back. Cole was really gone. And it sucked, cause she looked forward to seeing him pull himself out of his funk.

A sad nod, “I figured as much, but I guess I hoped if it was there, that he’d be coming back.” A shrug.

As talk turned to Hedgespinning, “I haven’t tried to make any weapons, but I’ve made a dress and my necklace.” Though she wouldn’t be making another dress again.

The Nix laughs at Circe, “Had to ask.” She jokes with a grin. Sapphires look at the fruit, but she knows little to nothing about hedge fruits. It was never something she studied.

“Nothing wrong with experimenting.” Thinking about it, and how it might have sounded, “With food of course.” Yup, with food. “If you really wanted some, the park might have some.” There was a kitchen. “You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had jambalaya. Is it good?” she asks Sonnie.

She knew the previous owner of Edna’s and believed she’d be proud of what he’d done with it. Especially the Hollow. But she keeps quiet.

Huh, she was surprised he didn’t know what the fruit was. But, there was a lot of various fruits in the Hedge.

An eyebrow raises as the idea of someone randomly eating an unknown Goblin fruit.

Gently shaking her head, “I’m not volunteering. If that thing is not a friendly fruit, and things go bad, you’ll want me alive and well to heal whoever eats it.” Yeah, the Nix could heal. Though no one knew it was in their Dreams. Which would make for a fun surprise.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Fugly rolled over, demanding belly rubs, and Sonnie automatically obliged. The dog made happy grunting noises in her lap.

Meanwhile, she looked up at Circe, giving the Summer Queen a raised eyebrow, a smirk and an emphatic shake of her head, "Sorry, no lab monkeys here. You'll have to experiment on Fairest. You got plenty to choose from!"

The Beast turned her attention to Sera, nodded excitedly, "It's great! I like how it's a mix of so much different stuff. Sausage and rice and seafood and veggies and pork or chicken. Do you like spicy food? Oh, ever been to Cajun Madness? It's a place here in town. I love their lobster rolls!"

Sonnie could talk about food all day, if that wasn't already obvious.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed looks pleased that Rhodes has decided to share a drink. It means something to the Garden Gnome. Signals a certain camaraderie.

He pockets the flask when the Dread Lord. "I'd love to try some of your special reserve." Reed never turns down a drink. "Maybe we can get together some time. Sample the goods?" 'Tie one on' is more like it.

When Rhodes drifts over to Circe, Reed follows close behind. As the Fairest examines the Goblin fruit and comes up empty-handed, the Wizened gives Circe a wink.

He broods over the Larcenist's offer. Hell, why not? He can take a punch. And, as a Woodwalker, he's used to consuming all kinds of weird foliage.

"Sure, I'll do it," he replies to Circe . Looking a little apprehensive as always.

11. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread