Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Reverence) Halloween Party!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Geez, everyone else around him suddenly seemed to be professional party masters and here he was, utterly flabbergasted. Even Lenore, who seemed the least... Immersed, or maybe... Used to this? Scattered, as she said. And she was utterly professional, comparatively.

"Ah, hey. Yes. Hi. I'm Nathaniel- you um... Knew that already. And yeah, I'm kinda new to this part of Sacramento and wanted to see what this was like? I'm not at all sure where to start here." The University he planned on attending wasn't that far away (well, by car), and this was the place everyone talked about.

The pup turned his arm a tad so hopefully no-one would see the "I'm not 21 and might be out of my depth" tag. "I like all the costumes- they're so unique, and a lot of people seem to have put a ton of work into them." He felt a tad underdressed compared to some of them.

Sorry!!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Would tonight be the night? The night she finally broke. The night she followed him. Followed to her. She hadn't meant it to be, but oh how right it all felt.

A deep breath, fingers pushing out wrinkles and resettling lace. The night was young, the wind may change but until then...

"It was indeed," responded with a nearly smug smile. She knew when a good performance had been put on, and they had set the bar high for any others who would dare follow. "You deserve a bow yourself though," she noted with a light nudge. More than a bow perhaps to be able to shine on her own with Asa and herself playing games/

"And yes- drinks." Glancing to Asa sideways with a grin, she heard the Lord in the questionstatement, she lead the way to the bar. As they waited for service, she looked back to over Sonnie. "Do you do much dancing?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her newest companions seemed rather interest in her attire, but Lenora was not wholly a creature of vanity.

"Beyond saying I found the pieces via a specialty boutique online, I cannot say much," she admitted, "Unfortunately, I did not have the time to arrange for something more... custom. My move here has been relatively recent and I was unaware of this affair until only recently. The mask I can confidently say is from an artisan making their living in the midwest, as I purchased it separate from the garments."

As her hand is shook, the Hidden Lord offers the ringmistress and her pirate a cordial smile. At the question, there is a small chuckle.

"Given the informality of our meeting, I am certain Lenore is more than appropriate, Sera,"
    she offers.

Then came the playful question and a light shrug is granted in response.

"Truly, I would not know," she said, "My schedule is often... rigid by necessity and conditioning. It suits me, but I have been told before that it seems like I'm 'always at work.' Hence the deviation. My move has afforded me more time for myself and I intend to make good use of it."

Finally, the quiet wolf-masked man spoke once again, his stumbling of words almost charming as he reorientated himself among the growing group. If Lenora was in the mood for a bite she might well pursue the aim by affording her advice to the man in order to boost his confidence, but, alas, it was not so.

"Indeed? Another recent arrival then," Lenora said, granting the wolf some piece of thought, "Perhaps our new friends could assist you better than I."

If Nathaniel was truly seeking a beginning to the night, Sera and Maxwell seemed more than equipped to advise him. People did not often come to Lenora looking for 'fun' so it was best to heed the wisdom of more resident experts in that arena.

Granting them the time to speak, Lenora's gaze briefly shifted to the group following the dear Archon further down the bar. She would not approach, of course, granting Twist her privacy. Nonetheless, it was clear she was curious of her company, particularly the man with whom she bore such comfort. It could be explored another night, there was no reason to interrupt their evening. Thus, Lenora's eyes returned to her present company and her usual cordial smile again hit her lips.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Such a humble flying monkey, she waved off the suggestion that she deserved a bow. Smiling, Sonja nimbly made her way through the crowd of dancers, drinkers and debutantes to the bar, where she turned to Twist.

"Whenever I get the chance. Which isn't as often as I'd enjoy. There's something about the energy of the people on the dance floor, isn't there?" She leaned one elbow on the bar, "How about yourself?"

Her eyes glanced about briefly, to confirm the location of her friends. Seraphina and Rhodes seemed well, so she gave them no more thought for the moment.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The smile offered to Nathaniel was friendly, “Well, usually the best place to start is the bar.” She jokes, “After that, dancing and talking. Or in a different order, depending on your comfort level. Me? I can’t dance to save my life, so I tend to be near the bar being social.” Her tone was laid back.

Glancing at her costume, then back to him, she grins, “I just love dressing up. And it seems the only time it’s appreciated and no one looks at you weird is tonight.” A shrug, “But I like yours.” It was cute. Not to flashy, just enough to be called a costume.

“Ah. I’ve only recently taken up learning to sew, so I wouldn’t even know where to really start myself.” If Hedgespinning could be considered sewing. “Oh! Well welcome to Sacramento! I hope you’ve been enjoying yourself so far. I’ve only been in the city a couple years myself, but with there being so much to do and see, the time has flown by!” which was true enough.

“Then Lenore it shall be.”
    She was kinda glad about that, being formal just wasn’t her thing.

Then a frown, “That’s too bad! One should always make time to enjoy themselves and those around them. Works one of those necessary evils, but there is too much to, experience, to let it consume you.” And experience could mean a wide variety of things, depending on who the person was. “But I’m glad you’ll be focusing on yourself more. Wouldn’t want you to miss out on all the little pleasures life has to offer.” Again, depending on who it was.

A nod to Lenore, then to the wolf, “We could try. There’s a lot going on the city, a little something for everyone. Just depends on what you’re looking for.”
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord watches the conversation unfold with a smile - clubs were never really his scene. This was all for Seraphina, really.

"Well, regardless, it looks wonderful," he offers to Leona.

Rhodes sips his drink, offering his Spring queen a gentle squeeze. "I know the feeling of working all the time. But I assure you, taking time out to relax can work wonders for one's concentration."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Clark Miller)
    Prince Asa Clarke

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking •• Handsome
    Presence ●●●●●
    Charismatic/Commanding
    Need to set these up
    The Prince's Ghoul • Cozette Muriel
    The Prince's Ghoul • Olivette Angeline

+1
    SL
    PRE

Asa sketched a small bow before pulling Twist's hand up to give a soft kiss and followed. He would have offered to lead; parting the sea of revelers with his broad shoulders and imposing height, but couldn't deny the enthusiasm that he trailed in the wake of.

Fingers produced one of those eye-catching exclusive cards, and he gestured to the bartender to include the two women even as he half-leaned on it as a bulwark for their elbow room against other patrons.

"I was worried at the beginning,"
    he laughed, "But you caught on fast."

He couldn't deny Sonnie's evaluation of the allure of dancing --to him at least-- but he left the question for Twist to field and cue him on what she chose to reveal or lie outlandishly about.
    Description: 6'4, with an invitingly easy charm. Speaks with a slow cadence that borders on a drawl, but without an accent. Subtle hints of wealth in clothing and accouterments.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tucking into the space that Asa held with the ease of familiarity, Twist ordered once the flashed card had done its job at gathering the attention of a bartender.

"Oh yes," Twist agreed whole heartedly. She couldn't count the number of times she had delayed a Court arrival just to linger in the club, bathing in it.

Laughing, "The same. Not as often as I would like. It can be difficult to find a good partner." She wasn't bitter, but she did miss them. And the dances they did on and off the dance floor.

"He's right," she said glancing up to Asa. "You kept up with us," a faint pause, a flicker of thoughtful frown, "wonderfully," she finished. Though by the look on her face it wasn't quite the word she had been trying to find.

Shaking off the hiccup in language, she smiled and narrowed her eyes in humorous curiosity at Sonnie, "So if you don't dance professionally, what do you do?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

After ordering a fresh drink, she looked back to the very attractive couple and smiled widely, "Me? Oh, nothing important. I'm just a delivery girl. Though I do practice parkour and martial arts, so I'm not unfamiliar with coordinated physical activity." She nodded proudly.

Look at me with the big words.

Shush.

They act like they're surprised I was any good.

Begone, insecurities!

Not bloody likely.

"But, you two!" Sonnie smirked and wagged a finger at Asa and Twist, "You've obviously danced together a lot. You were so in sync!"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora listens as Sera and her laconic pirate speak, offering their encouragement to Nathaniel and... her? A faint smile belies her intent to remain polite, but she offers little.

Seraphina's talk of experience and pleasure does elicit a raised brow though, hidden as it was behind the mask.

"Ah, well," she begins taking a moment to formulate her response, but coming up with very little, "My pleasures are different than others, I'm afraid."

Then came a buzz, drawing Lenora's attention to her clutch and, thus, her phone. Looking over it, the quiet woman's expressions waxes to one of light irritance. Then a sigh as she turns her attention back to company and rolls her shoulders to shake off the irritation.

"Alas, it seems when we speak of the devil it appears," she says as she stands, "I apologize, but I must take my leave. It seems my work is not yet done this evening. Though I am glad Nathan has found his way to more... capable hands that might assist in his entry to Sacramento."

A glance to Nathaniel is offered.

"I wish you luck in your adjustment, Mr. Dormur," s
    he says, her tone cool and cordial, "Perhaps we will chance upon each other again."

With that, the Hidden Lord departed, weaving through the crowd and, eventually, exiting into the cool Autumn air.

Lenora leaves the scene

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread