Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap waits outside, stalking in the shadows, in coyote form, watching the House, the palatial manse on the expansive if neglected grounds of the Chapter House of the Ordo Dracul. The invitation, an address was sent. His Slave will come.

Sleeping on the Blacktop

Sunshine beating on the good times
    Moonlight raising from the grave
    String band playing worn out honkey-tonks
    Pretty young thing going dancing in the rain

High heel lady spitting at the nickajack
    Business man with a needle and a spoon
    Coyote chewing on a cigarette
    Pack o' young boys going howlin' at the moon

Hey darlin'!
    Sleeping on the blacktop
    Hey darlin'!
    Running through the trees honey
    Hey darlin'!
    Leaving for the next town
    Less'n my sense catches up with me

Three dead in a crash on the number 4
    Two witnesses below and up high
    Not sure whose will be done
    You can call me a sinner for wondering why

Hey darlin'!
    Sleeping on the blacktop
    Hey darlin'!
    Hey darlin'!

Corn liquor tastes sweeter in this town
    Could it be it's the same as the last?
    I swear I've seen ya face elsewhere before
    Just as familiar as a bottle and a glass

Hey darlin'!
    Sleeping on the blacktop
    Hey darlin'!
    Hey darlin'!

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek arrives at the Chapter House in response to Dirt Nap's invitation. The neglect is apparent in its appearance. The un-managed lawn and the growth of ivy about its facade gives him pause to wonder what the place looked like when Dragons held a majority of support in the Domain. And now only he and Dirt Nap remain.

The Shadow wears his usual hoodie, jean, and sneaker ensemble, pulling up in his black Honda Fit and exiting the vehicle. The knife is at his belt in a holstered sheath and a cell phone in his hoodie pocket. He isn't sure what to expect from this exchange, or why they were to meet at this location.

He approaches the door, expecting to find the Scribe inside.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

The door is locked and feels quite sturdy and solid despite some neglect. As Derek makes this discovery, he senses a weak Beast. Gleaming predator eyes reflecting moonlight are on him from behind. A coyote stands at a distance in the driveway behind him, radiating the telltale hunger of the Beast. It stares and then makes a soft sound like a cough as if trying to communicate some idea.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek spins around and takes a stance, his hand reaching for his knife in reaction as he stands on the threshold of the house. After a moment his tight grip on the handle loosens and he straightens himself. He had not seen Dirt Nap in his shapeshifted form, but it does seem to reflect the down-to-earth Savage.

Of all the Kindred that Derek has met, this one seems the most in-tune with his Beast. It brings a strange quality of solace, perhaps trust, despite the growl of his own Beast at the encroaching rival.

Derek takes a few steps towards him and then resonates with his own Beast, speaking while conveying a primal meaning of respect and well wishes. Good evening, Scribe.

Feral Whispers, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-25 13:46:19 Derek Menzies rolls 3 to use Feral Whispers [MAN-1(untrained)+Animalism] (10 Again) 1, 7, 9 1 success

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

The coyote seems to nod and then, from it issues a complex series of postures and sounds which Derek interprets quite easily!

"<<You have learned well, Slave. You are ready to begin working on your chrysalis. The door key is under that rock to the side there. Keep it. For now, you will be responsible for getting the place into working order and looking presentable. Now. Let's go in, and I will show you were you will be locked in for your chrysalis.>>"

When Derek obeys, and the door is opened, the coyote slips easily and quickly past him, into the dark mansion trotting deep into its depths, and leading Derek down into a sub basement which looks like a medieval dungeon.

It directs Derek to another key, for the cell alone, and then for Derek to lock himself in the cell, and to lay the key outside the bars of the cell door. Then the predator takes the keys up delicately in its mouth and moves back out of reach, settling down to watch.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Derek tenses, looking seriously at the coyote as the meaning hits him. He glances to the key's location and back to Dirt Nap before nodding slowly. He moves to locate the key and unlock the door as ordered. As his mentor slips in, Derek quickly shuts the door in order to keep up with the Savage.

The Shadow has only a brief glance at the interior of the Chapter House, eyes glancing about as he follows deeper, his vampire vision giving him a sense of his surroundings in the darkness. The dungeon sends a lump in his throat to plummet heavily into his dormant stomach.

He hesitates as Dirt Nap directs him into the cell, his mind knowing no amount of preparation will make it any easier. And then after the moment passes, Derek pushes his body to obey and lock himself within.

The chrysalis, the process of Change. This would bring him to his first step to conquer the fear inside him. Would it be worth the risk? Or would it bring him more swiftly to his inevitable ruin?

<<W..what...now>> he asks, trying to suppress the fear he feels.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

The coyote stares at Derek through the bars of his cage.

"<<You do what you choose. You can try to Chrysalis, Sleep like Torper. Will yourself to change. Same will you use to fight. Same change you use to hear beast talk and understand. Change in your mind is change in your body. You wake up or you do not wake up. Or you can choose to try to stay awake and hunger and frenzy and test the bars.>>"

Youre choice whether to write something here or in a glimpse.

Closed Thread