(girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sorry for delay

Mable nods to Seth, "Glad you are willing to try. I know it can be more difficult for some to acclimate to changes. I appreciate the efforts."

"Security is always a priority for me. But for formal courts there are more of us gathered and that alone can mean a greater potential for danger to our domain. Therefore, more security."

A beast approached. Mable saw red for a moment before pushing beast back down, "Good evening Miss Gray. How are you doing?" Mable smiled at her.

Derek approached, "Thank you, Reeve. I really appreciate your attention to detail. Oh, I still would like to meet with you about getting the Farm security under control. And I really have no idea how to go about my cyber security."

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Hide Emotions, 1sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-23 09:08:01 Derek Menzies rolls 6 to hide his emotions [WIT+Sub] (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 5, 4, 3 1 success
    Elle can plainly see that Derek betrays many indications of fear. His snappy movements, his darting eyes, his clenching hands that flex and pick at the fabric of his clothes. There is a lot of pressure on this Reeve, and he seems unaccustomed to that title and authority. Begging the question of why such a Kindred was given the position in the first place.

"Everything is perfectly fine, Ms. Grey," he lies, a brief flicker of panic crossing his expression in the strain of his facial features. He forces a smile, but no joy in it.

"I'm sure I've seen you in attendance before, but as the esteemed Archon mentioned, it is a daunting task to familiarize oneself with the entirety of the Domain. I'm sure it's come up before, but if you would entertain me, what brings you to Sacramento, to Her Grace's Domain? As the dichotomy goes, business or pleasure?"

He glances to Mable as she addresses him. "I would be happy to, Keeper Wood. When you say cybersecurity, do you mean you have a network you wish secured? Or is that in addition to other defenses? Such as, oh, let's say, motion detectors, alerts and alarms and such?"

3. Likes Psychangel liked this post
    E
    Elle

Elle raises her eyebrow when Derek reassures her, a way of letting him know she knew but that at the same time he had no need for the innocent deception and shadow play with her - it was ok to be afraid...

"And I'm quite sure a lot of effort goes into keeping it that way... if one day you need help, let me know." The Daeva finally encouraged the insecure Mekhet.

Once the Reeve poses the question about her reasons to be in the domain she can't help but flash a smile. Business or pleasure? As if one could live without the other.

"Well, Reeve, the answer to that question depends on who is asking." There is a brief pause and her eyes and smile settle briefly on the shadow. "...if it's Reeve Mitnick or a curious kindred that wouldn't be afraid of going out with a mysterious stranger to grab a few drinks."

And by Elle's tone of voice nothing meant she couldn't give Mitnick both answers. She just didn't make it so obvious but it was obvious she was in town for both business and pleasure. She then remained attentive to Mable's conversation about security measures and a farm - interesting.

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

The explanation seemed decent, but Seth felt there was more... Still, he wouldn't press further. "Well, if you wish for someone to test the effectiveness of your plans so far, I have no problem volunteering." It was certainly said with a twinge of humor, but also with much seriousness. It was a job Seth was perhaps more equipped for than most.

Ah. Another beast. "Cousin. I haven't seen you much since the Storage Unit fiasco. Are you eating well?" They could be a source of knowledge. Cyber-security was an area Seth was lacking in, and knowing more on such a matter would no doubt be necessary in future exploits.

Then a stronger one. She seemed familiar... "And... I actually don't think we've met. Seth Kind. A pleasure." A far-off from the extravagant entrances he usually made.
    Anything else?

6. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable watched and listened to her companions.

Mable looked at Derek as he spoke, she knew he was trying to cover up something, but what it?
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 09:53:03 Mable Wood rolls 3 to empathy check on derek (10 Again) 10, 10, 6, 2, 6 2 successes

In response to Derek's questions, "Umm, Yes?" She gave a nervous giggle. "I'm alone at the farm and would love to have some sort of alerts if anyone is messing around the property. But also the computer stuff needs protecting. I want to do research and messaging without prying eyes. I heard there is a browser you can use that hides your searches. So anything like that would help."

Mable smiled at Elle, was she flirting with Derek? Was it for fun or did she want something. Paranoid Much Mable? Mable thought to herself.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 09:53:57 Mable Wood rolls 3 to empathy check on elle (forgot dice last roll) (10 Again) 9, 4, 3 1 success

Then Seth. What the hell was up with him. He has been prickly as a hedgehog for as long as she knew him. Now he was offering to help. Mable couldn't help but wonder if he had an ulterior motive which wasn't so kind? Then she decided to just give him the benefit of the doubt.
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 09:54:14 Mable Wood rolls 3 to empathy check on seth (10 Again) 5, 1, 7 failure

"Mr. Kind, that is very sweet of you to offer your services. That might not be a bad idea. What do you think, Reeve?"

8. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

His expression changes to minor confusion, perhaps an internal conflict within himself as he answers Elle, "Offers of assistance are always welcome. Though I am unfamiliar as to your capabilities. So a chance to get to know you better may improve upon that."

He reaches into his pocket to acquire a card with his name, number, and email address. He offers it to Elle. "At your convenience, let me know when you might like to get together."

Somehow he seems more anxious about the future rendezvous than excited.

To Seth, he says, "Well enough. Though I would hardly count that incident as a fiasco. We were successful in the results, as I recall. But speaking of offers of assistance, I wouldn't mind your participation in the preparations Keeper Wood has in mind for her farm."

He seems somewhat melancholy when addressing Seth, as if reminded of some regret.

To Mable, he says, "While browsers may hide your searches from other users on your personal machines, that search data is always listed somewhere. Whether on the servers that you use to conduct your searches or the servers you visit themselves. There's always a trail to follow if you're not careful. I can instead set you up with a VPN proxy that will be much more effective for your purposes. From what I gather, the security you have in mind might come with some cost attached. At least for the motion sensors and integrated security system. I can send you a quote for the cost if you plan to cover it yourself."

E
    Elle

Gangrel flaw

Poker Face: 1 success (defender wins)
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 15:33:56 Elle Grey rolls 7 to Poker Face: wits + sub (10 Again) 4, 5, 1, 3, 8, 1, 7 1 success

It's difficult to understand exactly what is Elle's objective, between the words, the smiles and the subtle changes in voice tone it all just happens fast - the clues to the insights buried under all that noise.

"Hello Mr. Kind, it's nice to meet you, I'm Elle Grey." For a moment Elle thought about extending her hand to greet Seth but that didn't happen, instead the Daeva just smiled kindly, apparently pleased to know another kindred - and one with a weaker beast.

And the Reeve's card goes puff! 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 15:45:58 Elle Grey rolls 5 to Card Trickery: Dex + Lar + Blood + spec - 5 for effect (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 10, 1, 5, 3 2 successes

Once the Reeve extends the card the Daeva flickers it between her fingers and it disappears just like any card sharp would do. Blood infused fingers moved dexterously to hide the card away imperceptibly in front of everyone.

"One of my many skills... it's amazing to entertain people at dinner parties or other similar occasions." There is a shrug clearly dismissing her own feat. "I'll contact you soon." And once she opens the hand the card is there again and Elle reads the contents, apprently enthused with the perspective of meeting the Reeve.

Afterwards she remained content to spectate and hear more details about this farm, Seth, Mable and Mitnick and all this computer stuff...

E
    Elle

Booking expenditure

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

(Just A Simple Parlor Tricks)Vitae 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Would anyone have been able to discern what exactly Seth meant by all this, they would clearly see something ulterior. Though, given the nature of their kind, that could mean any number of things. Regardless, Mr. Kind didn't seem the suicidal type in terms of gunning for the Court... Or, if he was such, he felt that this court would be permissive or forgiving or such intrigue.

"I'm sure my cousin has assisted you in the construction of such measures thus far? No doubt he is also perfectly capable of testing such systems, though such results might be less reliable given his hand in the designs. Should you wish to utilize my services, just give me a task to test the security." It could be something as simple as leaving a package somewhere they did not find in time, or as complex as sneaking something into the Court. Or even testing the electronic measures of security in place. Regardless, Seth would make a fun game of it. "If you wish, my Cousin could accompany me throughout- I'm sure it wouldn't do to give me the run of the place." Overly giving, overly nice... Creepy perhaps, with a clear motive. Granted Mr. Kind had already expressed a desire to adapt and suit the court more, so maybe this was genuinely a part of that, helping as a thief could?

And while they were at it, maybe he was also going to repent for his slights and join the Lancea. Or something else wholly unlike his past acts.

At his cousin and their job together. "I suppose we were, weren't we? From what I've heard your successes have let you move up in the world. I'm glad." Genuinely. Though of course questions were underneath the statement. "I would love to learn more about electronic security with you sometime. My physical exploits lately have been quite excellent, but the technical side of things could use improvement." As it was now, the heists needed to keep his income meant cracking into places with better security. Lockpicks and combinations found on a sticky note weren't going to cut it for much longer.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 16:49:48 Seth Kind rolls 6 to Examine the Trick (Wits + Larceny, perception roll on Larceny) (10 Again) 4, 1, 5, 1, 8, 6 1 success

Then the new face, and her sleight of hand. Seth was by no means an expert on thievery, but he knew from his experience with a dartboard how simple parlor tricks could turn into deadly acts. What else did this one have up her sleeve?.. Whatever the machinations, the act seemed quite skillful, enough for it's mechanisms to evade the thief's eyes at least.
    "A pleasure, Miss Grey. I'm quite curious to see what else you can do- I'd love to meet up some time to talk? I know a lovely art showing about to happen downtown."

At this, the thief held out his hand and... Just for a moment, if someone were observant, they might notice the business card bounce around his hand and across his fingers, before landing right in his palm- flickering briefly for the new arrival's eyes so she would understand the intent of the gesture... Perhaps with the most subtle change as his smile seemed to brighten. Not an attempt to upstage her- not publicly at least, or he would've had much more of a show. No, this little trick looked to be meant for the two of them.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 16:52:54 Seth Kind rolls 8 to Perform a Trick (Dexterity + Larceny + BP) (10 Again) 5, 7, 10, 3, 9, 10, 6, 6, 8, 6 4 successes

She wasn't the only one with parlor tricks. And whether that invite to an art show was to see it, or to have fun with it, was entirely up to one's interpretation. The card contained his phone number and name, but other than that was quite plain.
    Anything else?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable struggled not to giggle with delight as cards appeared and disappeared. She was always a fan of magic. One little giggle escapes and she smiled with delight. "You folks are very fun to watch."

Then she replied with some seriousness to Derek, "I believe I will hold off on any weird searches until you can see what I am doing. And a quote would be wonderful."

"Any testing of the security here at the Nox can go through the Reeve. One of my greatest concerns is for exterior surveillance. When I was new to the domain, I happened upon a private detective setting up cameras in the wall of the back alley. That situation was neutralized. But that doesn't mean it can't happen again. We have a good security inside, and no one has attacked the kindred within these walls as far as I know. And I mean to keep it that way. I trust the Reeve with maintaining the security." Mable smiled at Derek.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread