Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

Larceny Perceptions
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-28 09:05:43 Derek Menzies rolls 4 to see through Seth's trick [WIT+Larceny] (10 Again) 7, 5, 7, 3 failure
    2019-10-28 09:04:54 Derek Menzies rolls 4 to see through Elle's trick [WIT+Larceny] (10 Again) 2, 10, 2, 6, 8 2 successes

The card tricks are impressive, and Derek's brow rises with surprise and then promptly furrows with concern before evening out in mild relief. He realizes it's a trick, not the same as the supernatural effect that he is accustomed to performing. Though he cannot say the same of Seth. A fellow Shadow and suspected mischief-maker, Derek wonders if the card has been shrouded in such a fashion.

He forces a nervous smile. "Now now, I wouldn't want there to be rumors that a Discipline has been used within Elysium. I joke of course. Very impressive though," he remarks, issuing the warning without making it too serious.

He says to Mable, "And Mr. Kind is quite right. Any good security system should be tested by someone who is not entirely familiar with it. I'm certain we can find something that works for you and within your budget."

2. Likes Hades_Roses, Psychangel liked this post

The Barren Thief
    Dexterity
    (slender figure)
    Composure
    Status
    (Criminals. "Sable")
    Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Seth Kind

OCC
    PRE

Oh? Mable seemed to like the tricks. That might be useful for later.

And on the matter of security. "I leave it only as a suggestion, and should you wish for me to put it through it's paces I shall go to every extent." Even supernatural ones, though that might have been unfair.

A laugh at his cousin's nervous demeanor towards the use of disciplines, a genuine one- Seth found the joke to be funny. "No, I wouldn't either. The laughter faded into a more serious note with the thief still not revealing the card held in his palm, the card waiting for Elle to take. "Though in all seriousness, it might do to account for such measures. Thorough pat-downs will reveal most hidden things." And they would have to be thorough. The number of times the thief managed to sneak his tools and weapons past mundane security teams...
    Anything else?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get. A few years ago, the farm was attacked and burned. I make no attempts to hide the farm from kindred nor kine. This puts me at perhaps a bit more risk physically." Mable did not add that she was more concerned for the cats safety then her own.

"Also, with all the hacking, and cyber attacks which happen I really worry about people getting into my files or seeing my searches. Also, some Crones have been really into research and I would like to provide a safe environment for researching. And of course anyone else who wishes to use the farm for a research post."
    Mable really did appreciate what each of them brought to the table.

"Miss Grey, I just realized you may not know where the Farm is located." Mable produced her own business cards and offered them to whomever needed or wanted one. "Please know you are always welcome to visit. And if you or any of you need a place to stay, I do have accommodations for you." Mable offered her hospitality to the group.

"I'm sorry, my manners are very lacking. I am sure you folks would like to talk about more than my trivial security issues. And I am very interested in how you all are doing these days... is there anything I can do to help?" Mable left an open offer for assistance and conversation.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"If I am not mistaken, I believe you are already a great help to Her Grace's Domain, Keeper Wood. But I'm afraid the hour is late, and it may be best we all say our goodbyes for the evening. But it has been a pleasure speaking with all of you."

"Ms. Grey, I look forward to our next encounter. Keeper. Cousin. I hope to see you soon for this security affair at the Circle's Farm."

Derek remains to receive any farewells the others wish to offer before heading back into the Court proper to see that no Kindred overstay their welcome.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

forgot to close. Great scene thanks

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread