Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily had promised to teach Matt Joule how to do the Rite of Dedication, and she made good on her promises. She even wanted to feed people for a change, rather than letting Matt bring food every time. She wasn't actually a bad cook - living alone makes you learn - but she knew she was a bit lazy herself.

The Garage was closed up, the scaffolding and building work going on surrounding it, but the light from her apartment above is shining.

Open evening, that was what it was. Anyone that wanted to learn a Rite, the Clarion Call's Ritemaster would oblige.

The Ithaeur poured herself a drink (half coke, half vodka - if she was going to teach, she was going to have a drink first) and checked the food in the oven.

Now to wait and see who would show up.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt brought food nonetheless, possibly unaware Emily was going to cook, or that she could cook. The scent of take out Mongolian barbecue wafts through the garage before Mat's own scent is apparent.

"Hey." Matt says as he brings in four big bags of hot take out food.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

"In here!" Emily calls from the kitchen. Even with the bbq the smell of Mexican spices is clear through the apartment. "I thought it would be cool if I..... oh." The Crescent stops dead at the sight of the hulking Rahu with the bags on his arms. "Aw, man.... I made enchiladas and stuff," she says, jerking a thumb over her shoulder. "You keep bringing things, and, well..." she trails off, and finishes off her drink.

"Eh. Whatever. Gives me a bunch of food anyway." She sighs and begins pouring from an open bottle of vodka into her glass and tops it up with coke. "Go on through, grab a seat. Get you anything? Beer? Water?"

In the living room t here's a collection of ritually-looking odments in a box - bones, fetish-looking objects, a few scribbly diaries and battered pages. The Crescent passes him his drink of choice and drops into an armchair opposite him. "I genuinely have no idea if anyone else wants to come, so I guess I just ask you now. Can you actually, like, do any rituals at all? I need to know where I'm starting from here," she says casually.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt stops, surprised. "I didn't know you cooked." He says. He sets the bags of food where Emily indicated and then says, "Can I still have some of the enchiladas and stuff?" He asks. "It smells good, and I can eat a lot, don't worry. Usually I'm holding back so everyone else gets some too."

Matt shakes his head, "Nope. Nada. I don't really know anything about it." He says. "I'd say 'tell it to me like I don't know anything', but really I don't."

He grins. "At least if it takes longer than you thought, we won't starve."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Course I can cook! I don't live on the leftovers of the takeout you bring, y'know," the Crescent retorts, grinning. "Course you can have some. Still be five minutes-ish."

She sips her drink. "Okay, cool. I remember what it's like to start from scratch, so let's jump straight in, I guess."

Emily cracks her knuckles and he neck and and shakes a little in the chair. "Rituals are just that - a traditional pact channelling energy that manipulates the spirit into doing certain things. Everyone knows about the famous ones - Spirit branding, Binding, Warding, the Sacred Hunt - ones supposedly passed down by big Daddy Wolf himself when he kept the spirit in Harmony. They take practice to get right, and we Crescents tend to have an innate feel for them - that's a part of why we're the spirit talkers." She stops and swigs some more of the drink. "Each ritual is done a certain way and takes a certain amount of time. You can boost power for them based on location, style, even the phase of the moon in the sky. But, that's all deeper stuff. For what you want, basically, to not be butt-naked when you shift back to Hishu from a wolf form, it pretty simple stuff. Just remember Rituals are flexible. What works for me may need a few tweaks for you. Okay?"

Emily reaches into the box and pulls out a leather-bound diary with a celtic knot embossed on the front. Flicking through some pages, Matt will recognised the Ithaeur's scribbly writing. "This is one of my ritual books, where-"

Someting begins bleeping from the kitchen. Emily jumps up, completely derailed, and runs into the kitchen. There is a few minutes of rattling around and then she re-emerges, carrying two huge plates with two thickly-stuffed enchiladas heavy with sauce and cheese. "Voila!" She announces brightly, offering Matt a plate. "Told you I was good!"

They do smell delicious.

8. Likes Ruach, Mark liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

When Emily returns with the plates, Matt sets down the book which he has been apparently reading or maybe skimming because he seems to have made fast progress! Either he's a very fast reader or he was just looking at the pictures.

He takes one of the plates and begins eating the stuffed enchilada with a gusto! "It's good!" He says with a very full mouth!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily burps loudly. "Of course it's good! I'm good at making things, buddy."

She begins munching on the enchiladas on her own plate. "Om.... well. Sho. The thing about Ritual ish you gotta, *ulp*, gotta try and figure out what works for you. It's part ceremony, part art, part math."

She scratches her head. "The Rite of Dedication is pretty easy. So, here's what you do." She continues to give the description.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt grunts, concentrates on Emily’s guidance and then he relaxes and tries to do as she described!

So what do I do? I really don’t know anything about rites; do I make a roll? Do I spend essence? I don’t even know the official name of the rite) I tried searching for pants rite and got bupkis. ?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Rites are a bit fuzzy in 1E as to how they are performed. You roll your Harmony in dice. To do it successfully you need a rank of Ritual (8xp) and to buy the Rite of Dedication (2xp).

Emily outlines her version of the Rite of Pants - or, as it's actually called, the Rite of Dedication, that dedicates clothes until the next sunrise to merge with the owner when they shapeshift.

The Ithaeur's version is a bit like a voodoo ritual, casting bones around the clothing and scattering water over it.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt focuses, cutting his arm and smearing blood on his pants and shoes and shirt.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-31 20:30:02 Matt rolls 6 to learning a ritual! (Harmony 6) (10 Again) 8, 4, 5, 9, 3, 4 2 successes

Got it! Thanks! I found it! I have to spend experience though!
    Rite of Dedication

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread