Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Divided and Bound

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Suffering brings Enlightenment." she reiterates. "An epiphany allowed by the grace of the Goddess." They were so alike, and so very different. Was it her fate within the boundaries of Sacramento to meet her mirrors. Inverted and strange. Dirge and now Patience?

"I think my question has an answer." she says, a murmur against the sloshing of the water. "Are you...." inactive "Meditating when you have no task, to...express your service?" She asks, turning her face and her open sockets towards her cousin, wondering, if, perhaps her own faith seemed a lesser thing, all of her fumbled, missed steps, all of her vows and promises broken by torpor, forced as it was.

Parsing through Patience's words, Alice nods, head jerking as those invisible strings pull. "Family is something to take seriously. For all our differences, it is always US against Them, no matter the bounds made or promises spoken Above. They do not and will not ever know what it is like to be Nosferatu." A smile, sharp and wide and fake appears, "Yes. No matter what separates us Above, we are Family, and we will defend each other, we will claw our way back to the place of pride. And hold it."

More silence, as comfortable as it is able between two Haunts, in this sanctuary blooms, before the stem is cut, "I have more stories, for when" not if, "you wish to hear them."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Mirrors mirroring mirrors. Thoughts mirroring thoughts.

Patience is also trapped within the play of reflections. Fixed before her own inversion. Attracted and repulsed all at once.

Wondering how this will all work out in the end. Patience decides to leave that in the Lord's hands.

"I spend some nights in prayer, yes. But as long as the Kine draw breath, my duty is not done. And now, with my position in the domain and in our family, and with this place requiring so much repair..." she trails off. The implications should be clear: Patience is well occupied. "And you, cousin? What, outside of your...faith," she decides to be charitable, "detains you?"

Again, Patience is seized by that strange sense of unity despite all differences. As if she and this Doll are two sides of the same coin: intimately bound and yet destined never to occupy the same place, unable to reach true consensus. "We will need to plan. And act carefully." The others will always detest them and so the Nosferatu must work, as always, from the shadows. "I have already made it clear to the Prince and her Herald that clan Nosferatu will serve the domain in all things. And for our service, we will collect ample reward."

Patience lets the silence wash over her and then responds to her cousins offer with an offer of her own: "I look forward to them. But, tell me, is there anything I can do to help ease your return to the Domain?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice is still as she contemplates.

"Recently, the Necropolis. Before my long sleep, I saw to the duties as Seneschal. I would spend time with those that I enjoyed spending time with." she says, feeling distant, "Though, there are few within the Domain that remain...I will need to seek out these new kindred, and, see." See if they were worth the effort, to see if she needed to keep them in check. See if any of them needed to disappear.

A hollow empty laugh, "Once, nearer towards the end of my time as things were....I was in a Coterie with Ale, and another. Who was a Deava, and I would ask myself what she would do. And then I would do it. Just to see. Just to know. I am a novelty to most, and it kept me entertained, while I...worked through things that needed to be worked through." she says, attempted for truth, even as she settled for vagueries.

"That we do Cousin. They will expect is to be united, for our Clan, but easily divided because of our Covenants. We can show them what they expect, as long as those Below know the truth." she kicks out her feet again, splashing water and feeling the droplets, "Ale's partial towards the Nosferatu, or I believe she is, because of me. I used to invite her to sit beside me as you are now."

Alice considers, her cousin's words, and smiles. A grotesque thing ,stretching her cheeks too wide, showing teeth and fangs, gleaming in the flickering candlelight, "Knowing that I have a cousin, bound Below, who understands is all the help I need regarding my return."

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but we should wind it down, as we're over time, and this seems like a natural stopping place

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Blunt)
    Contacts
    (Street)
    Patience

Nosferatu Curse
    Something is...off about Patience’s face. Or is it her body as a whole, the way she carries herself? Something’s not quite right in any event, though you can never seem to say exactly what that may be. A subtle asymmetry of her features, an odd cock of the eye or twist of the lips? A barely detectable wrongness in the set of her limbs, in the rhythm of her walk? An unlocatable strangeness: it’s all the more disquieting because that ‘something’ can’t be named, tracked down, and assigned a place. In fact, it seems to change moment to moment, depending on where she is in the room and where you are in relation to her.

NOS
    PRE

Seneschal... Alice's place within the city is coming into focus. Friend and coterie mate to the prince. Former seneschal. Keeper of the Necropolis. Patience's cousin is more than just a heretic. She is a returning luminary.

It bodes well for their Family. Even as it disturbs the Bishop. Alice's once and future power in Sacramento can cut both ways.

"A novelty..." there's a note of sadness when Patience echoes that word. She wants to offer the Doll her company, yet knows she is not anyone's idea of fun. Even so: "Know that I am available to you, whenever necessary."

Yes, their strength is the strength of the underground. Of caverns and pockets deep within the earth. Of impenetrable darkness. "Yes. Let them see what they need to. Meanwhile we will grow. I will begin work here, below, immediately."

The Prince's attitude toward their clan is duly noted. Something of a relief given Patience's plans to meet with Ale in the near future...

"I am going to touch your face," Patience warns before reaching out and brushing the Doll's cheek with her fingertips. Only for moment. The Bishop's skin feels rough, like shark's skin. It's disconcerting. "We are, cousin. Bound. One way or another. I pray that the Lord gives us strength." Patience falls silent then. Letting the peace of their place surround her, engulf her.

Content, for the moment, to meditate on the trials to come beside Alice.

No problem--I'm ready to wrap if you are. Thanks for the great scene!

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There is quite, save the motion of the water beneath, Alice has revealed much, and in doing so tests and trusts her Cousin.

"Well, we shall make a note of it." She murmurs remembering her scheduling book. "I would enjoy spending time with you, we are different but we are Family." and as this night had shown, that is more than enough.

"Good. I wish you luck in locating the Temple." she smiles, wide and sharp and fake. "I will continue my work here, and securing the facade Above."

Alice's head is tilted, strings loose on one side, while taut on the other, passively she allows her Cousin's touch. Exploring the sensation of rough skin, before that fades into nothing, something that might pass for normalcy for but a moment, before the skin changes again. Alice wonders now, on how her cousin looks. On how she is perceived by others.

A hollow laugh, laking in much but meaning more.

"And I pray that the Crone guide our steps in the night."

End Scene!
    Thanks for this awesome scene!

9. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread