Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
Halloween Clinic - Page 2
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Halloween Clinic

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

Mobius, a little worse for wear after the long hike, does her best to approach the gathered mages gingerly. Two of them she knew, Doc and Spark of course, but the other one was new to her. She introduced herself in turn, "Mobius." she strained, still catching her breath a little.

"Death? We can figure out anything, given enough time." She says to spark, a pun for every situation. And finally sure turns to Anima, "Hey Doc. I brought my camera." She says, pulling her iPhone out, and activating the camera mode. She then takes a moment to examine the immediate outer workings of the clinic. Smaller than she was expecting for a hospital, being only one story. In particular she was checking for any signs of recent use or habitation. Never know when there might be squatters.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-19 22:44:32 Mobius rolls 7 to Perception (10 Again) 8, 5, 7, 3, 10, 2, 4, 4 2 successes

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima frowns at Spark, "So closed minded my friend, assumptions will get us no where. The issue here might not be ghosts at all, it could be that this place has a corrupted hallow and the spirits here have been driven mad. With a deteriorating Gauntlet their influence could easily be bleeding into our reality. We must investigate and be ready for any possibility."

The good doctor then smiles at the Papillio, "Welcome and Happy Halloween." He pops open the metal case he's carrying and pulls out a strange looking device.

"That's great Mobius, please have it ready to capture what every amazing spectral entities were going to stumble across here." Flipping on the EMF reader he begins to take a scan of the area in front of the entrance.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-20 01:06:30 Anima rolls 6 to Peer across the Gauntlet (10 Again) 7, 7, 4, 4, 3, 5 failure

Anima frowns and bangs the device against his palm a few times.

"Ah, there we go."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-20 01:07:01 Anima rolls 5 to Peer Across the Gauntlet (-1, second attempt) (10 Again) 9, 10, 1, 7, 3, 3 2 successes

"Now let's take a look across the Gauntlet and see what's going on here."

2 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-20 01:17:13 Anima rolls 6 to Perception (please subtract gauntlet strength from roll) (10 Again) 9, 6, 7, 8, 6, 6 2 successes

Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

While Spark and Papilio converse, the other two mages get down to business.

Mobius takes a few moments to walk around their immediate area, around the entrance to the old hospital; the harsh light of her phone scything eerily through the gathering darkness. Her inspection reveals nothing out of the ordinary - no obvious signs of habitation but that does not mean that someone makes use of the site from time to time. She finds some cigarette butts and a few broken bottles.

At least the evidence is old. Whoever passed through here is long gone. Yet clearly, someone or some people did make use of the ruin at some point in the recent past.

Anima has an inner struggle with his Supernal abilities, but in the end he is rewarded for his persistence. As his Sight settles and adjusts, the Shaman becomes aware of just how thin the Gauntlet is in the immediate vicinity of the hospital*. When he concentrates his Will enough to brush through the gossamer frieze of the Gauntlet, he finds himself staring at the hospital's Shadow reflection:

The building stands alone in the shadowed landscape, slightly larger than its physical counterpart. This building, however, is layer upon layer of dust, rust, bleached bone concrete and thick stains that seemed to shimmer. The windows and doors yawn wider. He feels the place stare back at him, like an animal caught in his headlights - but he can't tell if thats because the animal is frightened to stillness or about to pounce.

For reference, the hospital's Gauntlet Strength is 2. Anima would know that this is a very low Gauntlet Strength for a human settlement, even one as abandoned as this.

4. Likes DeepSeas liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark pulled the flashlight out of his pocket and switched it on, he shined it at the door looking for a lock and through the glass. He wasn't looking for anything in particular at this moment just the door and general condition of the building's front. "Fair enough," He replied to Anima's admonishment of jumping to conclusions.
    "See anything interesting?"

The Prime move nods to Papilo, "I'm new here too, nice to meet ya."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-20 16:11:11 Spark rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 1, 10, 2, 3, 5 1 success

P
    Papilio

Spirits were also a potential reason for the rumors- perhaps even more so than ghosts.

"Indeed? I am glad there are new mages that seek a common goal. If spirits are involved, I should also be able to detect them. Though I am afraid our friend here might be better equipped for such a task." As this, Jean gestured to Anima, and his... Spirit Busting gear. "Regardless, I'm going to take a look- should I find anything interesting, I can see if granting you all such a sight would be an option."

The spell was simple enough, another must- have for exorcists and advisers of the dead. It helped that the spell was rather cost-effective....
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-21 17:51:16 Papilio rolls 6 to Speak with the Dead (Death + Gnosis) (10 Again) 5, 7, 1, 1, 7, 2 failure
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-21 17:51:39 Papilio rolls 6 to Speak with the Dead (Death + Gnosis) (10 Again) 4, 4, 3, 8, 2, 9 2 successes

...Especially considering the difficulties Papilipo seemed to have at first. But eventually, he managed to activate it.

"Now then, what problems are we here to fix today?" Opening his newfound senses, Papilio looked around to see what could be.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-21 17:55:21 Papilio rolls 5 to Let's See (Perception, Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 2, 4, 2, 6, 1 failure

The mage can see, hear and speak with ghosts within Twilight. He can also detect their unseen presence, if they are hiding or have chosen not to reveal themselves. He can see spirits within Twilight, too, but they appear hazy and indistinct and he cannot hear them

7. Likes Yumyumcrow, DeepSeas liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Looks like its been awhile since anyone has been here. Might have been a hang-out for local kids." She says, gently kicking around some of the broken bottles with her shoe. Mobius then meanders back towards Anima, figuring he is the best prepared to take the lead on this one - ghost busting equipment and what not. This definitely had slasher film written all over it.

Ghosts or spirits, she guessed that would be up to Doc and the new new guy to figure out. She had an inclination to accept Papilio's offer of death sight, but she remained silent, goosebumps forming on her skin at the thought of actually seeing or speaking with the departed. "Ready to go in?" she gestured toward the entrance. Her expression uncharacteristically serious.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"A few thing of note as we proceed," the Shaman begins as he takes a step towards the doors, stopping to glance back towards the group. "Spark, would you be as so kind to take notes." He turns and continues to the door of the building, "First, the Gauntlet is unnaturally thin here. On a scale of 1-5, I'd call this a 2. That could mean a number of things, perhaps a hollow exists here, though I doubt it. It may be the location of a cyclical Verge approaching it's day of Gauntlet collapse. Or other forces have weakened the gauntlet here. We might have to walk the Spirit Road and enter the Shadow to deal with this problem, but that is a bridge we'll cross when we get there. Once we finish our investigation I will strengthen the gauntlet myself to prevent an intrusion of spirits into the Twilight, but until I do so we should be on guard, for such entities could be waiting for us inside."

Finishing his speech Anima attempts to enter the building.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Spark confirms for himself what Mobius says - the immediate area is old, abandoned, and ruined. At least the building looks safe... enough... on a cursory inspection.

The Prime Mover focusses on the hospital's entry: it really is just a concrete maw now, for the doors and windows are all gone. Even the glass fragments are gone, ground to dust by time and neglect. The concrete is crumbling and stained with rust. Feeble grass is growing where dust, dirt, and debris has piled into drifts by the walls both inside and outside the building.

With the disappearing sun, there is no natural light inside the building. They will have to rely on their Sights and what torches they bring with them.

Papilio feels the Glyph of his new spell settle into his aura but otherwise detects nothing out of the ordinary. If there are any spirits or ghosts about, then they must be residing within the building itself.

Anima leads the way into the building. The entrance is not blocked and as long as you avoid the drifts that pile up in the corners and along the walls, the way is not that difficult.

Beyond the entrance stands the relatively small foyer. It is hard to imagine what the room would have looked like because all the furnishings and accoutrements are gone. The walls are bare concrete and the ceiling has a cavernous feeling to it as most of the tiling has been stripped away, revealing a decaying network of shattered ducts and piping as stark as veins.

There are no signs left for the group to orient themselves, so the effect is like walking into a curious maze or unnatural cavern.

The only sound is the crackling sound as the roof settles over their heads.

Nothing unusual yet, on the Sights.

They could go either right or left.

P
    Papilio

Papilio turned on his phone's flashlight and simply walked in, thinking that his sight would mean he should take point.
    Nothing yet. That was actually rather eerie. One would expect to have seen something by now, in a place so wrought with tales. "This is... Quite strange. I see nothing yet- no traces of ghosts or spirits. If they do exist, they will be deeper within." It could never be easy.

"I would suggest we stick together. With a Spirit and Death user in the same place, any foul we encounter in Twilight should be easier to deal with regardless of origin. Were we to separate, we may not be able to reach one another should the worst occur." A peek down both corridors... Nothing really discerning.

Papilio turns on his phone flashlight, and pulls out a coin. "I am no user of Fate, but unless anyone has a better idea...." A flip of the coin.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-23 15:16:22 Papilio rolls 1 to Flip a Coin (Odd left, Even right) (10 Again) 1 failure
    "Left looks as good a place to start." Papilio considered the idea of Omnivision- but with such low levels of light, eyes in the back of your head seemed pointless. For now. "I'm no tactician, but I suggest one of us-" He gestured to Anima and himself -take the front, and the other watching the back. Alternatively, if you would consent, I can see if it is possible to grant you all the ability to see as I do now." It might be best to prepare as best they could, before going deeper.

Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

PRE

"Yeah.. I'm just fine if we don't Scooby Doo this search." You didn't need fate, per se, but Mobius understood how someone would assume that. Precognition comes in many forms, maybe she could help out in this regard. She walks forward slowly, deliberately. Trying her best to remain equidistant between the two paths. She couldn't help but be a little excited when Anima mentions the possibility of a Hallow being present here, even if unlikely, that would be quite a prize. They only had to fight off a possible army of spirits first. Or maybe it was all nothing. Or maybe it was something.

Relax. She takes a deep breath to steady her mind, and reaches out her hand focusing on her fingertips. "Let me try something." Then she begins chanting quietly, the archaic words, the remnants of the supernal. Her eyes glassy, she does her best to follow the strands of time to possibility.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-24 00:38:46 [02] Mobius rolls 6 to Momentary Flux (Improvised, Gnosis + Time + HS) (10 Again) 10, 3, 2, 2, 7, 2, 5 1 success

She searches for the future. Which path would be the most advantageous?

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread