Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's mouth tightened into a thin line at the discussion of a toxin against Kindred. She had little love for such weapons. And if she was jumpy at the idea of Kindred researching rather than simply burn, burn, burning it all ... well, she had a history. But aside from that small gesture, she remained in her lounge, her thoughts held internally.

As Ale brought her more directly into the conversation though, she let the tension of the earlier topic fade from her visage and leaned forward into the discussion. "I have not seen a time when the officials responsible for maintaining Elysium have not been able to handle a problem," she stated simply. Actually ... had they ever finished dealing with that upstart neonate? She would have to remember to find the closet they had tucked him away into and find out.

Tilting her head to look at Derek, her dark eyes pools of shadow, "I also would like to question if in your plans you had considered the permissions of the owners of Nox?"

Her eyes on him, she held the tension for a long moment before shrugging slightly and looking toward the Prince. "If there is true cause for concern though," her tone conveying that she wasn't convinced there was, "Perhaps the Reeve and Keeper could work to set up a secondary Elysium? One that satisfies their need for security." It wouldn't be the first time the city had more than one. Of course, the city at one time had actually needed them.

As Ale moved the conversation on to understanding roles, Twist settled back against the cushions. She knew when she was part of the conversation and when she was not.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes West liked this post

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

A look is given to the Prince, and Derek's eyes go dancing back and forth between the Archon and Alessandra. He goes quiet, his gaze then focusing on the tabletop of the desk before her.

"I believe I have a much better understanding of my role now, Your Grace. I will focus my attentions more appropriately in the future."

At Twist's questions he answers, "I assumed the Nox is owned by Her Grace. And my proposals were only that, a request for consideration and permission. If you believe there is no reason for concern then that is enough to relieve my own."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale simply nods her head.

“I also wouldn’t have people in positions if I wasn’t confident in their ability to handle any situations that arise.” She wouldn’t have some be Reeve who she thought couldn’t handle themselves. That put not only her, but the Domain as a whole at risk.

There was a hint of a smirk as Twist speaks. “The Domain has held multiple Elysiums in the past. Should a suitable location be presented, it is something to consider.” She had thought about it if she decided to open her own business.

“It’s not that you haven’t been focusing appropriately, I would just want to know how Elysium was under threat before moving forward with any changes. Not that I’m against changes, because if we need to make changes to keep the Kindred of this Domain safe, then we will.” Without question. “And knowing the safety of Elysium is on your mind is a good thing. Perhaps we can bring something back,” she begins, “back when I first arrived, Kindred often went on patrols of sorts around the Domain. Keeping an eye out for problems and people who should be here. Maybe we can see if some wanted to take that up again. It’s a great way to get to know the Domain, familiar faces, and maybe head off trouble before it gets out of hand. What do you think?” she asks.

“You clearly have some concerns, and this meeting was called to try and take care of them. And I want you to know you can come to me with any concerns you have. I want us to have a good working relationship.” Which was true.

“The other thing I wanted to talk about was about the request for allowing Deputies to carry weapons.”
    This was her way of opening the floor for him to share his reasons.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is not." She says simply, her voice on the edge of flat.

To Alessandra, a nod to show that she was listening. But otherwise, she held her silence. Allowing the Prince and her Reeve to talk.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"Your confidence in me is...uplifting. My thanks, Your Grace. And I appreciate your wisdom for efficiency and necessity. I would very much like to organize these patrols you suggest."

The tension subsides slightly in Derek's posture, feeling as though a compromise has been reached. While he's tempted to inquire as to the Nox's true owner, it seems a moot point now as no changes were expected to be made. But he suspects that the Hound lay claim to it as she was the one to raise the concern.

"I apologize for my insistence about the matter of Deputy arms. If it pleases Your Grace, I shall not bring it up again."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ownership of the Nox had never been questioned before. But she had wanted Twist to address it as she saw fit. And a short, and somewhat sweet answer worked.

Shrugging a shoulder, Potrebbe essere un malinteso comune?an amused tone in her voice.

Focusing once again on Derek, “Great. I did a few when I first arrived and it helped me learn quite a bit about the area.” And kept her busy.

“It sounded like something that could be discussed in person. With the numbers of the Domain being small at the moment, I don’t feel there is a pressing need to arm Deputies. I have made exceptions in the past, but it was when tensions were high and things a bit, unstable. But where things have settled, I feel confident that those permitted to have weapons will be able to neutralize any threat that may present itself. But not every threat requires the use of a weapon. And a weapon won’t always be within reach or useful.” Sure, Ale always had her Claws, but sometimes being able to fight without them was a true test of skill.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"È possibile" Twist murmured back, her hands opening slightly to agree with the potential belief.

As Ale and Derek moved on to the topic of armed deputies, she idly considered Ale's words even as she tracked their conversation. Specifically, if she had an issue with the belief that Ale owned the Nox.

On one hand, owning the Nox, and thus the Elysium below was a powerful statement. One that any Invictus would be happy to claim and show off. There were more ways to claim status in the City after all than titles.

And yet, there was no small attraction in having the extra layer of security through the misinformation.

For now, she decided, she would let it remain.

Known as "Derek Mitnick"
    Presence
    (Insecure)
    Derek Menzies

Known as "Derek Mitnick"

PRE

"I believe that reasoning is quite agreeable," agrees Derek in complete compliance to the question of armaments.

"For the patrols, I will likely contact individuals directly to request their participation. Though if you prefer I could post a notice to call for volunteers, if only to see which individuals take the initiative."

"Is there anything else that I may be of service towards, Prince Alessandra? Esteemed Archon?"

10. Bump Orianna "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, seemed things were understood.

“Well, both have benefits. Though allowing you to select people for it will let me observe what you value for a patrol. But I’m sure once word gets out, you’ll have people volunteer, we seem to have a lot who want the chance to step up and help.” Patrols were smaller compared to other ways of helping, but it was a step.

“I can’t think of anything right now on my end. But I thank you for meeting with me to put my mind at ease. I look forward to working with you more.”

So sorry it took me this long

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist almost spoke up, ready to volunteer for the suggested patrols. But with the Reeve's choice to handle who participated through invitation, her voice remained quiet. It seemed she would simply wait along with any others who felt the call to protect the domain in such fashion. As Ale pointed out, there was merit in going about it in such a manner, so she felt no irritation at the path chosen.

As he questioned her, she shook her head, a pleasantly neutral smile in place. "Not at this time Reeve."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread