Ended
Watch

The Play's The Thing

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

There were posters placed all around the neighborhood and along the major communication lines. They said that there'll be an improv class for beginners held in the afternoon in the John C. Fremont Park, accomodating for all ages and abilities. And most importantly? It was free.

That was kind of the whole idea, and the reason why Abraham was so excited about it. Not only did he plan to refuse payment of any sort (be it money, favors or Glamour), he was also planning to sacrifice his time, skills, funds and magic for no gain whatsoever. Take that, Faerie heritage.

In any case, at the risk of being a bit immodest, the knight-errant marks the event as a roaring success. The unexpectedly large group of kids, teenagers and even some adults was a bit unsure at first, but as Abraham's training and magic do their jobs you can see them changing right before your eyes. Confidence, wit, laughter and happiness abound as stories are collaboratively told. It lasts several hours, much more than first planned, but hey! This Flowering is the last person to cut narrative in the middle of a good story.

Sun is slowly setting over the city when the last members of the group dissipate, and Abraham is free to sit down on a park bench and eat something. There are still some props and instruments laying about, waiting to be collected.

He'll definitely need to do it again.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-12 10:45:31 Abraham Norton rolls 6 to Songs of Distant Arcadia (10 Again) 3, 10, 9, 1, 8, 8, 8 5 successes

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-12 11:49:12 Abraham Norton rolls 12 to Improv class (Manipulation + Expression + Spec + Vainglory + DV + 2 Glamour just because) (10 Again) 2, 8, 2, 10, 4, 10, 2, 10, 1, 9, 8, 3, 5, 2, 1 6 successes

Rolls

I noticed there's not a lot of Scenes, Open or otherwise, at the moment. Come one, come all hang out with Abe

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Curiosity was sparked at the flyers, and the recognizable name on them. A woman in heels, a trench coat, a matching fedora, and wearing large sunglasses continued to watch even after the crowd left. It had been an interesting show to say the least.

The woman stoops to pick up a pair of cooler bags, held at her elbows, as she approaches Abraham with a slow clap, "Molto bene, a fine performance, filled with emotion as I'd expect from the club," the voice should be quite familiar to Abraham, "Though I fear yer runnin' low on fuel. Both kinds! But I can help with ooooone," she sings out that last word. Then shakes the cooler bag on her left arm to allow the clinking of glass to be heard.

Well if Abe was going to be a partner in the future Circe he should see what he could do. Take an interest in his hobbies. Socialize like her Rogues had done.

And work on the damn motley name.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Abraham Norton

In the whirlwind of action, the tall figure in a coat was quickly forgotten, but the fact that she seemed to remain in place all this time was curious, to say the least. Their appearance was a bit over the top, too - like a cartoon spy. And it was still way too hot for that kind of outfit.

The mystery unraveled quickly after the figure approached Abraham - if the voice hadn't betrayed Circe, her Mantle and blue skin would. The knight-errant smiles widely at the compliment.

"Oh, you know, just another day of securing voter base for when I run for president" He feigns a humble tone and whistles in appreciation when the cooler bags clink - a music to his ears "Did I ever tell you I love you like the sister I never had? You're right, I'm pretty drained. But you know what? Worth it!

He motions for Circe to sit beside him.

"Is that coat just a fashion statement or did you land a cushy job as a spy?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well ya kinda hafta be better then some of the mundies have been," Circe joked right back to him as she plopped down the coolers before retrieving bottles of sparkling water for them. Offering one to Abraham, "Unless yer wantin' wine coolers instead," her foot taps the other bag as she rises to offer the water.

"Aw that's sweet of ya Abe,"
    she giggles, "Just a reminder I am the kinda big sister that'll crack skulls in yer defense, oh ho ho ho ho!" She takes a seat beside him, "Well I was spyin' on ya the tonight, but this could ALSO be a way fer me ta hide my rocket launcher ya know, right?"

She pulls out a multi-tool from one of her coat pockets to pop off the bottle cap of her water and takes a sip. If he needs it she offers Abraham the tool.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Abraham Norton

"No wine coolers. Water is fine" He says "Would it even be legal? I'd prefer if we weren't fined for drinking in public. How would that look on our pristine resumes?" The Flowering winks at Circe. Of course, nothing pristine about either of then, the gunrunner especially, but no reason to needlessly confilict with the law.

The multi-tool is gratefully accepted and soon the bottlecap pops off.

"You spoil me" A sip of water is taken, there's an interplay of light between the sunrays, the glass bottle and the newest addition to the knight-errant's mien "But I didn't think I'd merit being spied on. I mean, I'm just a simple actor, trying to get some consisten connection to his audience. Unless you have a a theatre-loving side you didn't let on earlier?" Which, in all fairness, was certainly possible. A cover is no tthe book, doubly true for the Lost.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Fanculo the police," she offers him a water though, "I think it'd look GREAT on a resume."

Despite these words she is still only drinking water. As for his question, "Oh wondering if I'm a voyeur?"

She laughs, "Oh ho ho ho! A jest. Figure if we're building a, hmmm, club chapter? What the Hell is club speak fer a motley anyway?" She shakes her head, "Don't matter. Might as well get ta know what ya boys are inta if we're makin' one. Me? Puns, guns, and codes. Ya boys, I don't know! Besides," she grins at him.

And produces a Ace of Spades from somewhere now in her free left hand, "A slight widening of knowledge can be quite handy. Eh? Eeeeh?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Card Trick
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-16 23:35:47 Circe rolls 6 to Sleight of hand (9 Again) 1, 7, 9, 5, 6, 7, 7 1 success

Couldn't get connection for dice roller to work at first.

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Kith: Incubus
    Mantle: None

Mask: An attractive, black haired, pale skinned, blue-eyed male
    Mien: much the same, but with very faint, scattered patterns of white scales

Cei still had so much to see, so many people to meet! It was thus no surprise to find him wandering. He came to the park, apparently missing the event, tracing a rough hand along some of the props and instruments. Gone was the chestplate, instead replaced by a form-fitting black shirt and jeans. If there was any sign of discomfort from the weather, the Incubus didn't show it.

His wandering was rewarded, as he came to find two faces he faintly recognized from the coronation. More Fairest? This Freehold was stuffed of them (not that Cei would ever complain- for an Incubus it almost guaranteed a feast).

"Greetings. A pleasure to find you both here." Cei wasn't so tall as to stand out (anymore than he usually did), but just tall enough to stand at the height of average. "It seems I missed quite an event- can I assume you two were responsible?" Nothing judging there- if anything, as Cei wandered he was admiring the handiwork. "And we've not had much chance to get to know one another; I've so much to see, and would love a guide."

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

(Strengthen Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    PRE

Across P street from the park, there's this block of brightly colored duplexes. Not much foliage out front, but the inner courtyard boasts some green space and the little gardens of those residents so inclined. The home owners association pays Reed in cash to do some clean up work every now and again.

Intermittently throughout Abe's improv class, a finely tuned ear might even pick up the sound of a gas powered edger or leaf blower from that general direction.

Job's done though. And Reed likes this park. Not too big. Won't get lost in the green. Again.

And so he's strolling down the paved path. Apparently not at all concerned about public drinking, judging by the six pack of Sierra Nevadas swinging in his right hand. He's in a pair cover-alls and work boots, stained with sweat and dirt. The ever-present straw hat perched on his greasy hair.

And of course his mask is hardened.

If Circe and Abe catch sight him on his merry way, they'll spy the Garden Gnome looking more relaxed than usual. Satisfied after a day of good work.

It's only when he's right on top of them that Reed spots his Motley Mates chilling. With some kind of scaly model dude?

"Well holy shit," he says, stopping in front of the bench. He actually looks pleased to see them. An acknowledging glance is flicked toward Cei, more nervous than dismissive.

Eyes back to Abe and Circe, "Well can I join or what?" He pushes back his hat and scratches head with a wry smile. Waggles the six-pack at them.

Only then does he realize that this could be a private party. He glances between Circe and Abe. Them? Really? But what about Scaly Fabio?

A
    Abraham Norton

"Maybe it's time to come up with one? I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind entering history for my linguistic contributions" It's true, he's not heard anyone making obscured references to motleys. Which was just further testament to how little this Freehold seemed to think about them. The card trick gets a smile. It was a feat of "Impressive dexterity. Training or talent?"

Enter... Cei, was it? Getting all handsy with his props "You certainly can assume that" He says warmly "But assumptions are a dangerous game to play" No, brother, this here event was all him. He wasn't so vain as to correct him outright, but a simple allusion should work just as well if he's as smart as he is confident.

"As for a guide... It'd all depend on what you'd like to see" Normally, Court would be some indication as to what are your favorite sights. This one's lack of Mantle provided no such clues.

Reed's appearance comes as a surprise. Not so much the fact that he's here (he admitted working in landscaping, and there was plenty of greenery around), but that he seems to be in a rather good mood. Relaxed. It might be Abraham's mind playing tricks on him, but the Wizened might be warming up to him and Circe. It'd be a very comforting thought.

"Of course you can" It's the tone of a man that was just asked if the sea is a big place "Off from work, I see? And prepared, too!" Maybe the next stage in their relationship will be Abraham seeing Reed without some manner of alcohol in his hand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.