Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just so long as we don't call it a committee," Circe proceeds to do her best angry Carrie Fisher impression, "I am not a committee." Her Mantle's gentle interaction with Abe's fractures with her merriment briefly. The heat roaring out as a frown cracks her lips before she puts the smile back up, "Talent from training in a really bad dream ya could say." The blue elf was a Larcenist after all. She puts the card back in her pocket.

And a well reptilian model showed up. And dressed as a model a little bit. Was their Freehold catnip for Fairest's or something? No complaints as long as they don't act like the one's she remember from There. Bunch of stuck up bints.

When Abraham warns Cei about assumptions she adds, "And assumption can make an ass outta ya, not us. Spelling don't allow it," she winks as she sips more water. And she keeps going with the banter as she giggles before elbowing Abraham in the side, "Such a noble and joyful dude right here. Add my knowledge of coffee shops and dive bars," she grins up at Cei, "Ya can be set fer the night fun and recovery after."

Circe may be acting like the man isn't a threat but she isn't without caution. That had that put the card away? Naturally the elf has a gun in reach.

Then Reed showed up dressed like Circe did when she wanted to not draw much attention, "Fanculo si ya can ya cool cat, always glad ta see ya bro. I tell, jealous of how much less time ya have ta spend gettin' in uniform then I do. But lookie here," she points at Cei, "A noob is in town. Have sparkly water and alcohol though the former does pale ta yer ale."

Summer's Queen sips more water before talking elbowing Abraham again, "So ya know this noob dude's name?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Kith: Incubus
    Mantle: None

Mask: An attractive, black haired, pale skinned, blue-eyed male
    Mien: much the same, but with very faint, scattered patterns of white scales

A hearty laugh at the talk of assumptions. "I'd say no one should know that better than us, eh?" A nod towards the blue one "And I'd say it spells Us just fine, if you turned it on it's head. Another thing we all probably have experience with." Another laugh at the terrible joke. These two were so cheerful- oh sure a hint of Fairest beneath all of it if you looked. But there were bonds Cei was not ashamed to admit he missed. Sometimes.

"You're both lovely. As per the guide- I'm looking for a place to work while I'm here, and a more stable housing solution. Let's see... I could also use a place to tend to my mount. Better riding gear would be a boon. And while I'm rambling, does this court have a hedge-smith? My blades and armor could always use improvement." That was the basics covered.

"And city-life, A night of drinking and revelry could also be fun, especially with someone so lively.... Hm... I don't suppose there's also a place for us to train? And a library would be most welcome." Another smile- the woman's demeanor carried an air of Summer, and the intermingling of mantles was intriguing. Another thing he was missing out on.

An introduction to the new arrival. "Cei the Courtless. A pleasure to meet you all... I'm only upset I didn't bring anything myself. I don't suppose you all need any help with anything?"

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

"Yeah," he replies to Abe. "Right around the corner." He thrusts a thumb back over his shoulder. "What're you guys doing here?"

He settles on the grass near the bench. Stretching out among the props and instruments. Lounging.

"And you know I come prepared, Abe. They're up for grabs if anyone wants." A beer is extracted from the six pack. Keys produced from his pocket, the attached bottle opener is put to good use. He sips.

A wink to Circe, "A noob, huh?"

Eyes to the noob. Reed has to crane his neck, given his position on the ground. It's a funny sight.

"Nice to meet you Cei. But do us a favor, huh? Let's not go using all the big words in public." Hedge-smith, courtless: the normies might get nervous. And you never know who else could be listening.

Another sip, looking casual.

"As for the job thing: you ever done any landscaping?" And then, as if it's an afterthought: "I'm Reed, by the way."

Big guy like that? Reed could put him to work. He pulls a pack of cigarettes and some matches from his pocket. Lights one, exhales a cloud of smoke. Still eyeing the new guy speculatively.

If he's as dumb as he is handsome, he might work for cheap too.

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

Circe's clubspeak is acknowledged with a solemn nod. So that's the breed of Unicorn she is - all nimble fingers and catlike grace "Committee? No. Nothing like that. It'd be nice to be part of a lobby, though. Or just a circle of friends with common interests" Discussing code words in plain sight may not be the wisest thing one can do, but there are ways to keep it innocuous, beneath notice...

Or not. Cei the newcomer was positively radiant in many ways. He had a nice laugh, a face and build that were sure to smite a lot of people (even if his movements were a little... off). But he was either too dim, too new or too cocksure to care about openly talking about all the hot topics. Abraham opens his mouth to reprimand the Courtless, but before he can do so - Reed interjects. Not one to hold his wordhole agape for no reason, the Flowering simply nods and seamlessly proceeds to answer "With a face and muscle like that you could make a killing as a club bouncer. I keep my own horse in a... private stable, so that's what I'd advise. There might be a good training ground nearby. Hit me up after, I could show you. And library?" A small smile appears "I believe Rhodes would be the best man to ask for that. You know, the guy you insulted at his own birthday party" The smile grows a bit wider. The Autumn Monarch met and answered the challenge adeptly. Not that it was a lot of work - who on Earth challenges the Crown at the height of its power?

Oh, but he is so eager to offer help. The knight-errant is not going to scoff at that one, or refuse outright "That depends on what can you help us with" Many options for that.

"Improv class" He answers the Wizened "Theatre got a bit too stuffy for me. So I decided to set up a free event. It's great excercise, boosts confidence, teaches you to think on your feet... and Circe, by her own admission, was spying on me" He grins at the Larcenist.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

One suggestion for Motley code got a giggle out of her, "Circle. Fer some reason I really like that first syllable."

"One ass ta another, I'm sure we do know, oh ho ho ho! I'd raise a glass ta that," she raises a water at least and Circe is glad Cei wasn't uptight about the joke. Her ears droop a little at the topic of Hedgesmiths. "Eh, let's say not yet fer Hedge makers. We got some folks that can weave stuff, I'm a mundy gear head, but no blacksmiths. Used ta but he had ta bounce. Oh! And more jobs are available at a kiddie theme park too."

She wasn't going to share her own interests in Hedgespinning as she was just starting. Plus she was intent on making guns, not pig stickers. Armor was a maybe.

As for Reed's question of what she was here for, the Flowering beat her to it. So she shrugs, "Hey why wouldn't ya spy on an improv flowershow?"

She is about to reprimand Cei on his words but the gnome beats her to it, "And I thought I talked fast, but ya boys are beating me on both ends. Still, thanks Reed. Yeah Cei," she giggles at the absurd pun, "We have a lexicon ta use in public. Not talk about fight club. I'll demonstrate!"

When Cei introduces himself Circe cheerfully waves to him as she declares, "Nice ta meet ya mister mellow. Ya can call me Circe," Circe taps her forehead with the top of her water bottle, "Queen bitch of the angry aspect of the local club. The club's flavors also include happy, scary, and cold. Dead simple ta figure those five out, right?"

After a second Circe just decides to ask, "Just at be clear here. What ya two boys are talkin' about with stables and horses are Thorn side deal. Not some local S&M club bans it level of kinky shit, right?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

Ah... Yes, some people could be rather touchy about those subjects. "My apologies, I sometimes forget that They have eyes and ears everywhere. I will adjust." 'Forget' was a polite way to hide the fact that he'd almost been begging everything There to challenge him. He'd only recently decided to keep a low profile.

A pleasant smile at the prospects of employment provided. "I've never thought about being a bouncer- I suppose I would be good at it, neh?" Not prideful enough to flat out say that he was too attractive and too mighty to be seduced or intimidated. Certainly enough to think it, of course. "As for landscaping, that might be nice. There's always something rewarding about working the land." And being able to justify showing off a perfect and astonishing physique.

And then Abraham brings up the Dread Lord. Charming, friendly- but hints of chiding fairest. Or, that's what Cei assumed it to be."How could I forget. I was rather famished at the time- was it his birthday? Perhaps I acted a tad out of turn there. Regardless, I am glad to see a.. Club Leader?... that fights for the throne." A fairest one at that. "And anyways, I was searching for a more practical source- poems and history and the like? Unless he is also interested in those pursuits." One of the few things Cei had in common with Autumns, an interest in history and literature and knowledge in general.

At Circe's rather up-front language. "I've not touched the harness or the whip since returning from ah... The Asylum? I meant the thorn kind- one of the fastest horses in the Hed-...." A cleared throat- which was really just Cei phoning it in at this point. "One of the fastest horses in this world, or any others I'd wager... Shame about the lack of smiths. I've had a few offers before, and can maintain my arms. But I lack the resources now to do further work. As for training, I'd certainly be interested- though I don't think we should actually engage in combat. I've also been meaning to learn about other weapons. The blades are heavy, and practical, but it's about time to learn something else." Cei slouched against a tree- it'd be taken as sloppy by most onlookers, if they weren't too busy focusing on his other features. "So. Anything else I should know about this place, before I wander into another Club Meeting and speak out of turn?" Again.

8. Likes Origins liked this post

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed finishes his first beer. Reaches for his second, opens it up and swigs.

No one else whats one? Fine. More for him.

Another drag off the cigarette as the conversation unfolds.

"Improv, huh?" Sounds like a nightmare. And why anyone would want to spy on that is beyond him.

"Did it go well?" Yes, and?

Circe's little demonstration of club-speak draws a squint from the wizened. Angry, happy, scary, and...cold? What about sad or sorrowful? Hidden? It makes Reed wonder just how much is known about his court in the Freehold. And whether that lack of familiarity is a good or bad thing.

At Abe's mention of bouncing, Reed shoots him a look. Quit trying to poach my day laborer, man.

His attention returns to Cei, "You're right. It's honest work. If you're serious, we can talk more about what's involved." And pay. "I could always use another set of hands."

As for this other stuff about horses and armor? Reed doesn't have much to add. So he happily nurses his beer and smokes, taking in the scenery.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

The knight-errant chuckles softly as Circe likens her own name to a circle, then the sound dies as she mentions Cole - not by name, but Abraham had enough pieces of the story to figure it out. Interest accompanies him as the Wrathful Queen explains the local doublespeak, but the fact that the Court of Winter is described with a temperature rather than emotion does not escape his notice. One should wonder why that was the case "I'm into a lot of things, I assure you, but this time a horse is a horse. I suppose Cei and I are both fans of equestrianism" He shrugs "And rare, fantastical breeds" His had wings and ate peanuts by the trainload. Was Cei's similarly special?

"I'd think Rhodes has something on just about any subject" Credit where it's due. If he could keep a project like the Hollow secret, if he held on to the Crown so firmly, then some books don't seem out of his reach "Or knows someone who does. Just keep an eye out for the strings attached" How could someone as engrossed in Faerie magic as the Autumn King not inherit their quid pro quo as well? Something Cei says next picks the Flowering's interest, though "Why shouldn't we simulate combat? It's the best way to learn, well - when you reach master class, that is" As this guy very well could "I don't think there's anything you specifically should or shouldn't do. Just be respectful, and you'll fit right in" Sacramento was pretty open when it came to Freeholds. A bit too open on occasion, but still better than most.

"Better than expected" He answers Reed with mirth in his voice "In fact, in my humble opinion, the club members could also use some" The look the Wizened gave him was met with an eyebrow raised. The timing hinted at what this might be about - oh well, if Reed wants to hire the man so badly, Abraham is not going to stand in the way.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Knowing a little about the city caused Circe to misunderstand part of Cei's explanation. And it drew into her joke with Abraham, her face went through several expressions. Jaw drop to evil grin and giggles before freezing froze as Abraham shot down her jest with reality. Then her ear drooped as she frowned, "Oh, right right, we may be a lil' Wyrd but not that weird. But Cei? Yer words made me think less fairy land and instead a Sacramento,hmm, establishment called the Asylum Club." Cue return of the evil grin, "Mundies there also use whip, harness, and probably a lot of baby power." She holds up her free hand and waves it in the negative, "Totally threw me off fer a second, oh ho ho ho ho!" Once that was done she sighs, "Really should make a textable premiere fer folks."

After she calms down she adds, "Who knows Cei, a proper smith might come up. I prefer more modern kit myself, bang bang and could teach if yer willin' ta learn."

Circe then looks to Reed with a thumbs up, "He had a big crowd that clapped lots and threw little rotten fruit so I think it was great!"

Simulated combat? "Last time we tried ta simulate gun fights all of ya got kinda pissed at me fer winnin'. Despite me bein' the only member of the angry club," Circe's knowledge and having setup High Striker had helped her a lot. The elf's face scrunches up in thought. Then smiles, "Actually that sounds like fun, we should do that again," Circe nods.

"Technically Abe I don't mind someone callin' be a bitch. I respect it if ya stand by yer beliefs even as ya insult me. And hafta correct ya on one thing Abe. It is somethin' that Cei should never do,"
    she looks at Cei with all joviality gone from her face. Her tone is dead serious, "Under no circumstances should you ever disobey this. Don't hit on Rhodes or his girlfriend. Yes they're both hot as Hell but just don't."

Circe took her shipping of that regal couple very seriously.

The Former Champion
    Strength
    (Herculean)
    Striking Looks
    (Strapping)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Resonant)
    Dexterity
    (Uncoordinated)
    Presence
    (Notable)
    Cei

"Honest work. I'll see about it- do you have a number I can call? And is there some service I can provide this club? You guys don't seem to be infested with... Rats..." He'd taken on a few contracts to clean out parts of the hedge. Honest work on the road.

"And yes, horses do have a way about them don't they? Perhaps we should get together with them some time Abraham? Maybe make a sport of it." A grin at that, and then a laugh at the prospect of simulating combat. "Even were I to hold back, any fight where both of us held arms wouldn't end well for you. Were I to fight unarmed perhaps some sort of balance could be maintained." A glint in his eyes- almost a challenge in there somewhere. The striking part was the sincere manner in which it was delivered- with genuine belief. "It is not easy for me to hold back- nor is it something of which I am accustomed." And an eternity of muscle memory went quite a ways.

"I haven't trained with guns. Do you know of a type of weapon... Er... Suitable? And what I could offer in exchange?" For some strange reason, the Incubus didn't think pistols would quite work.

A raised eyebrow at the warning not to mess with Rhodes and Seraphina, and the implied harm that Rhodes could do. "I'd never dream of getting between those two." Though the Incubus did look up at the tree for a bit, pondering a way to word his next inquiry. "So... Sonja is nice." Smooth.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.