(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s a smart way to look at it. Though I would imagine the Chapter House had some wort of security on it.” Well, if they were smart anyways. “When Miss Moretti came to me about Ms Blackbird, she advised me that the Chapter House was outfitted with a special room. One to help contain a Kindred that was in a frenzy, to prevent a breach. Will you be taking advantage of that room with your student? If not, what safety measures do you intend to have in place?” a breach would not be acceptable.

A single nod, “I’m sure it goes without saying that his words made me a little uneasy about the Dragons.” If she was being honest about it. “But I can understand what you’re saying. I’ve often felt the same way about our Clan. I’ve never had a Clan I could depend on or one who helped me, I’ve always gone it alone. I found I learned a lot about myself that way and my own strengths and weaknesses. But I don’t think it makes you strange at all. At the end of the night, we know ourselves better than anyone else, and know we can always depend on what we know. Others have motives they keep to themselves, making it hard to trust and depend on them. So no,” shaking her head, “not strange at all.” She actually knew where he was coming from.

“Oh, ok, interesting.” Seemed complicated to her. She’d stick with the Invictus.

“I won’t stop you from exploring down there, I just ask you to use caution, or even have someone else with you. We drove the Brood out years ago, but there is no way of know if they’ve decided to return until they want us to know. So just be careful.”
    Though it should go without saying.

“Oh those are very valuable to know and have.”
    Least he was focusing on improving himself.

In a way, she can see why it wouldn’t be popular. She much preferred picking her meal up at a club then a stable.

“Then I expect that feeding rights will be something you will discuss with them. Well, above what is already granted with Acknowledgement of course.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "It was strong and secure, Your Grace." He agrees. "There wasn't anything magical or anything about it that I know of, and I didn't use it myself as I tended to do my Change while I was merged with Earth, so I would just not wake up if I failed." he says. "I have made sure my student knows about the precautions, and that I will stand watch when he is ready to try the Change."

Dirt Nap ponders as the Prince seems to understand what no one in his own Covenant ever seemed to be able to, or want to understand despite being committed in word at least to the scientific method and maintaining an open mind.

"Thank you for saying so, Ma'am, Your Grace. I have found it real interesting sometimes who it is that seems to understand what I'm aiming at. The Harpy seemed to understand my goals and concerns real well too, even though we went about it differently." he muses. "I personally try to do my learning so that no one gets hurt but me, my living too. But I could see where she was coming from, and honestly wasn't too sure exactly what Ms. Moretti was objecting to about her methods. I guess to her enjoying it, I suppose, but even then it seemed to me she enjoyed what she learned more then the hurting itself. I suppose I am being naive, believing the best about someone because they never did me any wrong."

Dirt Nap listens closely to the Prince warning him about the dangers underground and the need for caution. "Yes, Your Grace. I will be careful. I don't know anything about that. Ms. Moretti mentioned something about an old Chapter House that was overrun and had to be sunk into the ground, I think. I would like to know more, if there is someone you would suggest I could ask? I think Keeper Wood once mentioned being in the fighting...?"

Dirt Nap nods respectfully, "I'll be sure to tell them about the Chapter House and the possibility of feeding rights being something they can talk with you about, if that's what you would like?" he asks. "I'd prefer to tell them that I am not looking for any special rights based on being a Dragon, and I wouldn't suggest they do either, but it's up to them. I personally think if their Study is their main thing, and they are studying themselves, then they will learn more about themselves without the special rights than with them."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Made sure he was aware of them.” She begins, “But that didn’t answer my question. Will you be using the security the Chapter House can provide, or just hoping there isn’t a problem? Or are you intending your student to do as you did? Which tells me there is either a Gangrel in the Domain I don’t know about, or someones taught Protean to someone not of the Clan.” Which was not ok. “And after what happened with Ms Blackbird, I’m too keen on someone doing that out in the open.” There was no room for debate on that.

“I tend to not talk about my past too often, but I felt it was important to establish a connection.”
    Then he mentions the Harpy, “Her methods? Are you referring to what was discussed that night in Court?” she asks, looking for clarification. “If it is the issue with the torture, one needs to keep in mind we all come from different backgrounds. I don’t do a lot of that anymore, well, since arriving in America because times have changed. But it has its uses, especially if we can learn important knowledge from it. And I’m not sure she enjoyed it per say, I believe it’s just something her, and myself, have become jaded to.” Then a chuckle, “Could be naïve, or you could just always look for the best in someone.” A shrug. “Nothing wrong with it, but it can be dangerous. Just because someone you currently know has never hurt you, doesn’t mean they won’t. Should always have your guard up.” It was vital to survival.

A nod, seemed he heard and understood. “Come to think of it, I remember her talking to me about that last year I think. Said she had to drop a wall on something. As to who to ask?” she thought for a moment, “That’s a tough one. The other Dragon that I know helped left a couple months after it happened. But if Keeper Wood said she helped, then that would be the best option. I wasn’t let in on too much of the details. Perhaps she left notes on it, you could check with the Reeve as all her notes were left in the office.” Maybe she did. Hard telling. But with it being a Dragon thing, it could have been kept to themselves.

“I just want to make sure the Dragons are aware the house is there and it’s not being withheld from them.” Because it wasn’t her that was withholding it. “They won’t get anything above what is granted with Acknowledgement from me without earning it, and to me, that’s helping defend the Domain and keep it safe.”

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap pauses, still and listening intently to what the Prince says. Then he is still and unmoving, apparently thinking deeply on her words for more than a minute after she has finished.

"I am sorry, Your Grace, I am being a fool on at least two counts, and I am going to put a stop to that right now." Dirt Nap suddenly says abruptly!

"First off, I have been avoiding saying who this new Dragon is, I guess as a habit of protecting privacy, but I already told your Herald expecting him to pass it on to you that the one who asked me to teach him is the new Sheriff, Mister Mitnick. Second, you are right and wise to say that just my telling him that he needs to have a secure room to lock himself into is not really living up to my responsibilities. I will make sure that he gets a good, strong cell ready to hold him where people won't hear or see anything to disturb them." Dirt Nap promises. "As far as I know, there's nothing special about the Chapter House that would make it a better place, less so that it's already had more than its share of strange things happening in it." He says. "Sheriff Mitnick has proved to be a smart and determined student, and I will make sure to guide and require him to take full precautions."

Dirt Nap listens to the Prince speak of the former Harpy and the judgments that can come from imposing a perspective that doesn't apply. "I suppose I was going more on the time we ended up in her warehouse, with that fellow that needed to be made to share some information. I tried mighty hard not to pay too much attention to any of it, but couldn't help noticing." Dirt Nap says. "I had a long conversation with her later when I went in to ask her to record a boon from Mister Davis and another I owed to Mister Prosper, and she probably understood my reasons for my experiments on myself better than anyone I ever cared to share them with. I respect her mind a great deal, and wouldn't care to try to judge her."

He ponders a moment and says, "I learned from that conversation with her the difference between someone who really is in it for the science of it, like she is, and someone who just has a certain goal and is looking for a tool to get it done, which is me. I experiment to a certain end. If I can get to that end, I honestly don't think I'd keep finding new experiments. I don't think I'd stay a Dragon for the sake of learning more mysteries for their own sake. I am not aiming for some idea of perfection; I will be content if I can manage to set myself on a path I think I can live with, and quit trying to Change and just live it out." Dirt Nap says in wonder, apparently having an epiphany right then and there as he talks it out.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Ale could blink, she would. Instead, she simply looks a bit surprised and confused.

Then she smirks, “Oh, he did pass it along. But where you weren’t using his name, I was following suit. Though I can assure you, it’s knowledge that will not be shared. It’s not my place, and I don’t really care who joins what Covenant.” If she was being frank and honest. “I would have thought that as Grand Wyrm, it would not have been a recommendation, but an order. If a place aware from eyes and ears is needed, I have warehouses that I can let you both use. They’re not secure to hold a frenzied Kindred, but it’s void of Kine.” But why not just use the Chapter House with a place already secure in it? “Mind if I ask that the aversion to the Chapter House is? Using the room already there doesn’t mean you have to take ownership of the house.” Just in case he was worried about that.

“Miss Moretti advised me the room had been built with that process in mind. Designed to allow the student to be observed and for a teacher to intervene if need be. But, you guys do what you feel is best. Just know if there is a breach, I will not ash the offenders quickly.” Oh no. Not when she had warned of the consequences.

Oh, that. “Why did you try hard not to pay attention?” did it make him uncomfortable? “Do you understand why it was necessary? And the thing with that man was he was going to be killed either way. He was a liability not only to the Domain, but my business as well.” Domain first of course. “She was a remarkable woman; I hope when her business is concluded overseas that she is able to return. But I am glad that you two seemed to connect on some level.”

Nodding, “Do you believe it’s possible for someone to be a little of both? Can’t you be in it for the science and be looking for a tool to get something done? I don’t see why we have to limit ourselves to just one or the other.” Seemed kind boring. “You’d stop being a Dragon if you got to that end? But from how Mr James spoke of it, you don’t get a say in things like that. That you’re a Dragon for the rest of your Danse. Or was that just how he interpreted the information?” cause if so, she was getting conflicting info and it was making her head spin.

“What type of path would that be? If you don’t mind the question?”
    every Kindred seemed to have a different path in mind for their Danse. Her Cousin seemed the type to want to lay low and just exist.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap pauses, as if remembering or pondering as the Prince mentions not saying the name because he didn't. "You know...I am sorry, Your Grace. I think, now that you mention it, I did the same thing with your Herald. I thought I told him the name because I was prepared to if he asked, but now that I hear it from your perspective, I think the same thing happened, I didn't mention it and he didn't bring it up or ask. I suppose he figured it out on his own and told you. It probably wasn't too hard. I tend to be private, but I'm not actually much practiced at concealing things." Dirt Nap confesses. "I remember I approached Sheriff Mitnick at Court, to set up meeting to talk about my learning Obfuscation from him, and what he might want in return. So, having seen us talking in court, he probably pieced it together on his own, so didn't feel the need to ask."

Dirt Nap sighs. "I have some blind spots. I didn't really question why I was set on avoiding the Chapter House. I think it's simpler pride and foolishness. I like roughing it, not having to worry about or protect things. But that blinded me to when I have the privilege of the use of a thing that would serve the purpose best. I also think that Ms. Blackbird's loss put me off the whole thing. Ms. Moretti asked me to help in preparing her, and I feel I didn't do all I could have. Some of that was that my methods and suggestions just weren't a good fit for her, I think. Even so, I didn't push it as hard as I could. If you don't mind, Your Grace I will take you up on it, and tell my student that we will use the cell in the chapter house for his tries at the Change."

He chuckles suddenly. "I just don't feel like a Grand Wyrm. I have some trouble picturing myself acting like one either." He says.

Dirt Nap is quiet again, pondering and contemplating the Prince's question as to why he felt the need to avoid knowing too much about what happened in that warehouse.

"Well. At the time, I thought of it as myself being in danger of seeing or knowing things that could make me inconvenient to have around, to tell you the truth." He says. "I mean, as I recall it was improvising to go there, and it seemed like a private place, one that she'd rather not have shared if she had a better option. Now that I think on it though, there was a kind of intimacy to it, her space there and her interrogation, that just felt like something that should be private, like I was intruding. It wasn't that I was put off by it, but it felt to me like I wasn't supposed to be there, like walking in on someone doing their business in the bathroom, not that they are doing anything unnatural, but that it isn't something to watch."

Dirt Nap nods, "Yes, I believe that, I could be in it for both. I don't hate the learning. I do find it an interesting thing. I just don't see it as an end in itself, just a means to an end." He says. "I know that it is generally thought that anyone who is accepted as a Dragon is committed to spending their existence as a Dragon." He pauses.

"I don't believe it is the literal words of what I swore when I joined, though." He says. "I think I might chance it. It would be different, I believe if I were sworn of an Oath like Mister James and Ms. Moretti were. The thing is, well, I know this will likely sound like I'm just too young or just unrealistic, but my goal is to set myself up to walk the path where I do the least harm I can to others, and maybe even some good now and then when it won't cause more harm than good, which I think is rare."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a light shrug, “There are only so many unaligned in the Domain, so you are right, it is easy enough to figure out. But with that being said, it’s nothing I plan to share, Covenant business is Covenant business. As to the Herald, he advised me you told him. But I don’t think it’s really important, what you’ve told me won’t leave this room. Unless it’s a threat to the Domain.” She adds with a smirk. But she believes what Jack told her, he had no reason to lie. And knew the consequence would not be pretty if he did.

“I personally think you can use the Chapter House and still rough it. No one says you have to reside there. But having a safe place for Dragon business seems like something that would be valuable.” Then a nod, “The loss of Miss Blackbird was difficult. I had looked forward to seeing what she would do for the Domain, she had a great deal of promise. And I’m sure whatever you were able to do and help with was very important, and she would have appreciated it.” It felt weird to be trying to assure someone like this. “I don’t mind at all. But I hope you don’t feel pressured into using it, it’s your Covenant and your decision. I just wanted to give you some advice to think about.” But she did feel better knowing he would use the Chapter House. At least the student would be contained.

“It’s new, and sounds like something you didn’t expect. But you do it your way, not the way someone tells you. You’ll make mistakes, but you’ll learn from them and move on. I’ve a bit of experience with taking on a more powerful role.” She says with a wink.

She listens with a mixture of concern and interest. “That wasn’t what I was expecting to hear actually. But as a Chapter House, shouldn’t all Dragons feel welcome there? Feel safe?” what the hell had Lina done? “I couldn’t imagine that, feel almost like an outsider within my own Covenant’s home. It wouldn’t sit right.” And she’d probably make her comfortable, but that was her.

Well, he was right, he did sound young and unrealistic. And maybe like he was full of unreachable hopes and dreams.

“Considering the life I led and still, to some degree, lead to this day, it sounds unrealistic to me. But I think we all want different things from our existence. If that’s what you want, I say go for it. But the nights aren’t kind to us, and some will see that life as weakness and use it against you. So be aware of that.” He could live how he wanted, but he was going to have a difficult time.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "It's my own fault, Your Grace. I just have a different way of looking at things and a different set of goals than fits in with the Covenant, with any Covenant really. I might grow out of it, I suppose. I feel for now like I'd rather die than change in that particular way."

He sighs, "I would probably have a better shot if I weren't in a Covenant at all. And frankly that's another reason I avoid piling up property or privileges or rank that someone would figure I was too weak to hold on to and try to take advantage of me. The fact is, I have killed when I was pushed to it, so far only enemies of the Domain, thankfully. I just try to keep it as unlikely to be necessary as I can manage."

He shakes his head, "I don't want to let those goals of mine make me shirk my responsibility though. I really do appreciate your wise advice, Ma'am, Your Grace. I don't feel pressured to use the Chapter House; I feel like it's the right thing to do for my student, and I am grateful for your pointing that out when I wasn't seeing it clearly."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A hand waves the words away, “There is nothing to apologize for. Everyone brings something new and different to a Covenant. And each new leader takes a Covenant in a new direction, placing their own touch on it. My advice would be to get some confidence in your abilities to lead, and take the Dragons in a direction you think is best.” He needed to get some confidence.

“I won’t lie, there’s merit to what you say. Having rank and privilege certainly increases your chances of being a target of someone. But I’ve learned that one should never assume someone is weak, it can be a very costly mistake.” He doesn’t want to know the number of lives she taken.
    Both Kine and Kindred. “I’ve found a good buffer is confidence and standing up for yourself. You can’t avoid violence and confrontation your whole Danse, it’s just not possible. If you want, when we get together with Keeper Wood, we can do some sparring if you want. See if her and I can help you learn a few things. Not to change your path, but just to give you tools to fall back on if you need.” He seemed like a good guy, but he needed to learn meek wouldn’t protect him. Someone would pick him off just for the fun of it, to pass the time.

A nod, “It will keep both of you safe, and help protect the Masquerade.” And it saved her from having to either call a blood hunt or ash two Kindred with her own Claws. “All that being said, I’m eager to see what you do with Dragons, what direction you take them. I also hope to form a better working relationship with the Covenant as a whole as well. So I’m glad we’ve sat down and talk, cleared the air so to speak.” It might be good. “Was there any other concerns or questions you might have had?” she wasn't rushing the conversation, just making sure they discussed everything that needed to be discussed.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Your Grace. I will think long and hard on what you've said. I will be chewing on it for a long time, I suspect." Dirt Nap says. "I really appreciate your clearing the air so to speak, and it's good to know your perspective on the Dragons and their old Chapter House. I will make sure any other Dragons know about it too, and I will speak to my student first thing about moving his experiments to the cell in the Chapter House for his safety and to protect the Masquerade." Dirt Nap vows.

"I can't think of anything for now. I guess the only thing is, would you prefer I go to your Herald if anything comes up, or come directly to you? Anything having to do with the Dragons, that is." Dirt Nap asks.

Thank you for the excellent and enjoyable scene! I am not in a hurry to end it, but I am good to end anytime.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread