(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting hanging, The Raft of the Medusa, a small light hanging above it. Illuminating it softly.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk and they looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

The Savage was at her desk, flipping through papers in a folder. Cain laid at her feet, between her and the door. And while he might look relaxed, he was ever on high alert, ears twitching, eyes watching. She wore a black button up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to expose her tattooed forearms. Hanging on the back of her seat was her holster, two guns nestled in it.

The office door stood open, she was expecting her guest.
    Dirt Nap Ruach
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrives promptly at the appointed time, glancing in the open door first to be sure he is not interrupting, and then staring at the butterflies for a moment, and then saying carefully, from just outside the threshold, "Your Grace, it's Dirt Nap. I am here due to an invitation I got from Your Herald for this time, if I got it right."

His hands are in plain sight at his sides, and he is obviously unarmed. He is well dressed in a tuxedo that seems well fitted for something off the rack. His demeanor is intense, and not afraid though schooled to the utmost respect.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage felt the presence of a weak Beast before she heard her Cousin speak. Her own growled in anger, wanting to flay the weak one, but that wasn’t going to happen.

Instead, she smiles, “Mr Dirt Nap, right on time, please, come in.” says the Italian, closing folders as Cain sat up to watch Dirt Nap enter the room. “Have a seat.” She says gesturing to the chairs in front of the desk. “That’s a very nice tuxedo.” She compliments, wondering why he felt the need to be so dressed up.

Waiting until he was seated, “How’ve you been? I was told you’ve taken on the role of Grand Wyrm, congratulations.” While Ale appears somewhat relaxed, Cain doesn't. His gaze was intense, watching, waiting.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Ma'am, Your Grace." He says softly at her observation of the quality of his garb.

Dirt Nap seats himself cautiously, as he has done everything since his arrival, Cain and the Prince both are respected as the dangers they represent, though the Prince is more than that, as her role provides stability and order to the Domain.

His expression looks slightly pained as the Prince congratulates hims on taking the role of Grand Wyrm. "Thank you, Your Grace." He says. "I have been as well as can be expected." He says. "Taking things as they come. Learning from things as I am able." He says, waiting with the patience of Job for the Prince to initiate her questions or statements as she wills.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She waits until he’s seated, listening as he spoke.

At the expression, she looks a little concerned, “Is it not a good thing? Did you not want the position?” she asks, curious. She figured it would have been an honor, something a Dragon would strive for.

“I requested this meeting because I thought it might be good to clear any misconceptions up. I can image it was a shock when you returned and the Dragons you knew were gone. And I’m not sure what you’ve heard, or what you might guess happened. So I want to allow you to ask any questions you might have, as well as explain anything that might need explaining.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still, listening intently and then for a while after the Prince has finished speaking, he is apparently thinking about his response quite thoroughly before he answers. "It's not a thing I expected, to be honest. I mean, 'Grand Wyrm' tends to make me think of a person in charge of a bunch of people, not someone who just happens to be the only one left." He says. "There's a lot of complicated ranks based on learning in our Covenant, and then there's a thing called, 'Oath Sworn' that more or less trumps all that, and Atticus and Lina Moretti both had that too, so I never figured I would be top rank. I guess, if I was going to be one though, I'd rather it be with the only person I am in charge of being myself. I find that challenging enough."

When the Prince offers to answer questions and explain, Dirt Nap looks impressed and grateful. "Thank you, Ma'am, Your Grace. That's real generous of you." He says.

He is quiet again for a long minute, and then says, "I don't know, what I don't know. So, if it's not impolite, would you mind if I asked you to just assume I don't know anything about what happened since I left, or maybe even before then, and tell me what you think I should know about any loose ends my Covenant might have left dangling in Your Domain?" He asks. "And of course, I am at your service, Your Grace, to answer any questions or try to explain anything you want to hear about."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An understanding nod, “Oh, I see. But perhaps this will be a great learning opportunity for you, a chance to shine so to speak.” She was trying, really she was. “Is this, ‘Oath Sworn’ something you can still achieve? I don’t mean to pry, and respect the privacy of all the Covenants, I just tend to ask about things I don’t understand. But don’t feel you have to tell me anything you don’t want to; I won’t take offense.” And that was honest. The Invictus had their secrets, just like all the others. “I admit, I don’t know you very well, but I think, from what I’ve seen and heard, you’ll make a fine leader. Just give yourself the chance.” Having a position put on you that you never imaged you could have was well known to her.

“I would prefer to answer your questions then have you assume and guess. That only causes more problems.” And there had been enough unrest earlier.

Shaking her head, “It’s not impolite at all.” She could work with that. “It’s no secret that Miss Moretti had a public fall from grace, losing her Regency. This was a blow to the Dragons as a whole, and one I had hoped to remedy with them. The only one who took me up on that offer was Mr James, but we were unable to come to agreeable terms at the time. So it’s safe to say the Dragons were upset with me, though I believe the anger should have been directed at Miss Moretti and her big mouth.” But when a group appeared to feed off one brain, it was to be expected. “The only lose ends I’m aware of is when I lost my Sheriff, but that’s been taken care of and things are back on track.” Leaning back slightly, “I did want to make sure you knew Miss Moretti made the decision to leave the Domain on her own, she left me a letter, which I can show you if you like. I just don’t want you to think there is any ill will towards the Dragons, because there isn’t. I still welcome and support them as a Covenant in my Domain.” Until they made a foolish mistake, messed with her or brought danger to her Domain, she’d welcome them.

“I’m sure that was a lot of information.”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "I am sure it will. When I got back, and found out the Chapter House was empty and everyone else seemed to be gone, I was actually pretty content to rough it outside and just study on my own. Then when I was asking someone about learning a thing they knew, they asked me about learning as my student in the Dragons. That took my by surprise, and honestly, I tried to discourage them because the stuff you try to learn as a Dragon really needs to be something a fella would rather die than live without, because the risk is real like that." he says.

"I didn't manage to discourage him, so now I have a student, and there's two Dragons, well me and one in training." Dirt Nap sighs. "I only hope it turns out better for him than it did for Blackbird." he says.

At her question, Dirt Nap says, "Of course Your Grace. I am glad to answer your questions. I might be a little sketchy on some details, but I will only tell you the truth as best I know it. So, there are actually three Oaths: one for fighters who protect and enforce inside the Covenant, and that was Atticus, and one for leaders who guide the chapter in the best way for everyone, and that was Lina Moretti. The third is for scholars, for those that find new things out or new locations special to the Dragons for the power of them. I hope to do that someday, and I plan to learn the underground around here in particular as a way towards helping that happen. I had intended to use a boon to ask Mister Davis the gambler to teach me before he came to his end. So now I kind of have to suss it out myself, and I expect that will take a bit longer. I am planning to master turning into mist first, as I think the exploring will work better that way." he says.

Dirt Nap listens intently, unmoving as the Prince tells what happened from her perspective. "Thank you very much, Your Grace. Well, as I recall, not everyone was upset with you so much as wondering why Lina Moretti made some of the moves she did there at the end." he says. "I don't know if I mentioned it before, but part of my experimenting on myself is to restrict my feeding to animals. It should be possible for me to Change myself to be able to grow strong on just that diet." he says. "So, a lot of the reasons to want what was lost really doesn't apply to me; I don't need the feeding rights myself, and I don't really want them to have power over people who do need them either. In my mind that kind of thing tends to make people envy and target me instead of me having power over them." he says. "I suppose that's must me doing the politics of it wrong, but anyway for me, it isn't really a thing I have ambition towards."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, the Chapter House will always be a place for the Dragons to call their own. And down the road, if more Dragons come to the Domain, and you want it, let me know. It won’t be withheld from you or the Covenant.” Ah, a second Dragon. “Well, then congratulations on having a student. I wish them luck.” Sometimes she wondered what the Dragons got up to. But it wasn’t all that often she wondered. “From what Miss Moretti explained to me, it sounds like it’s a risk all Dragons know and accept. She came to me to request permission to give Final Death. And I know it’s a Covenant thing, and I respect that. But I do ask to be told when things like happen.” Because it was still Final Death of a member of her Domain.

"But I did have a question. I met with Mr James, and he said something that didn't sit right with me. He said that for the Dragons, their loyalty was always first to the Covenant, above all else. Is this true of all Dragons?"

She wasn’t actually expecting him to share anything. “So each Dragon falls into one of those Oaths? Are you allowed more than one?” was probably a stupid question, but it was an honest one. “Underground? The tunnels and sewers?” she’s heard talk of the sewers, and the Brood used them. “I can see that being useful, and I remember the Brood took advantage of them.” And there were some that led to the Crone Farm, but she wasn’t sure if that was public knowledge or not. Then a smirk, “That’s quite a goal. How close are you?” her own mastery was one she kept to herself.

“I expected there to be some pushback about the whole situation. But there are consequences for actions.” And no one was above them. “No, you didn’t mention that before. That’s actually quite fascinating. Is that something that is common within the Dragons, or is this something you figured out on your own?” either way, it would be quite a feat. “I can see the wisdom in your words. But do you believe each Dragon will feel the same way? Or expect them to?” she asks, curious. “And you’re not wrong, there is a bit of both there. I didn’t really see it myself until I became Prince. Kindred will both envy, hate and target those in power. It’s just how our society works. Having the power over something like feeding rights, does indeed give you power over them. But it will also paint a target on you if you have to take them away. There is good and bad and sometimes it’s about learning the balance of it all. Though I don’t blame you for not wanting it.” A chuckle and shrug.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Yes, Ma'am, Your Grace. Thank you. I will remember that. I expect any time someone of higher rank and ambition will come along and take over the Covenant here and want to move in there. As long as it's up to me, well, I personally am against bringing everyone together in one place. I believe it makes us a target. And I swear I will absolutely ask your permission before ending a student in final death, if it comes to that. Your Grace." Dirt Nap says. "Only if I am fighting for my own life against a student who's lost his soul and accidentally end him just to stop him ending me, well, I would come to you and tell you and accept whatever consequences you said." He says soberly.

Dirt Nap chuckles wryly, "Well, I kept it to myself, but I don't read it quite the same way Mister James and Ms. Moretti did, that the highest loyalty is to the Covenant. The way it's literally worded is that every Dragon's highest loyalty is to their Study. Of course, most Dragons accept that their study is best served by the Covenant being strong and being able to share among each other. I guess I tend to be a little more solitary and have my own aims instead of trusting that a strong Covenant is going to help me instead of get in my way and try to control me and end up interfering with what I am trying to learn." he admits. "Even in a strange Covenant, I guess I am stranger than most."

"Ah, not exactly, Your Grace. Most of us are not Oath Sworn at all. It's a separate rank, and it automatically puts someone in charge no matter how much someone else has learned and advanced if they aren't Sworn to one of the three Oaths." he explains.

Dirt Nap looks sober when the Prince talks about the underground. "I expect it to be dangerous. I might just not come back sometime. But I would really like to know." he says.

Dirt Nap chuckles again when the Prince asks about his progress towards mist form. "I get a bit sidetracked, I have to admit. I am at the level just before it, of taking animal shapes, but I have lately been focusing sideways, learning to sleep in different kinds of surfaces and take the shape of different kinds of animals."

"It's a known path, just not a real popular one." Dirt Nap explains about changing to live exclusively from animal blood even at high potency.

"I expect not, as none of the others felt the same as me before." Dirt Nap nods.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread