Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Renewal of Nature had proven to be a useful wellspring of information, despite not being exactly what Nathaniel had hoped to find. Bits of knowledge involving horticulture and other mundane things, as well as those gifts that allowed the pup to shape the Earth with his bare hands, had become available, and he had spent hours learning and listening to the spirit's wisdom. Having practiced and become better accustomed to utilizing this gift, the crescent set aside a day when Emily wasn't running him ragged to work on the spot of it's summoning and uphold the agreement they'd made.

Hopefully he'd have help- Matt had mentioned enjoying the prospect of tearing down some of the more mundane eyesores, and Nathaniel could easily utilize his new gifts to nudge the Earth towards reclamation. The two of them combined could make short work of the task. Not to mention it would be a good chance to connect.

A request for a ride was sent, and some supplies were brought along. some chiminage, the spirit drums, a few cheap bags of grass seed- nothing insane at the moment, but hopefully enough to show the spirit that Nathaniel was putting in the effort.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt arrives, driving his Hummer and ready to pick up Nathaniel and all of his equipment and supplies. Matt has some supplies too, an ax, sledgehammer and pickax.

"Good timing, Nathaniel." Matt says. "I was getting bored. So you just tell me the way as we drive."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The directions are simple enough, until they're back where the spirit had awoken. There's plenty of work that could be done- bits of trash, loose brickwork and masonry that could probably be smashed, fencing around the property. Tons of opportunities for an Uratha to work.

"Thanks again for the help, Matt. Hopefully I'll have a car at some point- but this means a lot." Nathaniel was terrified of getting behind a wheel- and hadn't exactly had the means to learn in his life.

"So, getting rid of the trash might be the easiest thing to start off with- after that, we could tear up some of the fencing? I'll help cover up the mess we make, smooth it out with the Earth." And perhaps promote it's spread on human developments, have it seep into the cracks and devour the brickwork.

"Er... I know what Sis is all about- heck, I work for her now. So what's your story?" Idle chat while cans and bottles were picked up. Actions committed by foolish Humans so incredibly fortunate that Renewal of Nature was not at their peak.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt smiles and starts whacking away with a will and an ax as he eschews the trash pickup to attack the fencing!

"What do you mean? I Changed. I'm Rahu. People died. I came here. End of story." Matt says in between mighty blows!

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Right. Rahu....

A touchy way to start off. But it was something.

"Did you start off in Sacramento?" it wasn't the place one might think of when imagining a werewolf, but it wasn't that uncommon. So many people in one place, bound to be a few wolfs-in-waiting among them.

Trash was picked up, fencing was... Gleefully being destroyed. Nathaniel dragged off some of the pieces to a nearby dump, clearing away the carnage.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt attacks a post with a particularly vicious and devastating blow, shattering it as he says, "North. I Changed on a camping trip, with friends. They didn't make it. I left. Ran all the way down here on four feet." he says. "I learned a lot about survival."

"How about you, Nathaniel?" Matt asks. "I can't picture your Change. You said you spent all your time with Spirits? I just imagine you Changing in a Library or something...where were you when it happened?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

A very nervous laugh at the question, and in response to hearing his change. Shifts that end in blood.... It wasn't uncommon, but it was unfortunate. Nathaniel wasn't keen to prod at that memory, and was glad for the switch in subject towards his own experiences.

"Um... In an alleyway.... Behind a gentleman's club... Nathaniel said that last bit instinctively quieter. It wasn't exactly the peak of pride as a moment for him- and as far as conditions to learn that a whole different world existed, it had... Not been ideal.

"I don't know much about what happened that night, and um... I haven't met anyone else that does either." Not that he was actively searching. He'd made some pretty dumb choices then. "Anyways. We're going to run out of fencing soon- want to take a whack at the concrete afterwards? I'll move the earth over to cover it up." Nathaniel grinned and wiped some sweat from his brow- the work at the garage could show, if only a little bit.

"Also, why the Ghost status? I'm sure there are many that'd welcome you in. What kept you from finding a place?"

11. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

"Gentleman's Club...?" Matt looks confused for a moment and then laughs. "Okay!" he grins.

Matt switches smoothly to the pick-ax and lays into the concrete doing terrible damage with each blow! "On it!" he says gleefully!

"I am only going to answer that if you don't bug me about it and don't talk about it around the Pack." Matt says menacingly!

"I didn't pick a tribe because I didn't want to get in bed with spirits. I'm coming around though. I had a conversation with an old guy, Hunter in Darkness. I think that does it for me." Matt says.

13. Likes Mark liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Matt... Didn't want to be as involved with spirits? Nathaniel supposed that shouldn't be too surprising- not everyone was as ingrained in the Shadow as crescents or Bone Shadows were, and the pup was rather quickly pecked into both of those categories at his change. He was also grateful that Matt still accompanied him during the awakening of the spirit who's location he had also agreed to help restore. It added a bit more to Nathaniel's admiration of the big lug.

The menacing words were hopefully playful, though the crescent would obviously not tell. "We've all our secrets- the eye in the sky we called holds some, and I won't press further into your life. Just figured we needed something to talk about." The pup used a shovel to cover up the damaged sections- no need for magic juuuuust yet.

"you know if you ever need help with spirits, I can teach you some as well? Not just about them, but how to deal with them?" Nathaniel figured that Matt might appreciate knowing how to maul a spirit, even one incorporeal.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

"Sure." Matt says. "If you mean learning how to bust heads instead of talking to 'em." he agrees.

"Anyway, Nathaniel, do you have a day job or anything?" Matt asks, curiously. "I mean, what are you doing at the garage exactly?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread