Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Sanctum With A Little Help From My Friends
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

With A Little Help From My Friends

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Shodan

He talked the talk and walked the walk. On the date agreed upon with his fellow Libertines Shodan has not only made sure his living space in the Masonic Temple is spotless, and not only stocked up on all manner of food and drink (alcoholic and not), but also spent the afternoon preparing ingredients and cooking an honest-to-goodness homemade lasagna. In the age of cheap delivery, the Obrimos almost never cooks at home, so it's a signifier of a pretty special occasion.

Fellow Libertines, wow. Ever since coming here (and it's been almost a year), the only other FC member he met here was Gemini, and she bailed after a couple of weeks. Here's hoping they'll stick around longer, if only to do some counterweight to the local Diamond.

There's a table prepared for three in what passes for Shodan's living room. In the middle there's the steaming lasagna and one of the chairs is occupied by Shodan. No point in dressing up, he's wearing a t-shirt and a pair of slacks.

20 successes on cooking extended roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [07] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 10, 7, 10, 7, 6, 2, 2, 4, 4 2 successes
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [06] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 3, 10, 8, 2, 5, 2, 6, 8 3 successes
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [05] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 5, 2, 10, 2, 6, 9, 7, 8 3 successes
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [04] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 6, 7, 1, 2, 7, 8, 5 1 success
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [03] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 4, 3, 1, 6, 8, 10, 1, 9 3 successes
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [02] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 2, 5, 10, 9, 10, 5, 10, 4, 8, 10, 6 6 successes
    2019-09-29 15:26:44 [01] Shodan rolls 7 to Cooking (Dex + Crafts) (10 Again) 6, 6, 3, 4, 10, 5, 7, 9 2 successes

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima sits in the parking lot for a moment, as he changes out of his scrubs and into a more casual jeans and t-shirt ensemble in the cramped interior of his Jeep. He takes a steadying breath, grabs his bag and sets off to meet the other Libertines here at this Masonic Temple. His eyes hold on the symbol etched into the entrance before he walks in...

to the most HEAVENLY scent he has beheld in sometime. Fresh mozzeralla and homemade tomato sauce with a hint of basil his his olfactory sensors and he smiles. He follows his nose, arriving at some sort of private living quarters and knocks. As he waits he stands a little straighter, hitching the backpack, slung over one shoulder, a little higher.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark rode up and parked nearby. He was dressed in a pair of jeans and a short sleeve T-shirt with AC/DC's logo emblazoned on the front and on the back it read 'Thunderstruck'. Of course he had his phone on him as well as a pair of sunglasses that he tossed onto his seat before locking the door behind him. He was looking forward to meeting the other Libertines.

Once near the room Shodan had indicated he caught a scent. Mozzarella, tomato sauce, some herbs he couldn't quite identify. Spark blinked, slightly confused before catching sight of another waiting outside the room. Must be the other guy. Spark raised his hand in greeting to Anima.

S
    Shodan

Well, this might be the first time someone has actually bothered with knocking. To be honest, Shodan is conflicted about it- on the one hand, it's very nice and considerate, but on the other - this brings back memories. Corporate wage-slavery and having to announce yourself to the Big Bad Boss in his office.

The Obrimos walks to the door and opens it, seeing two somewhat familiar faces "Come on in!" He gestures towards the room and the table "Wasn't sure if you guys had eaten anything or not, but I like to be prepared for the latter option" He smiles, more to himself than to the others "Turns out, spend enough time with tools and you develop some handy Gordon Ramsey skills, too" If they knew him better - or if they cared to really check - they would be able to tell Shodan got talkative because of all the excitement. He might be a bit nervous, too - all the responsibility! "I robbed a liquor store on my way home, so you can have whatever. Or a soft drink, if you don't feel like alcohol" Maybe they were driving. Maybe they just didn't like it as a rule.

"Anyway, there will be some things I'd like to tell you" He says, doubling as bottle service if the other two request anything "But why don't you tell me a bit about yourselves first?" Of course, he's more than happy to return the favor afterwards. Unlike his Path-mates with longer tenancy in Sacramento, Shodan has no problems talking about himself.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

It's hard not to notice the rock fan with the piercing gaze as he approaches. Anima begins to respond nodding to the approaching man, his mouth opening to give a friendly 'hello', when the door opens.

Ushered in, and verbally assaulted with hospitality, he can't help but be caught up in the excitement. His eyes become alive with energy and a genuine smile plants itself firmly on his face.

"Water is fine for me, sparkling if you have it, but I'm not picky."

The Thyrsus nods along, "I'm sure there is much to share. I'm excited about becoming an active member of the local Council." He glances around, expecting to see accommodations for many guests.
    "As you know from the Town Hall Meeting, I'm Anima. I'm deeply fascinated with the Soul, and I endeavor to understand the connection between the mind, Awakened soul, consciousness."
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shodan had a lot to say in a short amount of time, Spark blinked at the word assault and entered behind Anima. The aforementioned man spoke first, and seemed rather genuine.

​"Yeah I think I owe you an explanation about something I said when we met," Spark poured himself a rum and coke and drank about half of it before speaking again. "Before I tell you that, I hope no one else is listening in? We're secure?"

S
    Shodan

It seems his excitement is contagious. Very good. He smiles right back at Anima, and moments later places a glass and a bottle of sparkling water before him. Glancing around, the Thyrsus won't find accomodations for many guests - indeed it's an ordinary apartment placed in an anything-but-ordinary building - but what he sees betrays some of Shodan's interests. Small electronic devices in various stages of dismemberment, science journals, comic books and actual books - sci-fi, physics and computing mostly - lie on the shelves.

"That's very cool" He comments on the man's professed interest "I have a bit of an interest in mind myself. Is your thing a capital-m Mind thing or a Spirit thing?" Or maybe it's both? "Anyway, Awakened pursuits are all fine and interesting, and comparing notes is a thing, but where are you from? What brings you to the city? Do you need any help settling in? Plenty of space in here, even if most goes unused" It takes him a second of silence after the barrage of questions to continue "All these go for you both, obviously" Where you see yourself in ten years in terms of world-bending powers can be very telling, but Shodan would much rather get to know his Order-mates as people first, as much as they allow it.

He looks to the already-drinking Spark Damn, that guy wastes no time at all "No pressure, my good man. And yeah, we're as secure as can be. I've done a sweep when we... I moved in, and kept a close eye ever since"

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima nods at Shodan's assurance of Security, but one can never be too careful. With a moment of concentration he gazes through his second sight, looking for any beings in Twilight that might be taking a special interest in the mages in the room.
    1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-10-01 14:22:41 Anima rolls 6 to Looks around the room (Wits+Comp) (10 Again) 3, 1, 7, 6, 7, 10, 1 1 success

Confident that they were secure, at least from lurkers in the Twilight, Anima focuses on matters more material.

Excitement rolls off him in waves as he answers Shodan. "A bit of both I suppose with some Life sprinkled in. What really happens to us when we walk the astral plane? What is going on with the connection between the consciousness and our soul. Are they actually one and the same? I'd like to study an Awakened soul and brain as it traverses it's own various depths astrally and compare that that to the meditative journey of a sleeper well practiced in meditation and Astral exploration as they claim it to be, a Buddhist monk perhaps. What is the difference between their minds journey and the Awakened? What makes our Awakening so special that we reach a part of our Astral existence for that one encounter and can never return? Perhaps I'll be able to answer the question of the newly Awakened mind that inevitably asks, 'why me?'"

Realizing he's been droning on far more than was desirable in polite company, Anima closes his mouth. Processing Shodan's more personal questions he replies, much more guarded, ""The reason I moved here is much more mundane I'm afraid. I got a new job. Found a nice home and am settling in nicely, thank you for the offer of hospitality. Quite unnecessary I assure you, but appreciated."
    Con Spells Cloaked

9. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spark lets Anima finish speaking before he talks again, choosing to knock back the rest of his drink first. "You might have caught it already...but I lied at the Consilum about why I wanted to learn the Death Arcana. I figure it's part of what I need to learn to fix something." The man took a seat finally and folded his fingers in front of him resting his head on his hands and closing his eyes and took in a breath to calm and gather himself.

"I had a sister," He presses his hands to his forehead, to be honest he'd just as soon not talk about this, to anyone. No...their part of the Free Council, if I'm going to be living here, dealing with them THEY at least need to know. He took in another breath and kept talking. "Her birth...my mom...she died giving birth to her. I don't know if it was because of that or some other reason but...she ended up being on the Spectrum. I don't know what her actual condition was. The man I called dad wouldn't get her tested. Wouldn't even hold or feed her, he hated her blamed her for mom's death. He showed it a lot too...I ended up taking care of her, she was..." Spark actually allows himself a smile a memory of his sister painting with intense focus. "Artistic, in her own way. I'll admit to being bitter too...but I got over that. Father...drowned himself in liquor and anger, I took the brunt of it wouldn't him lay a hand on her when I could help it. When I got old enough to get a job I decided I wanted to get us out of there."

He paused and went to get another drink, this time it was much more coke then rum, "Then one day as I'm coming home from work. Trying to get home before my father so my sister won't be in harms way...I awaken. What I experienced...well I'll keep that to myself for now. But it made me late and when I got home..." Spark lays his palms on his face and presses hard. "When I got home..." He fought the image in his mind of her crumbled body laying there. "Dad had gone off, worse then usual. She must have a fit, she was already gone by the time I got there. He was passed out drunk...I ran outside holding her when he woke up. He was yelling...don't know what...but it was a stormy day and well..." Spark looked up, a smile completely bereft of any genuine mirth on his face. "Accidents happen, a couple times...in a row."

Spark gave a few moments for it all to settle in, "I told you that so you'd understand, that's the real reason I need to learn Death. So I can make it right so I can bring her back and give her a second chance, cause it's my fault."

11. Likes Xander, Mark, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Shodan

"Well, for what it's worth I don't think soul and mind are one and the same. Like, soul-stealing is a thing, right? But losing a soul, or making a soulstone is not the same as losing your mind?" There's a lingering question mark. Lacking the proper experience and magics, Shodan could only relate what he heard from second-hand sources "It's something similar to my own interests, but I try to focus more on transfer. Basically, if we can move the entire mind and Awakened soul between bodies. How about artificial ones? How about not needing a body at all? Or if you can literally program the Awakening.exe to fire off in every single human being" Like, at the same time. The Exarchs would piss themselves "Buuut, it's still long ways off. The amount of Forces, Matter, Mind and good old dollars that would need to go into this thing is a lot. But we'll get there" The Prime Mover says with confidence "In any case, you can seek out Phoenyx. I know for a fact she meditates, so there might be some insight there"

He likes the guy already. It's not just about Order, or the overlap in of fields of study, but the sheer excitement with which he talks about his work is invigorating, and not unlike Shodan's own.

And then Spark drops the bomb. Shodan doesn't know what exactly he expected when the other Obrimos announced coming clean about his previous lie, but it was not that. Also, second time when he becomes confidant in a personal matter like that. Wonder what the third would be.

"Whoa" Is all he can muster for a moment, but realizing it'd not be right to end it right there, he continues "I'm not sure what part of what happened is your 'fault'. You did all you could to save your sister. The rest was beyond your control" He can imagine just what 'kind' of accidents must have happened that day "I don't know a lot about Death. But I've felt ghosts before and let me tell you - it's a fucked up state of being. Like you're a broken record, but worse" Would his sister's ghost even remember Spark when he summoned her? Would she feel the same way she did when she was alive? The Libertine does not know, but for some reason pessimism overtakes him "At the risk of sounding like a total asshole, I'm going to tell you that you'll probably be disappointed in the result. Which doesn't mean you shouldn't learn Death, I bet it's crazy useful. But if I were you?" He takes a drink (vodka with an orange juice, and hold the juice) and a bite "If I were you I'd take this experience and move forward"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 25

You do not have permission to view the list of names.