Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent," Lenora offers, "I am certain Her Majesty and Reeve Mitnick find your services invaluable. Should you require assistance in your endeavors and you feel my network can assist, let me know. As I've said, it benefits my aims to ensure the success of yourself and Mr. Whitney."

Then a brow raised.

"Anti-Kindred weaponry? Intriguing," she says, "Has the greater Domain been told of the threat? Perhaps then more able members would come to assist Reeve Mitnick and yourself in solving the problem."

She offered a nod of understanding as Jack afforded his explanation.

"How far removed are you from your years of mortality?" she asked, "I understand if you deem the question to be too intimate, but your discussion has certainly made me curious."

A chuckle followed as Jack asked about her studies in Law.

"As I said, my education in Law was not formal, but, over many years, the need to familiarize myself with various facets became important. That said, my desire to assist the Baroness' comfort. In this way, it was a tool for manipulation and deflection. I was unconcerned with justice," Lenora answers before her smile tugs lightly as Jack plays along with her bait, "I was a blood doll at first, seduced on a whim because she found me beautiful. It was only after she realized what I could be made to become that our relationship deepened. Only then did she offer me a taste of her Vitae in order to extend my life. And my instruction began."

A pause follows the revelation.

"If she had found less potential - or if I had failed too gravely in my tenure as her ghoul, I would still had been in her service," Lenora admits, "but I would have been a member of her Herd and I would not have been... myself. Nor would I have been granted the gift Vitae. Thus, Death would have embraced me already. Likely at least a decade or two ago."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I certainly will, and I reciprocate the same offer to you," Jacque replied.

"The prior Sheriff made it a point to emphasize caution to anyone who was tasked with missions that could lead them into an encounter with the weapons." He leaned back comfortably in his seat, "I'm certain Reeve Mitnick will follow in the same footsteps until the threat is neutralized."

"Long enough," he replied coyly, devoid of anything that could be interpreted as snide. He nodded at her understanding and added, "You haven't mentioned how proficient you were with powers of the blood yet." A gentle reminder of the promise of equal information.

He listened to her history, first a blood doll, then a ghoul and ultimately embraced, "You mentioned when you first arrived to the domain that you wound up in a predicament where you were not formally invited to the First Estate yet others assumed you had been and declined. Do you think you would have accepted such an invitation if offered?"

Blood Hunt:

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

For the first time, Lenora's smile has let her lips part, bearing her teeth lightly at the agreeable Whip before her.

"Ah, well it is not within my skillsets to assist that deep on the ground, I'm afraid," she admits, "And I'm certain he will. Reeve Mitnick is a quiet man, but he seems quite resourceful."

"Keep your secrets," she replied granting the Whip a knowing wink. Then his reminder, "Ah, yes, my apologies, dear cousin. I am well-versed in our families signature discipline. It was a frequent lesson with the Baroness and I am more than capable of many of its applications, though, for the moment, true conditioning evades me. In the spirit of honesty, it is something I intend to learn very soon when I begin to accrue a herd. I am also versed in Animalism, though my interests in that discipline are rather tertiary. Beyond this, my chief interest lies within a certain sight... of which I boast no mastery."

Lenora is known for her careful nature, but the Herald's last question is answered without her usual pondering gaze and careful silence.

"Certainly," she said, "However, I would be more than suspicious of the offer. The Kindred of Sacramento know very little of my abilities or ambitions. The First Estate has maintained their position in our society through tact and prudence. I would expect no less from the Invictus here. As such, I would only wholly trust an invitation if it were granted by one whom had been convinced of my merit and ability."

Then a sly smile.

"To that end, I am fortunate enough to have caught the attention of Archon Twist," Lenora concludes, "A meeting will soon come, but for now all I can say is I remain hopeful and eager to prove my worth of the distinction."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque smiled, "I also had an interest in the sight. Being able to tell if someone was lying by body language is one thing but to actually see it is something else entirely." He chuckles quietly to himself, "Though it falls short of solving the real enigma I'm sorting out. Even if I can tell if someone is lying, how can I reveal deceptions to others without relying on others like witnesses. I was fortunate that Mister Boyle revealed his true nature so abruptly but that may not be the case for a future argument. I'm certain I'm not the only creature who's pondered that riddle. I'm sure I won't be the last either."

He nods at her answer, "Truth be told, I was asking about your past arrangements but it is good to hear your prudent nature serves you well in all facets of your danse. I wish you luck with your upcoming meeting."

"Regarding goals for the clan, I figured starting relatively simple would be a good aim. As I stated, the previous Priscus' methods may not have been the best read of the personalities at the time and ultimately led to substantial infighting and grudges." He shrugged, "It is in our nature to pursue power for ourselves but I feel we can do so without being so... self-destructive."

He added, "We should work on calling upon each other for Domain issues, supporting each other to gain power and influence and rewarding those who succeed in those expectations. It may also be prudent to invest in a safe haven for the Lords' exclusive use."

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A glint of quiet admiration hit Lenora's features as he discussed his mutual (or previously mutual) interest in Auspex.

"I am told it can do more than reveal deception," Lenora offers, "And it is many of the other benefits that I seek to discover, namely in order to assist in the sorting of certain... peculiarities that may soon arise. The Baroness feels it's gifts could become useful and, as she has been of our particular blood for longer, it behooves me to listen to her advice."

"Ah," she offers as he clarifies what he meant about her Invictus connections, "In truth my connections to the First Estate were largely by proxy. I was the ghoul of an esteemed member and later her childe, but then I've explained why the invitation wasn't offered. My work benefited only the Baroness' estate. However, had the Alders of the covenant in Philadelphia had deemed that enough, I likely would have accepted upon Embrace. Knowing what I know now though, I would remain suspicious of such an invite when they had previously deemed my deeds as a ghoul largely inconsequential."

"It is," Lenora says, agreeing with the Herald's assessment of the tendencies of Ventrue, "but that is why we have long been known as the Clan of Kings. However, the most successful Lords know they cannot rise to the highest echelons of their chosen arenas alone. Alliances are not merely beneficial, they are necessary. I would sooner trust a cousin of ambition to make a better account of himself in such a partnership than most other Kindred. Particularly when they understand the use of close relations. You understand this. Hence, my desire for our relationship to become more candid."

A slight smile is offered as Lenora allows time for a comfortable pause.

"Thus, in the spirit of building the trust between us, you should know I bear no interest in the title of Herald," Lenora admits, "I am more than willing to assist you in maintaining your authority. However, I will admit my interests in the position of Harpy. It is my understanding that you remain the acting title holder, at least insofar as responsibilities go, until Her Majesty selects a Kindred to take up the vacancy."

Finally Lenora came to the Herald's final suggestion and a peaked brow evidenced Ms. Black's interest.

"Are you suggesting a coterie, Jack?" she asks. If so the development was interesting. Jack would not be the first Kindred of stature to offer such a boon.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Killian Jacque Can we close this to get it in continuity or was there something else you wanted to add?

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded, "I'll keep that in mind in case the proper opportunity arises. For myself, I was arguably on the correct side of a dispute." He lifted his shoulders, "Where many toed the line, I did not hesitate." He smiled, contemplating how Lenora's opportunity would manifest.

Softly shaking his head, "Not.... yet. I used 'we' in the broader sense of the clan's population of Sacramento." Adding with the flick of his finger, "Not that I would entirely reject such an idea, but I'd like to see you more engaged in Sacramento first." The little bits she's seen her act were promising, but he was curious what else was to come once she established her roots.

He lifted to his feet, sliding out of the booth and extended a hand to his attractive guest, "I should return to the laboratory and see how the testing is progressing. If you would permit it, I can walk you out." A gentle smile accented the offer.

We can get this closed up with your final remarks Lenora . Sorry for the slow pace on this.

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Loyalty is as useful to Kindred as it is to Kine," Lenora muses, "Even if it comes less easily to us as the years pull. I am glad your efforts have assisted in your rise."

"How prudent," she offers as Jack denies his aims are pushed towards the creation of a coterie. Given the softening features, it seems this caution pleases the young Priscus. "Caution is best. After all you're still working towards seeing my inner workings, no? A delicate game."

Then a shift of the woman's gaze found it staring at the offered hand. Taking it, Lenora rises.

"Regardless, I look forward to showing my worth," she said, "Another night, of course."

Though the hand remained in Jack's as the Lord spoke, it was gently retracted once he had finished. Retrieving her blazer, Lenora slipped it on and smoothed out non-existent wrinkles.

"I see no reason to interfere with your duties for the sake of a formality. Just as you can see yourself to your task, I can see myself to the door." Lenora said, the often present slight smile again alighting her face. Back to business as usual. "Be well, Herald."

She would stay long enough for Jack's farewell should he wish to give it, but no longer. In either case, Lenora would be returning to the night of Sacramento alone.

Good to close! Thanks for the scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread