Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Knock it off...

...or...

...stop."

He's just staring while digesting that. Did he really just say that? And some people object to clarifications being made when nuggets of wisdom like that are being bandied about. His eyes are ever so slightly narrowed, but it's the furrow of contemplation rather than any menace. Because Mobius. Really, if she only knew how he used those words compared to most.

Wait, what? Sad?

"I lose her all the time." Snrrrrk. He can't help it, and a laugh peals out that's just shrill enough to be mildly annoying. No, they don't know. "I'm sorry." Long fingers come up in a 'pause' gesture. "I wasn't laughing about your family. That's not funny. I just, you know. In my head. Inside joke, party of one. Just bad timing."

And this is how it ends. Dying on the hill of a mis-used word because of pride and vanity. Were you watching carefully? Because when this card flips over, it'll show the most dangerous person at the table: one who's wrong, knows he's wrong, and refuses to admit it. Shodan's just going to keep being wrong willfully with a splash of grade school copycat mockery to try to grease it. Y i k e s. Take note when an actual situation arises and remember this, yo.

"Man. You're so tall for a Sicilian."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Did he really say that? Spark bit his lip then...couldn't hold it back he laughed. It was a chuckle, but the tension broke at last. "Yeah okay, you got me on that one. Didn't think my words through." Guess he wasn't a threat after all, irritating, but not a threat.

Spark turned his attention back to the others, he listened but didn't really have much else to add, aside from being new to the city any relationships he had in the past fizzled out quickly. No one liked being someone's second concern, especially when that first concern was a girl whose been dead for years. Spark's lull in the conversation ended up with his phone in his hands, he paused as he often did at the unlock screen a picture of a child with strawberry blonde hair, face stained with paint smiling at the camera. Spark's coffee cup got a lot emptier before he unlocked it and checked his texts and any messages.

Spark's ears did perk at the mention of an 'Archery club' not something you see everyday. "Archery always looked fun," ​That said a gun was a lot faster and easier.

4. Likes Ruach, West liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

The tension seemed to dissipate slightly, and Mobius was always quick to forget hard feelings.

"Wait.. really?" Her eyes now already wide at the realization that Kaze was referring to the no-nonsense seeming First Talon that she had seen briefly at the consilium meeting. Thinking it over, they must have made a strange pair, but maybe that's what made it work. "Yeah, she definitely seems like the motorcycle type too. I'm not sure I have the nerve to ask her." she laughs to herself. In truth, she was intimated by several of the new mages she had met, and although the consilium was small in number, there was no shortage of strong personalities - her own notwithstanding.

She listened passively to the back and forth between everyone else and Star, scrolling on her phone the way all the other kids do when they don't have anything to contribute.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles as Shodan rallies. Then he listens, actually cocking his head as the stranger speaks. "Oh, no problem; it was a long time ago. I'm glad your...'situation' isn't a sad one anyway." he says, smiling and seeming genuinely happy.

When he hears the 'Sicilian' comment, Kaze cocks his head again and chuckles, "You really do remind me of someone. Do you spend a lot of time, well, thinking about time or...watching it?" Kaze asks the stranger, in kind of an in joke tone, not necessarily expecting a response or acknowledgment of his words.

Kaze chuckles again at Spark's comment about archery. "It's a funny club, to tell you the truth. I don't remember anyone in it actually doing actual archery. Just talking about arrows, really seriously."

"Really." Kaze says to Mobius in a tone of complete sincerity. He smiles at her confession of finding Phoenyx intimidating. "Sure, your choice. I think if you decided to, it could be' the beginning of a beautiful friendship'." He says, like he's quoting something. "But I could be wrong; I'm pretty optimistic, generally, sometimes too much. I know she's seriously interested in different subjects, like history. She'd probably like talking about it. Is that something you're interested in? All my books lately tend to be about biology, botany, zoology and anatomy."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

If he reads Kaze right, Mr. Mop Hair reminds the ex-Arrow of Krazy Kaster, the Acanthus. To be perfectly honest, it'd be a match made in heaven - they both share that peculiar aura of being outside of things. Then again, Kaster was a mage. This guy, though certainly clever, didn't seem like much. And at this point? Since no expressions or words of his seem to be directed at Shodan, the Prime Mover ceases all attempts to keep up.

He frowns at both Spark and Mobius having their own wifi party, because - rude. Shodan may have one technogadget or other in his hand most of the time, but there's a time and place for everything. If you're bored - just say so.

Shodan is not sure what's the purpose of Kaze taking about arrows and archery. And why he emphasises certain words. Because that's leading talk, and who knows who is listening? But perhaps it can be somehow salvaged...

"So, you guys do or watch any sports?" He asks, to the table in general rather than any specific person. Ten bucks says their nondescript guest's answer is going to include the word 'apple', just because "If not, I suggest you do. I can't seem to go on a run or play some basketball in the open without ending up in a philosophy discussion. Crazy, but I'm not complaining" Hell, that day in the park when he met Winter was the closest he ever came to knowing the guy. And he beat him in the game. Bonus.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Spark gets a grin and a shrug. De nada. But there's totally bonus points for the admission. This guy, he can work with. As for the other? It's like a kid who's raked together a little pile of pine needles and set them on fire to watch them burn. Because fire. Nobody cares about the ashes, yo.

"Who? Me?"
    He blinks at Case. Really? All this talk of archery and motorcycles is weird. It's like being set up, but it's not a setup. They don't know how We flew through the city and rained down arrows and judgment on the wicked. "Not really? Other than, you know. All the great girl bands. 'Time, time, time, see what's become of me' and 'Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new'. Of course there's also Yaz, but only Alfie is a girl."

There should probably have been a warning sign: Hard Tangent Ahead. You know what they say, though. Keep up, or check your Inbox for offers on the little blue pill.

"What's next? Karoake?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes DeepSeas, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Alexander Greyson
    Striking Looks
    ((Intense))
    Spark

Nimbus: His eyes spark with Electricity and blue arcs of energy play between his fingers and runs up and down his arms.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just talked about arrows..." Spark rubbed his temple, he thought it was a joke but wasn't really sure. "Then but...uhh..." Spark shook his head, nope this rabbit hole wasn't worth going down.

The Obrimos put his phone away when Shodan brought up the subjects of sports, he had a long winded reply in mind but decided to shorten it up. "Not anymore, just lost interest. Used to play in school though, football, then basketball then just track and field."

Spark balks at the suggestion of Karoke. "Hard pass on that, I couldn't sing if I had gun to my head."

12. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Mobius
    Presence
    (Unassuming)
    Status
    (Mysterium)
    Emotional Detachment
    Library
    (Classical Mysticism)
    Mobius
    Nimbus

Visual lag (jerky motions, sudden starts and stops) seems to occur around the onlookers' periphery, and the world takes on muted rainbow shades that shift and bend, like a magnet near a CRT television.

PRE

"Not my best subject in school." She shrugged at Kaze, lifting her gaze from her phone. She'd have a hard time telling you which one was her best. "But I can give it a shot." If she had the opportunity to meet the First Talon outside of consilium, that is.

She suppresses a frown when sports becomes the topic, unpleasant memories of being forced to go outside and socialize and sweat. "I used to play softball in high school. Fast pitch. Pitcher, believe it or not." She didn't specify whether or not she was any good. "Want to get a game together?" She joked.

"The Bangles?" she turned her attention to Star, picking out a song she recognized from his tangent. "Rain-check on the karaoke for sure, but only if you sing first." she answered directly with a grin, unsure if the offer was legitimate or just some other subtlety. "Maybe Case can come and bring his girlfriend." She looked back to Kaze, hopeful. Still thinking about that motorcycle.

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Shodan’s subject choice, “Sports are good. I played football for UCLA a little, still like watching it.” He says. “I haven’t played anything in a while though, just been focusing on martial arts since then, mostly kung fu.” He offers. “Not for competition though.

Don’t forget, ‘Time after time ‘, “ Kaze responds with a grin to Star, “Cyndi Lauper is amazing.”

He nods in Spark’s direction, possibly acknowledging the confusion and resignation with comprehending the local arrows club, possibly empathizing.

Kaze smiles at Möbius, “Cool. I’m pretty sure she would appreciate it if you wanted to hang out and talk history or philosophy away from work.” He says sincerely. “Do you have a favorite subject?” He asks, interested.

Kaze laughs at the suggestion of karaoke, “That’s great! I don’t know if she’d sing, but she’d probably come and watch me goof around! I don’t really sing, but I don’t drink either so I guess that balances out!”
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Star proposes karaoke, but the mages in the room don't seem to have a lot of faith in their vocal abilities. For all his cocksurety, Shodan is inclined to join that club. Not that lack of skill ever stopped him from doing something that seemed like fun "I'd be for an evening out singing. Or, you know, trying to in my case. Worst that can happen is we murder a few songs, but we need to unwind from the work stress somewhere" He still had that planned nightclub outing at the back of his had. Postponed on account of the flow of new people, it might be time to dust the idea off now that the population is more stable.

In other news, their still-unnamed companion is into '80 pop rock. Not this Libertine's scene, but you can hardly judge when you're into '80 game consoles.

"Sure!" He responds to Mobius'. If she wasn't being serious with the offer of a game, it flew straight over Shodan's head "Don't know if there's enough people around to get two teams going, but we could check for interest, hit the Softball Complex on Longview Drive and fill in the gaps with random bystanders" Certainly there'd enough people interested in an impromptu game, even if there's just enough people in the Consilium to pull it off.

Fantasy softball, now that'd be something.

Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread